Well done Tigers-Just keep on winning

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well done Tigers-Just keep on winning

Post by Ian Cant »

Again we had a different team out yet managed a win. Thought Dan Bowden was superb particularly as his eyes still showed signs of the horrible injury he got! Williams good too with Ben Youngs showing far more confidence. Just well done then to the whole lot of you for battling through tough times. Good luck v Newcastle, another difficult fixture. :smt038 :smt038
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Well done Tigers-Just keep on winning

Post by Darc Tiger »

Just keep winning. And keep improving. But most importantly, keep winning!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Great result, now in the top four, just need to maintain that now.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Darc Tiger wrote:Just keep winning. And keep improving. But most importantly, keep winning!
:smt038
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Ian Cant wrote:Again we had a different team out yet managed a win. Thought Dan Bowden was superb particularly as his eyes still showed signs of the horrible injury he got! Williams good too with Ben Youngs showing far more confidence. Just well done then to the whole lot of you for battling through tough times. Good luck v Newcastle, another difficult fixture. :smt038 :smt038
Agreed with all of the above... until you said, "Newcastle, another difficult fixture". They have won 3 and lost 12 this year. I would hope that we will show them due respect but anything less than a comfortable win (preferably 5 points, subject to the conditions) would be a poor result; we are, after all, the reigning champions.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Saints only managed only 3 points in about 50 minutes after a whirlwind start, and lost the 2nd half 10-3.

We should win, but Newcastle away is a definite banana skin.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Two thirds of the way through the AP season, fourth, and still not what I’d call a really good performance (in the AP) out of the team. If we keep muddling through, holding on to fourth and then win the play-offs it will be a crime. Here’s hoping.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

L Smith wrote:
Agreed with all of the above... until you said, "Newcastle, another difficult fixture". They have won 3 and lost 12 this year. I would hope that we will show them due respect but anything less than a comfortable win (preferably 5 points, subject to the conditions) would be a poor result; we are, after all, the reigning champions.
Either a very arrogant view or being provocative. Takes no account of our injuries and lack of form. Newcastle gave saints a 3 try start and nearly turned them over. As Dean Richards said they are improving. Let's hope they continue their improvement after next Sundays game and not before.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

h's dad wrote:Two thirds of the way through the AP season, fourth, and still not what I’d call a really good performance (in the AP) out of the team. If we keep muddling through, holding on to fourth and then win the play-offs it will be a crime. Here’s hoping.
Well if we do, they should punish us for the crime by giving us the trophy for keeps and throwing away the key :smt001
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Keep on winning goes without saying, but we really need these bonus points for 4 tries with the win, we have an excellent opportunity to achieve this next Sunday against the Falcons and we must take it. After all it could be vitally important in keeping ahead of Quins & Sale for that 4th place, because I think that is all
we can aim for, although the Bath v Saracens clash at the rec next week may give us something. as long as we get 5 points against Newcastle.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

We don't really though do we? We are now ahead of Quins. All we need to do is keep winning. That is if we accept top 2 is beyond reach.

Even if we don't go unbeaten, Quins, Sale and Wasps aren't likely to go unbeaten either. Just keep winning games and trying to improve. The table will take care of itself.
tig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tig1 »

h's dad wrote:Two thirds of the way through the AP season, fourth, and still not what I’d call a really good performance (in the AP) out of the team. If we keep muddling through, holding on to fourth and then win the play-offs it will be a crime. Here’s hoping.
Agree H. Keep muddling through, hang in there and see how it ends. Sport and form can change from nowhere. If any club can do it Tigers can.

Personally I think the management by the club of our lions players started the rot for this season, and it is a crying shame to see all these great players either chronically injured or playing way short of their potential. But just my opinion.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Well if we can play that badly and yet win the last 3 games then we could still make the payoffs. Good job the linesman missed Deacon miles offside and blocking yesterday.

Do we have any thinking players on the pitch? Few minutes to go and a man down so let's hoof it anywhere? Dooh!

Then again this run of luck could run out, or a more tactically astute team might take us to the cleaners soon. We'll have to wait and see.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

tig1 wrote:Personally I think the management by the club of our lions players started the rot for this season, and it is a crying shame to see all these great players either chronically injured or playing way short of their potential. But just my opinion.
What?
Apart from YBY form , what exactly could we have avoided my managing the players differently, injuries are unfortunate and you cannot plan for them, the latest was done whilst Dan was away with England, how is that the clubs fault.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

tigerburnie wrote:
tig1 wrote:Personally I think the management by the club of our lions players started the rot for this season, and it is a crying shame to see all these great players either chronically injured or playing way short of their potential. But just my opinion.
What?
Apart from YBY form , what exactly could we have avoided my managing the players differently, injuries are unfortunate and you cannot plan for them, the latest was done whilst Dan was away with England, how is that the clubs fault.
Give up TB, some people are intent on blaming the coaches, probably even for their bad hair day moments. :smt003