Well done Tigers-Just keep on winning

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Phil B
Super User
Super User

Re: Well done Tigers-Just keep on winning

Post by Phil B »

A good performance all round would suit me.

If the perfect game is 100%, then the best I have seen this year from us is (calculator out!)....70%. There is a great deal of improvement possible, but the question for me is whether we will improve. Injuries, absences, poor form etc etc have all taken their toll. If the Rugby Gods like us, then who knows, wins + performances to frighten the others could yet come our way. However, I am not holding my breath, and (regretfully) I just get the feeling this is not our season.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:
L Smith wrote:
Agreed with all of the above... until you said, "Newcastle, another difficult fixture". They have won 3 and lost 12 this year. I would hope that we will show them due respect but anything less than a comfortable win (preferably 5 points, subject to the conditions) would be a poor result; we are, after all, the reigning champions.
Either a very arrogant view or being provocative. Takes no account of our injuries and lack of form. Newcastle gave saints a 3 try start and nearly turned them over. As Dean Richards said they are improving. Let's hope they continue their improvement after next Sundays game and not before.
In Cockers' own words (and one of this forum's poster's strap-lines), "You can't settle for mediocrity, can you?".
I was speaking to a fan who hasn't seen much of the tigers in recent years and he went to the Ulster game at Welford Road, where I thought we did pretty well, albeit on the wrong side of the result. He said he couldn't believe how the standards had fallen, having been a season ticket holder a few years back.
In my opinion, winners need a degree of arrogance, SMGY. I'll leave the provocation to other forum users. :smt006
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Johndudey
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Johndudey »

I think the lads are buzzing after Irish, especially Goneva, Williams and Youngs. I think if we keep a similar team against Falcons we should get the 5 points. I don't see what could happen in training that would make them come out worse than last week and put less effort in. For some of the game against Irish I could see a glimpse of the Tigers passion again. Apart from the last 5 minutes, Irish never looked like scoring. We put in a decent performance and I think standards will continue to rise, hopefully climaxing against Saints and we surprise everyone (including ourselves) and smash them! Of course this is all best case scenario, but who knows? I see some of the old Tigers flare and I'm instantly pumped and believe this season could still be ours haha! :smt003