Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BJ.
Super User
Super User

Wales v France

Post by BJ. »

Oh dear me France, that was poor.

However, what brassed me off more than anything else last night was the BBC's commentary team - three Welshmen! At points they were as bad as those Brits who commentated on some snowboarding event at Sochi last week who were practically cheering when Johnny Foreigner either fell over or didn't get the required marks.

How the hell can we have an impartial commentary with Butler, Davies & Williams on the mike?
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Wales v France

Post by RWA »

Agree. Butler just can't contain his joy when a Welsh score occurs and Jiffy "numbers" Davies isn't much better.
Slap7

Post by Slap7 »

I thought Alain Roland was awful and the feeding was disgraceful at the set piece. The idea of the commentary team all being Welsh was rubbish as they didn't see any indiscretion in the welsh ranks. Finally I thought it was poor that the officials didn't stop the terrible unsporting gestures by the Welsh players.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

My favourite moment was during the first pair of scrums.

First scrum, Wales get the shove on because they pushed early. Free kick to France.

Butler: 'That's a positive sign for Wales' (that they got the shove on because they caught the French off guard?)

Second scrum, Wales apply a fast and blatant wheel. Penalty to France.

Butler: 'The Welsh will be happy with that, managing to get one over on the French front row.' (What?!)

A few minutes later later, Williams compounded it by saying scrum penalties were 'one for France, one for Wales.' I think, at the time, The only Welsh scrum penalty was because of a slip from a French player.
Slap7

Post by Slap7 »

Why did Rolland warn the front rows in the first half, then not bin anyone until the second half. There wasn't one true scrum all match, it my eyes. Adam Jones is terrible and I believe he contributed to every problem in the scrum. Perhaps Butler is happy to be associated with cheating at the set piece and breakdown, IMHO!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

I've put a complaint into the BBC regarding the biased commentary. I'll let you know their reply as and when it arrives.
El Guapo
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by El Guapo »

Methinks Wales would have won just as easily with a 'Tigers selected ref' and an 'unbiased commentary team' - - - :smt002
Cardiff Blues Supporter
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

El Guapo wrote:Methinks Wales would have won just as easily with a 'Tigers selected ref' and an 'unbiased commentary team' - - - :smt002
Obviously. :smt001
El Guapo
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by El Guapo »

Well spotted that man. :smt023
Cardiff Blues Supporter
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

I didn't watch the Wales / France game, but completely agree with you about the Winter Olympics commentary, it has been very amateur most of the time and a little bit embarrassing. There is nothing wrong with showing a little bit of pride, but as you say, you cannot blatently be willing the other competitors to fail.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Skin_and_Muscle wrote:My favourite moment was during the first pair of scrums.

First scrum, Wales get the shove on because they pushed early. Free kick to France.

Butler: 'That's a positive sign for Wales' (that they got the shove on because they caught the French off guard?)

Second scrum, Wales apply a fast and blatant wheel. Penalty to France.

Butler: 'The Welsh will be happy with that, managing to get one over on the French front row.' (What?!)

A few minutes later later, Williams compounded it by saying scrum penalties were 'one for France, one for Wales.' I think, at the time, The only Welsh scrum penalty was because of a slip from a French player.
+1, my thoughts at the time too, France really were poor, credit to the offside Welsh though they played the refs inadequacies' perfectly
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

france were not very good last night and in the second half they just starting arguing with each other.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

The BBC showing again a very biased team for the Italy v Scotland game it's quite frankly disrespectful to the Italians that the BBC are so one sided in their coverage :smt013
Let's hope Italy win!!!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

So far so good, they are winning! :smt023
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »