Dan Cole Injured

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Dan Cole Injured

Post by sapajo »

Tight head Dan Cole is out of rest of #RBS6Nations with bulging disc in his neck which is trapping a nerve.

Tweeted by England Rugby
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Dan Cole Injured

Post by fentiger »

Maximus66

Post by Maximus66 »

Lions, League, Autumn Internationals, 6 Nations, you name it.
The man is a machine who's been playing non-stop rugby for months and many a match has been for the full 80.

How he has got this far without injury I'll never know :smt009
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Blast! :smt010

Just get well Dan!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I don't know what the big deal is. He's just a prop and it shouldn't affect a club like Tigers. Injuries are just an excuse for a poor coaching team
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:I don't know what the big deal is. He's just a prop and it shouldn't affect a club like Tigers. Injuries are just an excuse for a poor coaching team
There are times when you are funny, there are times when you are being deliberately provocative. I assume this is ironic, but today it seems just ill-advised and in bad taste. Sorry.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:I don't know what the big deal is. He's just a prop and it shouldn't affect a club like Tigers. Injuries are just an excuse for a poor coaching team
Einstein :smt023
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

jgriffin wrote:
There are times when you are funny, there are times when you are being deliberately provocative. I assume this is ironic, but today it seems just ill-advised and in bad taste. Sorry.
Apologies JG. I was going to add though that I wish Dan a speedy recovery. The guy has been immense for Lions, England and us. I personally think he has been overplayed.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Thank you England :smt013. So under their watch we've lost Parling for 6 months and potentially Cole for the rest of the season. Unfortunately this could be the straw that broke the camels back in terms of our season. Losing the best tighthead in England (if not Europe) alongside our current injury list makes the challenge of reaching the playoff final even tougher. Logo will have to step up massively to reduce the loss of Cole. The only positive that can be taken from this situation is that a lot of people will now see how key Cole is when Dave Wilson is being dominated. The Youngs brothers are now our only Lions left standing, I think that says a lot about the problem the game of rugby as a whole faces in terms of player welfare. Hopefully Cole will be back sooner rather than later as he is such a key player for us.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:
jgriffin wrote:
Apologies JG. I was going to add though that I wish Dan a speedy recovery. The guy has been immense for Lions, England and us. I personally think he has been overplayed.
I apologise too. :smt023 I am just very angry with the ill-informed criticism when we are at a low ebb, not of the coaching team's making. The news about Dan is bad, and means probably a substantial lay-off.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

:censored: hell...

Still, at least Fluffy seems to be fit and firing now. Need to be careful not to overwork him though. Need to give The Baltrain more minutes.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

This type of injury can be very serious for a prop even potentially career ending. A case in point being Phil Vickery. I sincerely wish Dan well and hope he can recover and come back from this injury.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

I seem to remember that there was a scandal about how many players were getting injured in these 'wrestling' training drills a couple of years ago. Am I wrong?
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

not surprising the amount of rugby he is getting he was bound to get an injury but it is not nice to see
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Hope it goes really well, otherwise could well be that his career now finished?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat