Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Tigers v Glaws

Post by rocktop51 »

[quote=

Don't know who got MOTM yesterday but in my opinion it should've been Tom Youngs who apart from a couple of dodgy line-outs was immense! I also though Ben Youngs played well yesterday as well and the try was definitely down to his running and passing in the lead upo and the pass that made the final try (via brother Tom, of course).[/quote]

Tom did get MOTM as presented by the dishy Sarah ! :smt053
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:
WiggoTiger wrote:My questions are why keep Crane at 8!! Exeter have got Waldrom to suit their game style. Playing Crane sums up our intentions, crash to the floor at evry opportunity. I have never felt so despondant watching the dross yesterday, Glaws are one of the worst teams in this league and we struggled badly. Flood needs binning alongside Ben Youngs, play Mele and Williams quicker ball and some flair! Kicking game a jole yet again and where was Mafi??
Mafi was dropped for Kitchener's return, Deacs must sit on the bench apparently
Mafi was on the bench last week wasn't he? Kitch was in his first game back after a bump and Deacs is one of our vice captains who brings some leadership skills when Kitch had done his bit. Something some have commented on as a positive as the second row were struggling a bit.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

On a lighter note, one thing really amused me about the game: Nigel davies complained about the free kick given for feeding, that led to our scrum, and then to the winning penalty.

Robson had been blatantly feeding all afternoon (as the crowd were very vocal to point out) - indeed without it their scrum would have had no look-in at all! The final feed was so bad even Dean Richards had to take note!

Nigel Davies's complaint was along the lines of "it was no worse than people get away with". If there'd been any justice the offence would've been 'nipped-in-the-bud' at the first couple of scrums. Even David Mele has now learned how not to be be blatant about it.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

WiggoTiger wrote:Shame Crane, Flood and BYoungs were not dropped!! Another Cockers cock up!
Could see your point re Crane and Flood but not Ben Youngs who had a very good game, made the try and was sorely missed when Mele came on: for once Mele added nothing to the mix.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
madjake

Post by madjake »

DickyP wrote:On a lighter note, one thing really amused me about the game: Nigel davies complained about the free kick given for feeding, that led to our scrum, and then to the winning penalty.

Robson had been blatantly feeding all afternoon (as the crowd were very vocal to point out) - indeed without it their scrum would have had no look-in at all! The final feed was so bad even Dean Richards had to take note!

Nigel Davies's complaint was along the lines of "it was no worse than people get away with". If there'd been any justice the offence would've been 'nipped-in-the-bud' at the first couple of scrums. Even David Mele has now learned how not to be be blatant about it.
I've come across from Shedweb just to point out something.

What ticked off Gloucester fans wasn't the fact we got pinged, it was the fact we got pinged for the only straight feed of the game. The scrum that followed was not straight and you got a penalty from it! Watch the replay!

Also, you got a penalty which led to your try when Tindal was rucking. He got done for dragging your man in, even though your man was trying to ruck tinds off the ball.

You got lucky, and the fact none of you have actually mentioned these incidents shows pure arrogance. The general perception is also very disrespectful to Gloucester, we have had 1 bad season like you but we can't seem to win when we deserve to, you win when you don't.
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

madjake wrote:
DickyP wrote:On a lighter note, one thing really amused me about the game: Nigel davies complained about the free kick given for feeding, that led to our scrum, and then to the winning penalty.

What ticked off Gloucester fans wasn't the fact we got pinged, it was the fact we got pinged for the only straight feed of the game. The scrum that followed was not straight and you got a penalty from it! Watch the replay!

Also, you got a penalty which led to your try when Tindal was rucking. He got done for dragging your man in, even though your man was trying to ruck tinds off the ball.

You got lucky, and the fact none of you have actually mentioned these incidents shows pure arrogance. The general perception is also very disrespectful to Gloucester, we have had 1 bad season like you but we can't seem to win when we deserve to, you win when you don't.

Actually have to agree with you, Tindall had one of his better games.
We were lucky, and as it has been said, if it weren't for your awful scrum then it would have been a Gloucester walk over.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

madjake wrote:What ticked off Gloucester fans wasn't the fact we got pinged, it was the fact we got pinged for the only straight feed of the game. The scrum that followed was not straight and you got a penalty from it! Watch the replay!
Law 20.2 states:
Hooker in a position to hook. Until the ball is thrown in, the hooker must be in a position to hook the ball. The hookers must have both feet on the ground, with their weight firmly on at least one foot. A hooker’s foremost foot must not be in front of the foremost foot of that team’s props. Sanction - free kick.

Having just watched the incident again, the Gloucester hooker's right foot is clearly in front of those of the props before the ball is fed in. His leg is crooked and, in essence, all the scrum-half did was throw the ball in so it bounced off the hooker's right calf towards the rear of the Gloucester scrum. The TJ on the Crumbie side called feeding since, from that distance, he saw the ball being 'fed' behind the hooker's feet. Wrong call but right decision.

As for the straightness of the put-in at the following Leicester scrum, that's another matter.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

also it was the touch judge not Richards that gave both those calls so left to his own devices Glaws would not have been done for feeding and that last scrum would have just been a reset
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

BJ. wrote: Having just watched the incident again, the Gloucester hooker's right foot is clearly in front of those of the props before the ball is fed in. His leg is crooked and, in essence, all the scrum-half did was throw the ball in so it bounced off the hooker's right calf towards the rear of the Gloucester scrum. The TJ on the Crumbie side called feeding since, from that distance, he saw the ball being 'fed' behind the hooker's feet. Wrong call but right decision.
Exactly, foot up! I'm surprised that others who watched the game on tv haven't pointed this out earlier. The old tricks that Peter Wheeler got away with are easily picked out by the cameras, and the TJ, who had a mare reffing Wasps the previous week, was spot on!
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

Tears are actually rolling down my face, such is the interest in this forum by Gloucester fans on Shedweb....we even get our own thread !!! How touching ....that they are worried that we're a bit concerned about our players ! We are even honoured by a visit from someone to tell us about the game on Sunday !

I've watched the game again, Robson is a serial feeder...,why wouldn't you when you know your forwards are going backwards every time ? That's why we haven't mentioned it. For the record, I agree that Tindall was unlucky to get pinged for the penalty, but I'm afraid Robson was lucky not to have been pinged earlier in the game. You make your own luck you know, Tigers wanted to scrummage and
Glos did what they have done all season.....infringed ! Forget about perception.
madjake

Post by madjake »

RWA wrote:Tears are actually rolling down my face, such is the interest in this forum by Gloucester fans on Shedweb....we even get our own thread !!! How touching ....that they are worried that we're a bit concerned about our players ! We are even honoured by a visit from someone to tell us about the game on Sunday !
Well there are a fair few tigers fans on shedweb along with a few other clubs who have passionate fans as well for whatever reason.

I wouldn't have come over and commented if it wasn't for what the thread on shedweb was reporting. I just thought I'd step up and throw an "opposition" fans opinion into the mix. Seeing as this was a "5 pointer" for you guys :smt018
TomWeston wrote:
BJ. wrote: Having just watched the incident again, the Gloucester hooker's right foot is clearly in front of those of the props before the ball is fed in. His leg is crooked and, in essence, all the scrum-half did was throw the ball in so it bounced off the hooker's right calf towards the rear of the Gloucester scrum. The TJ on the Crumbie side called feeding since, from that distance, he saw the ball being 'fed' behind the hooker's feet. Wrong call but right decision.
Exactly, foot up! I'm surprised that others who watched the game on tv haven't pointed this out earlier. The old tricks that Peter Wheeler got away with are easily picked out by the cameras, and the TJ, who had a mare reffing Wasps the previous week, was spot on!
I don't believe this is the reason, the lino was clearly shouting "feed" which can be heard very strongly on the tv, I think the lack of consistency has ticked everyone off, neutrals and pundits a like. It's not very good for the game in general if basic decisions aren't given to both sides is it? Given we were getting thrashed in the scrum, but not for that one we weren't...
madjake

Post by madjake »

jamiewilkinson wrote:
madjake wrote:

Actually have to agree with you, Tindall had one of his better games.
We were lucky, and as it has been said, if it weren't for your awful scrum then it would have been a Gloucester walk over.
Thanks Jamie. HRH has been having a very good season as a player/coach and had a very good game.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

CitizenSmiff wrote:Can anybody educate me as to what the Mulipola/Flood spat was about? The coverage didn't show much and Logo looked like he wanted to tear Flood apart.
http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/field ... story.html

Going back a bit but here's Cockers's view.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tweeted by Martin Crowson:

Richard Cockerill's Column: "Some people have questioned the players' effort this week. Well that's just rubbish and I won't have it!"

So there you have been told :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

tbf watching the game and listening to the radio this week...

I think the players are feeling the pressure and as a result 'all' probably trying too hard.

What you prefer players who love the club and try too hard for it or those who just pick up a paycheck and don't really care.

I think they need to 'relax' a bit and trust each other and not try to take it all on themselves.
cheers
Rich