Tigers v Glaws

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Philbert

Re: Tigers v Glaws

Post by Philbert »

Good looking team overall and ought to provide us with a good win on Sunday.

My only doubt is Deacon on the bench; I would have liked to Mafi or another lock given some game time. Deacon seems to be slowing down somewhat and whilst he will add bulk in the scrum and ball in the line out, he isn't as quick in the loose. Just MHO.

Philip
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
fentiger wrote:Any idea who Sir is?
Dean Richards I believe
Thank you.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Where is Pablo Matera?
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

No new big screen either! Delayed because of bad weather until 23 March for Exeter game :smt010
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="Qbec"]Where is Pablo Matera?[/quote]

Not sure. Assuming he's fit, who would you drop from the squad to play him?

Scully is unlucky to miss out on starting after last week. Pressure on Thomo to perform.
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. We've probably got the closest to a first choice team out than we've had in months, and the more time Youngs and Flood get playing together again, the more confidence they'll gain.

The pack has to step up from last week though. We have to win the gainline battle and bring up quick ball, otherwise we'll get drawn into yet another arm-wrestle, no matter how dominant our set-piece is (and I anticipate it will be pretty dominant). Having T Youngs and Kitchener back though is massive for that.

Shame we're not getting an 80 minute look at Freddie, mind ;)

My preview and predictions for Sunday's game is up here: http://www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

First and foremost we need a win. There is plenty of talent in the Gloucester pack and the backs. Let's not forget they did beat Perpignan away a couple of weeks ago!
At the moment Tigers just aren't playing well. Rather than play Ben Youngs I'd have rested him as he still seems tired, mentally and physically, after The Lions tour. Another tricky game and even a top 4 is going to take some reaching with the fixtures away we have!
LET'S ALL MAKE LOTS OF NOISE AS THIS IS WHEN THE TEAM REALLY NEEDS THE SUPPORT. Come on Tigers.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

The officials can usually be found on the match preview page on the Planet Rugby site 24-48 hours before kick-off.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

BJ. wrote:
The officials can usually be found on the match preview page on the Planet Rugby site 24-48 hours before kick-off.
Maybe, but I don't visit that site. I had already looked through the Tigers website.

Perhaps it may be a good idea for the mods here to provide some useful links for us mere mortals to find this information instead of cluttering up these threads with our requests (that some people are kind enough just to answer)?
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

fentiger wrote:Maybe, but I don't visit that site. I had already looked through the Tigers website.

Perhaps it may be a good idea for the mods here to provide some useful links for us mere mortals to find this information instead of cluttering up these threads with our requests (that some people are kind enough just to answer)?
You now know where to find the information so hopefully you won't have to 'clutter up threads' with similar requests in the future. :smt001
The moderators are here, as their title suggests, to moderate the forum and not research questions for contributors.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will feed himself for life.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

And there was me thinking that the art of conversation was dying only to find that the art of pedantic bickering is alive and well. The question was asked yesterday lunch and answered in 10 minutes followed by a polite thanks. Taking issue over nothing is clogging the thread.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

There is no pedantic bickering. A person asked a question and I told them where they can find the answer.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

I don't see the point in bringing it up the day after a simple question was asked and answered (showing not everyone minds a polite question in a discussion) and then misinterpret fentiger's reply. He was suggesting that there could be a list of useful links posted at the top of the forum topics, as the catering and Matt Hampson topics are, to to avoid 'cluttering' the forum, not that they should do the research for us.

Enjoy your fishing, I'm off to see the grandkids.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

GS wrote:I don't see the point in bringing it up the day after a simple question was asked and answered (showing not everyone minds a polite question in a discussion) and then misinterpret fentiger's reply. He was suggesting that there could be a list of useful links posted at the top of the forum topics, as the catering and Matt Hampson topics are, to to avoid 'cluttering' the forum, not that they should do the research for us.

Enjoy your fishing, I'm off to see the grandkids.
:smt023
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

The Tigers news doesn't usually give the officials, unless I am looking in the wrong place. I don't think it would be of rgeat assistance to have a thread simply for naming of officials but if majority want it, I could make a sticky with links to the various information webpages. I just try to bear in mind that equally people complain about too many stickies, or else they just don't notice or bother with them.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother