Team vs Worcester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Team vs Worcester

Post by youngtiger »

mightymouse wrote:Would have preferred Mele and Mafi in the starting line up but can't have everything!
Would you have had Mafi in front of Deacon? Steeeve's being used as a second row at the minute, which he does very well, but I'm not sure if I'd start him there.

Very excited to see that bench come on, Williams, Matera, Mafi and Thacker having some real impact would be good to watch.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Wow, that looks a great team, really hope they can perform and give us something to cheer, we really need something to lift us and I recon this team should have us jumping for joy :smt038 :smt030
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

We absolutely need to target the five points tomorrow.

Home semi is out of reach now, but we need to secure top 4 and the next four games are all must win games for me - should give us a bit of breathing room if we can do it...

Worcs are at the bottom for a reason, lets hope Tigers do the business :smt023
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Smurph would that everyone wishes that Geordan Murphy had not retired and was still playing, but I have been told that to do that he would need to get fit because he has put on quite a few pounds over the last 9 months. Well at least
we've noe got a back line that is looking decent with some good tacklers. Fingers crossed!
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Looking forward to the game. Squad should be good enough to get at least a win. Hopefully Thacker will get a game and show why he is so highly rated. Matera could do with a win aswell, every game he's played in we've lost badly, Sarries, Bath and Quins. Can't wait for Logo's first game back, we've missed his carrying and hits so much recently. Another chance for Balmain to impress aswell with Logo only likely to last around 50-60 minutes. Need a win here. :smt027 :smt027
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

TigerLad wrote:Looking forward to the game. Squad should be good enough to get at least a win. Hopefully Thacker will get a game and show why he is so highly rated. Matera could do with a win aswell, every game he's played in we've lost badly, Sarries, Bath and Quins. Can't wait for Logo's first game back, we've missed his carrying and hits so much recently. Another chance for Balmain to impress aswell with Logo only likely to last around 50-60 minutes. Need a win here. :smt027 :smt027
Not just a win! A 5 point win!!

:smt027
Still keeping the faith!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Strong looking side; weather going to be awful so lets get the bonus point early before the game is abandoned.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Old Hob wrote:Strong looking side; weather going to be awful so lets get the bonus point early before the game is abandoned.
I'll vote for that!

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Thaker is very small, but very quick, can he survive first team rugby, i cannot remember if he has played for first team before? Another point i would ask, our front row has not always gone forward this year, is he powerful enough?
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

From what I have seen of young Harry, he punches well above his weight and very much the modern, more dynamic, all-court hooker. Though it will be a step up. Only way to find out is to give him a shot. But we mustn't expect too much from him too soon.
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

It seems Worcester already have a Ryan Lamb in their ranks...Paul Warwick chucks a hopeful ball, Goneva takes it, we're 7-0 up :smt001
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

youngtiger wrote:It seems Worcester already have a Ryan Lamb in their ranks...Paul Warwick chucks a hopeful ball, Goneva takes it, we're 7-0 up :smt001
only 3 more needed!

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

youngtiger wrote:It seems Worcester already have a Ryan Lamb in their ranks...Paul Warwick chucks a hopeful ball, Goneva takes it, we're 7-0 up :smt001
another great break from Goneva and we could have a second try but Waldrom didn't quite have the pace to make it.

Recycled and eventually knocked on less than 5m out
TE

Post by TE »

why is the ref in similar colours to Worcester?

difficult to pick him out on tv
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Against the wind but even so Floody's kicking is, well, awful imo.

We still look pedestrian more often than not.

Wuss 2nd penalty brings them to within a point.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.