BBC coverage of internationals

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

BBC coverage of internationals

Post by LE18 »

Please would someone who does twitter or facebook or whatever please send a message for me to the BBC to ask for a health lwarning for the picture coverage of the England match. The continual switching of shots, close ups lasting less than a milli second and back again, long shot, short shot and back again and that infernal rolling ball that comes at you is doing my head in, its far worse than the camera flashes that they give warnings for. Also the dreadful commentary. Its so hard to follow the game, shots through players legs really do not allow you to follow the game, its dreadful. (suppose they will blame french Tv) :smt013
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: BBC coverage of internationals

Post by daktari »

LE18 wrote:Please would someone who does twitter or facebook or whatever please send a message for me to the BBC to ask for a health lwarning for the picture coverage of the England match. The continual switching of shots, close ups lasting less than a milli second and back again, long shot, short shot and back again and that infernal rolling ball that comes at you is doing my head in, its far worse than the camera flashes that they give warnings for. Also the dreadful commentary. Its so hard to follow the game, shots through players legs really do not allow you to follow the game, its dreadful. (suppose they will blame french Tv) :smt013
As should you as it is them providing the the feed.....
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Also no time for comments/interviews/reaction etc where was the forum? After a match like that the BBC should have allowed time for all of this imho!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Can we also arrange for Jiffy Davies, Jerry Gusset and especially Eddie Butler to be shot!

I know where Butler lives......I need help with the other two.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Davies really annoys me, along with Brian Moore who tries to talk sense but has such a job to spit out his words in his really caustic voice, these 2 really do not have tv dulcet tones.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Where are all the graphics/ replays/ analyis? That centre that used to play for us (whatever happened to him?) does something for Sky along those lines. Same tired panel giving same, predictable input.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
cc

Post by cc »

Views on the quality of the commentary aside (the imagery in this instance was French) it is a delight that all the internationals are available on a terrestrial channel. Previous years the England home internationals have only been available to those lucky souls who can afford the overpriced Sky packages. I applaud the BBC and, for that matter, BT Sport for allowing access to those who cannot afford to be ripped off.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

So much better tv picture cover today, its watchable, not too sure about Joubert though!
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

And please can someone give Butler lessons on how to pronounce Kayser and Nyanga?
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Grinsteadtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Grinsteadtiger »

Joubert asked the question "everything up to and including the grounding for try" as I recall. So TMO only goes back to looking to see if foot in touch. I thought in real time that Sextons pass was forward so watched it again in slow motion. IMHO judging by the lies of grass cutting well forward so checked position of hands ball released hands going well forward (maybe camera angle but why did TMO not go back further as asked? Just decision eventually though
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I thought he said he was happy with everything up to the grounding. So they checked grounding and in-touch. No try regardless.
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

To get the match for free you just have to tolerate the missing gimmicks! I have BT and Sky but can live without much of the pre and post match prattle.
Tigers - true Champions!
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Personally, although I agree the camera work was odd, I much prefer the Moore/Butler commentary to any of the infantile rubbish that BT dish up.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Personally, I didn't see any problems with the BBC coverage apart from the commentary and some inane remarks from the so called experts and analysts.
Can't we resurrect the Scottish chap from his grave, can't remember the name, now he was brilliant.
AntG

Post by AntG »

Noddy555 wrote:Personally, I didn't see any problems with the BBC coverage apart from the commentary and some inane remarks from the so called experts and analysts.
Can't we resurrect the Scottish chap from his grave, can't remember the name, now he was brilliant.
You are referring to Bill Mclaren, one of the great commentators. I used to enjoy the old BBC red button coverage as you could choose which audio feed to listen to including just the crowd or ref mike, for some reason they have got rid of it. At least when England are at home i can use the o2 app to switch the BBC's rubbish commentary off.