Teams up v Bath (LV Cup)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

h's dad
Super User
Super User

Re: Teams up v Bath (LV Cup)

Post by h's dad »

Noddy555 wrote:For The Boy Dave if Manu's return is dictated by recent results, if he's fit we should be definitely starting him ASAP. Our Aviva semi final qualification is
crucial to the club.
But the moment he comes back and has even a half decent game he will get called up by Lancaster, be unavailable to the club at risk of injury to no benefit. Unlike many I believe in country first but Cockerill would be mad to expose Manu to an early return. Even if he wasn’t to be called up by England, throwing newly recovered players straight back into the fray before they are really ready shows a disregard for their wellbeing. I agree with Sapajo and TomV.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Manu's return will be dictated by what Leicester need and not England. If we are going well without him then he will be given more time even if fit to play. If he is not fit then he won't play, simple as that.
Cheery chappy
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

I wouldn't be surprised to see him called up irrespective of what Tigers decide to do.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

drc_007 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see him called up irrespective of what Tigers decide to do.
He should throw a sicky :smt002
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

drc_007 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see him called up irrespective of what Tigers decide to do.
I don't think so. Cockers seems to have quite a good relationship with SLancaster.
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

Hinckley Bob wrote:
I don't think so. Cockers seems to have quite a good relationship with SLancaster.
Where've you heard that from? Everything that I've come across implies that Slancaster has, on several occasions, failed to release players who were considered unfit to Leicester physios, and has on occasion selected players before their expected return from injury for club, and sent them back crocked. The England set-up in general does not have a particularly good reputation in Leicester in this regard at all, unless you've heard something of note that I have missed?
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Where've you heard that from? Everything that I've come across implies that Slancaster has, on several occasions, failed to release players who were considered unfit to Leicester physios, and has on occasion selected players before their expected return from injury for club, and sent them back crocked. The England set-up in general does not have a particularly good reputation in Leicester in this regard at all, unless you've heard something of note that I have missed?
I believe everything negative that I have ever come across has been only on this message board and often appears to be little more than unfounded rumours. Only those in the loop know the truth and when dealing with players who have been out injured and are desperate to resume playing things are not always as clear cut as they may appear on the surface.
Cheery chappy
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

Cockers has given several interviews with the Mercury and others for several seasons on this subject. Clearly some of it is going to be over-dramatised, especially if you're taking it straight off here, but if you're going to believe all the PR horse.... from Lancaster about good relations with clubs, then you may as well believe some faceless nobody writing some comment on some forum for all the good it'll do.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

I don't beleive anyone youngtiger, people play the PR game for their own ends IMO but I do not target others for abuse without foundation. Sometimes players get injured and players returning from injury are always vulnerable. Too much also goes on behind the scenes in training and squad rotation pressure's to make assumptions. Players also make mistakes in their eagerness to return from injury, they want to play and they don't want to lose their places. I've known players who's international careers have stopped because another player has taken their spot whilst they were out injured. It's not always as clear as it may seem. Some doctors, physio's and managers are better than others but there is an awaful lot more to it than simply pointing fingers in their direction.
Cheery chappy
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

The Boy Dave wrote:I don't believe anyone No one? How do you believe anything then? youngtiger, people play the PR game for their own ends IMO but I do not target others for abuse without foundation I haven't abused anyone in any way. I've said that there have been implications within interviews with Cockers (to be found in major newspaper outlets near you) that he has been somewhat displeased with staff working for RFU. I'm arguing they have a not-so-great relationship, not apportioning blame, as I have no idea whether Cockers is being fair, truthful or otherwise. Sometimes players get injured and players returning from injury are always vulnerable. Too much also goes on behind the scenes in training and squad rotation pressures to make assumptions. Players also make mistakes in their eagerness to return from injury, they want to play and they don't want to lose their places Players in the professional era no longer have control over their recovery period apart from their willingness to work and do the rehab they're told to. Any doctor/physio that would pass a player that isn't fit (By this I don't mean players who are just about recovered from their injury but not overall lacking in that added "vulnerability" you referred to earlier) then they're either negligent, incompetent, or both. . I've known players whose international careers have stopped because another player has taken their spot whilst they were out injured. It's not always as clear as it may seem. Some doctors, physios and managers are better than others but there is an awful lot more to it than simply pointing fingers in their direction. Just to repeat in case I haven't yet made it clear, I'm NOT actually apportioning blame, that's not what I meant at all as I can't possibly know the ins and outs of the various cases. I was simply drawing attention to the notion that Cockers has implied on several occasions that he has been dissatisfied with Lancaster and Lancaster's staff, and given that he was willing to make those comments in the public media, it does imply that Cockers doesn't in fact have a great relationship with Lancaster, as Hinckley Bob suggested.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

However, what truly amazed me was the gate: 20,000+ for a dead rubber in a second rate competition. Bet the rest of the clubs look at this and go green with envy!
Sorry - but I have to comment on this. From my view on the spacious the terrace looking at a half full GNC stand there I would guess the ground was maybe 50% capacity. 20,600 may have been tickets sold inkling nearly 15,000 season tickets, but it would be fascinating to know numbers through the turnstiles for the Bath game as it was nowhere near 21,000.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

They never give that figure out Mr P many of us on here have looked/asked/begged for Tigers to release the actual attendance but got nowhere! IMHO about half full is a fair quess for Fridays game!