Atmosphere in Goldsmiths

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

StaffordTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Atmosphere in Goldsmiths

Post by StaffordTiger »

Hi there one and all, just a quick question regarding the Goldsmiths stand. Is it generally a good place to sit? Me and the mrs have changed our season tickets seats to here from the GNC as we agree it lacks the atmosphere and generally friendliness you expect at Welford Road.
SilebyTiger

Re: Atmosphere in Goldsmiths

Post by SilebyTiger »

If you want a decent atmosphere then you need to get on the terrace or the old Crumbie.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

I agree the Crumbie is the best for atmoshere,certain parts of the GNC are ok but from past experience the Goldsmiths can be like a library!
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Why would you want to sit at the end of the pitch? Given seats in that stand for a Matchday Experience and not at all impressed.
I sit in GNC and the crowd around me are very friendly and I have made many new friends.
Give blood, play rugby!!
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Years ago, well 1997 actually, when I moved to Clipston, Mr Kimble lent me his season ticket and I came along for a match and sat in the Crumbie. Atmosphere was great, seats rubbish : narrow, hard, no leg room.
I have stood on the terrace and that is probably the most fun: unfortunately my rubbish back won't let me stand up for two hours now though.
I have also sat on numerous occasions in the now-GNC stand which, personally, I find completely flat. It's also where you will find continuous chatter as the kickers prepare themselves........
Having finally splashed out on a season after 17 years of variable attendance, I am very happy in the top back row of the Goldsmiths behind the goalposts. You can see everything unfolding, can tell the players which way they should be going (the :censored: never do what I tell 'em sadly), and the only disadvantage is that if there is a lot of play down the Clubhouse end, you need a pair of bins to see what's going on. Other than that, I love it in the Goldsmiths: neighbours are good and quite noisy.
The Clubhouse is the worst of the four sides though and was also where I hosted 2 guests from Lehman Bros for the game v Wasps in 2008 a month before Lehman went bust !!!! J. Staunton Esq kicked 23 of their 28 points. Guess this makes me a bit of a Jonah!!
Come the Goldsmiths : we'd love to have ya!!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I sit in the Goldsmith stand and I have found a great ambiance. We often have away supporters sitting in front of us and the banter is often very funny, yet
the Tigers fans who sit there can easily drown out their chanting. I've sat in
the Goldsmith stand for the last nine years having moved from the Crumbie. Now I wouldn't sit anywhere else.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Best atmosphere and banter always on the terrace IMHO!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I used to be a terrace dweller, sadly with health issues I can't stand for 2 hours now, let alone the 4+ hours I used to do to be sure of getting a barrier spot. I have sat in the Goldsmiths and the Crumbie on occasions, Crumbie is good atmosphere but uncomfortable, I found the Goldsmiths okay for atmosphere, only annoyance is people coming and going getting drinks and going to the loo all the time.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Agree with Rizzo about drinks and loo, I sit on the back row Row Y and we have already dubbed Row M the weak bladder row.
ancientmariner

Post by ancientmariner »

We've been in the Goldsmiths since the stand was built - and I always try to get an end-of-the-ground ticket when Tigers go away. My only complaint is that there are a number of people who stand up when Tigers approach the try line at that end, completely oblivious to the fact that they're blocking the view of those behind..
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I am sure there are some wonderful people who sit in the Goldsmiths.

But not as wonderful as those who sit (or stand - there are none behind us!) on the half way line on the back row of the Crumbie!!

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Still keeping the faith!
StaffordTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by StaffordTiger »

Cheers guys, I think we've made the right decision to move. It's a bit soulless in our part of the GNC at the best of times.
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

wardy wrote:Why would you want to sit at the end of the pitch?
It's subjective really, we've enjoyed sitting at either end over the years where you get the best view for running lines, defence lines and how the ball is shipped wing to wing. Plus of course the try action!

Great atmosphere's are had in all stands, some (particularly the GNC) have voids in between the livelier sections, but certainly where we sit in the GNC the atmosphere is really good.