Tigers v Quinns teamsheet

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Quinns teamsheet

Post by Bill W (2) »

The Boy Dave wrote:Hopefully no-one hurt as a result of the storm!
Hopefully?????

I do not think you are understanding H&S legislation.

The storm was entirely forseeable and predictable and the scaffolding should have remained intact and the hoardings should not have blown across the pitch.

Likely someone was either individually or corporately criminally negligent!
Still keeping the faith!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

The Boy Dave wrote:Oh dear talk about sore losers!
How anyone can be held to account in that storm is beyond me, it was ferocious.
Match abandoned with enough time played for the result to stand, Quins win and deservedly so.
Hopefully no-one hurt as a result of the storm!
Storm ? So every time a Storm occurs you would be happy to be injured or killed by flying scaffolding and/or advertising hoardings? The point you have clearly missed is this would not happen if they were correctly erected and fastened.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

sapajo wrote: Storm ? So every time a Storm occurs you would be happy to be injured or killed by flying scaffolding and/or advertising hoardings? The point you have clearly missed is this would not happen if they were correctly erected and fastened.
You and I are clearly of like mind!

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Bill W (2) wrote:
sapajo wrote: Storm ? So every time a Storm occurs you would be happy to be injured or killed by flying scaffolding and/or advertising hoardings? The point you have clearly missed is this would not happen if they were correctly erected and fastened.
You and I are clearly of like mind!

:smt023
Indeed Bill :smt023
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

jgriffin wrote:Tigers are in a terrible state, and nowhere near out of it yet, when will some fans get it into their heads, it's not the coaching - it's the fact that we have had legions of wounded, including key players like Parling and Manu, and we haven't been able to field a settled team two weeks running. Today we have Mele injured and how many went off injured vs Ulster.
Are we really that badly off? You say we have key players missing - agreed. But does a second row of Kitchener/Slater really miss Parling that much? Agreed the centre misses Manu but with AA and perhaps Bowden are we really that worse off? I acknowledge that we are not at full strength but the players we bring in could possibly be the first team selection of other teams in the AP. In my view we are under performing and that comes down to either the players or the coaching and in truth I'm not sure where the problem is. I would have thought that Geordan would have have a greater impact in the backs play but again how does that fit in with RC's plan? There is no easy answer - all I know is that we are under performing? :smt022
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

It was a freak storm and the game was abandoned to ensure no one was injured as a result, player or fan. Whilst I would have liked for the game to be finished and for us to have made a comeback I think it was probably the correct decision, I think people are being way to harsh on Quins. Whether or not the result will stand or should stand is a different discussion and a draw or replay would probably be the fairest call, although i don't think a replay is desirable for us as it is an extra game and more chance of injury.
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

midweek evening replay at Welford road !
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kingol22 wrote:It was a freak storm and the game was abandoned to ensure no one was injured as a result, player or fan. Whilst I would have liked for the game to be finished and for us to have made a comeback I think it was probably the correct decision, I think people are being way to harsh on Quins. Whether or not the result will stand or should stand is a different discussion and a draw or replay would probably be the fairest call, although i don't think a replay is desirable for us as it is an extra game and more chance of injury.
Given the failure of the scaffolding and hoardings cancellation of the game was undoubtebly the correct decision.

How the result of the game should be determined is a minor issue.

Critical issue is how the H&S risks were so badly and negligently not addressed.
Still keeping the faith!
os99

Post by os99 »

rocktop51 wrote:
jgriffin wrote:Tigers are in a terrible state, and nowhere near out of it yet, when will some fans get it into their heads, it's not the coaching - it's the fact that we have had legions of wounded, including key players like Parling and Manu, and we haven't been able to field a settled team two weeks running. Today we have Mele injured and how many went off injured vs Ulster.
Are we really that badly off? You say we have key players missing - agreed. But does a second row of Kitchener/Slater really miss Parling that much? Agreed the centre misses Manu but with AA and perhaps Bowden are we really that worse off? I acknowledge that we are not at full strength but the players we bring in could possibly be the first team selection of other teams in the AP. In my view we are under performing and that comes down to either the players or the coaching and in truth I'm not sure where the problem is. I would have thought that Geordan would have have a greater impact in the backs play but again how does that fit in with RC's plan? There is no easy answer - all I know is that we are under performing? :smt022
I think the biggest problem is continuity, in key positions players haven't played together consistently. Also without Tuilagi, Tigers lack the ability to get over the gain line and create momentum.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Some people need to get a life, what next, stadium closure for tripping down the crumbie steps because the wind blew you!
Cheery chappy
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Bill W (2) wrote:
kingol22 wrote:It was a freak storm and the game was abandoned to ensure no one was injured as a result, player or fan. Whilst I would have liked for the game to be finished and for us to have made a comeback I think it was probably the correct decision, I think people are being way to harsh on Quins. Whether or not the result will stand or should stand is a different discussion and a draw or replay would probably be the fairest call, although i don't think a replay is desirable for us as it is an extra game and more chance of injury.
Given the failure of the scaffolding and hoardings cancellation of the game was undoubtebly the correct decision.

Critical issue is how the H&S risks were so badly and negligently not addressed.
Things break in high winds, all this H&S stuff is rubbish imo. Just because something goes wrong does not mean people need to be fined and prosecuted as you have suggested. All of this talk just makes tigers fans look like bad losers and frankly petty.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

rocktop51 wrote:
I agree with you in the sense that Kitch and Slater are clearly very good players and our squad is strong enough to carry us through this period. However players like Manu, Croft and Parling are three of our best players and have won us games by themselves in recent times. Take the Quins semi last year. Croft made an incredible try saving tackle on Care when the game was still tight and scored a solo 60m try and Manu basically created Morris's try by himself. Parling is one of the best locks in Europe if not the world and calls our line outs which is one of the strongest in Europe. You have to also take into account that it is very difficult to play fluent rugby when you consistently lose your best players. Worryingly we were clearly resting Mele so that he would be fully fit for the tough 6 nations period without YBY, in his first start in a while he got injured today. There isn't a team in England, if not the world that would be able to handle the injurys we have had and still be performing at close to their best level.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

The Boy Dave wrote:Some people need to get a life, what next, stadium closure for tripping down the crumbie steps because the wind blew you!
As one who "lives" on the top row of the Crumbie and who recieves help to ascend the steps from his friends, undoubtedly the Crumbie would fail current H&S standards. But it will not collapse in a wind, nor will the billboards be blown across the pitch!

If I fall over it is (largely) my fault. If a lump of scoffolding or haording hits me it is not my fault!

Get a life? Falling scaffolding and hoardings risk life!
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kingol22 wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:[

Things break in high winds, all this H&S stuff is rubbish imo. Just because something goes wrong does not mean people need to be fined and prosecuted as you have suggested. All of this talk just makes tigers fans look like bad losers and frankly petty.

The scaffolding and hoardings failure did not discriminate against Tigers fans

They were a public Health and Safety Failure.

And IMHO should be prosecuted as such.
Still keeping the faith!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I am astonished that some posters believe that expressing concern over any failure to ensure the safety of players and supporters is seen as being bad losers? Thankfully no one was injured but it could have been a tragic outcome.

The game was not abandoned due to a storm or freak weather, the fact is that
it was abandoned because building materials and advertising hoardings detached and entered onto the pitch. Health and Safety is important to all spectators and players it exists to protect us all.