Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Clermont travel?

Post by Noddy555 »

Now the quarterfinal has been fixed for an early evening kick off on Saturday
the 5th of April can john griffin let me know asap travel details by coach & train to [email protected] thanks john in anticipation.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Noddy555 wrote:Now the quarterfinal has been fixed for an early evening kick off on Saturday
the 5th of April can john griffin let me know asap travel details by coach & train to [email protected] thanks john in anticipation.
Not a good idea to put email on here noddy.

If you look further down the forum list you'll find the details you crave.......it's the thread cunningly disguised as l.t.a.s.c. trips to clermont :smt005 :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

3 of us booked up, going Eurostar and staying at the Hotel Lafayette. Anyone else staying there?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
publandlord
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by publandlord »

TigerCam wrote:3 of us booked up, going Eurostar and staying at the Hotel Lafayette. Anyone else staying there?
Stayed there last time we played Clermont, not to bad, handy for ground/rail/centre etc, but remember the breakfast being pretty ordinary, looking out over the car park! I think we met you and your friend Bob at the Hotel Continental Treviso a few years back, maybe even shared a taxi from the airport ? Anyway, this time we're trying the new Mercure in the centre, we have good experiences of this chain. Maybe see you over there if I can remember what you both look like (sure the wife will, as she has the memory of an elephant), we're driving down on the Friday.
Willie

Post by Willie »

Hi, new to the forum but have been a ST holder for 9 years, I am interested in going to the Clermont game and if possible would like a lift if anyone has a spare seat, willing to share costs obviously. Live in Essex are
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Thanks for your advice Whitecap but I'm not afraid to reveal my real identity on the forum. My computer is well protected against viruses and bugs and as for any
trolls that wish to email me they get put straight into my junk box and zapped by me the next time I log on.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

publandlord wrote:
TigerCam wrote:3 of us booked up, going Eurostar and staying at the Hotel Lafayette. Anyone else staying there?
Stayed there last time we played Clermont, not to bad, handy for ground/rail/centre etc, but remember the breakfast being pretty ordinary, looking out over the car park! I think we met you and your friend Bob at the Hotel Continental Treviso a few years back, maybe even shared a taxi from the airport ? Anyway, this time we're trying the new Mercure in the centre, we have good experiences of this chain. Maybe see you over there if I can remember what you both look like (sure the wife will, as she has the memory of an elephant), we're driving down on the Friday.
Yes, we met in Treviso and shared the taxi . Actually my mate was Jeff, he and another mate will be in Clermont. We should meet up for a beer? I nearly booked the Mercure instead of the Lafayette owing to a cockup on the Eurostar website. We aim to hit the ASM Supporters club on the Friday night.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
publandlord
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by publandlord »

TigerCam wrote:
publandlord wrote:
Yes, we met in Treviso and shared the taxi . Actually my mate was Jeff, he and another mate will be in Clermont. We should meet up for a beer? I nearly booked the Mercure instead of the Lafayette owing to a cockup on the Eurostar website. We aim to hit the ASM Supporters club on the Friday night.
Bob, Sorry I mixed you up with Jeff, but you did both have the same haircut ! Look forward to meeting up for a beer or two on Friday/Saturday.
piebaps
Tiger Cub

Post by piebaps »

myself and Mrs Baps are heading down on the Friday with Ryanair via Limoges. Staying at the Novotel Suite. Hope to see some of you there. :smt039
Pieus et bapus
animalnitrate
Tiger Cub

Post by animalnitrate »

If anyone wants to fly and hire a car I can recommend Buggs Car Hire who operate out of Limoges and Bergerac Airports both a 3 hour drive from Clermont. They are a British company I've used many times before. Unlike almost any other Car Hire company I know you don't need a credit card to hire a vehicle and their prices are very competitive. :smt023
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Animalnitrate - Thanks for the info re Buggs. You are right, they are very competitive - just saved £20 on the car I had originally booked.
Hehehehehehehehe
animalnitrate
Tiger Cub

Post by animalnitrate »

trendylfj wrote:Animalnitrate - Thanks for the info re Buggs. You are right, they are very competitive - just saved £20 on the car I had originally booked.
No problem - maybe i should ask them for commission :smt002
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Please email John Griffiths not John Griffin. they are two very different people. I'm the handsome one who is not involved in Tigers travels. :smt004
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

There are a couple of places left on a mini bus going from the Fox & Tiger in Blaby. Cost I believe is in the region £130 which includes all travel and 2 nights hotel stay. I'm not going myself as I have another engagement in Limerick. However the crowd going are very friendly a mixed crowd, males and females, couples and singles so no one will feel out of place if travelling alone and will be made feel very welcome. Absolutely no Cliques!!

Anyone interested PM me or just phone or call into the pub and ask for Ernie.

Anyone else travelling have a great trip, I'm sure you will, Clermont fans are a great Craic.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Bit of a situation building here, what if the teams do boycott the quarter finals, who's booked and paid? :smt017