Clermont travel?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Clermont travel?

Post by fortysix »

A pound to a penny that the flipchart is right and that Clermont v us is 3-40 UK time and Munster 6pm UK local time...no overlap.
animalnitrate
Tiger Cub

Post by animalnitrate »

Dates and kick-off times for the Quarter-Finals will be announced at noon on monday. http://www.ercrugby.com/heinekencup/new ... uKDstLFJIh
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Animainitrate. They have to give us 25% of the tickets, some 4000, we travel often and if you watch out for the announcement there is not normally a problem, although we are ST holders. Clermont is difficult to get to, i cannot imagine more than 4000 of us will be travelling, but hey who knows for sure, we have already booked everything up, if worse comes to worst you can always find a bar and watch it on TV. :smt030 :smt035

Ps do you not have any mates who are ticket holders, if so you could get them to buy for you first before they go on general sale.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

animalnitrate wrote:I want to book a flight!! It'll be my first away game out of the UK. I'm not a season ticket holder(or member). Do you think our full ticket quota will go before tickets go on general sale? Or should I wait to get the ticket before I book flights?

May be dangerous to book flight but you'll be sure of a good time when you get there - don't you know anyone who is a season ticket holder who isn't going who could get you a ticket - as an alternative you could ring Clermont ticket line and get one from them as soon as they go on sale over there - here is the number - Tickets: +33 4 73 30 20 73. Hope your French is good - best of luck
Hehehehehehehehe
terracetiger
Tiger Cub

Post by terracetiger »

Animalnitrate, Contact me if stuck for a ticket. Might be able to help you out? :smt002
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Loco 2 is a newish website which will work out trains from anywhere in the UK to Clermont with prices. About £220 return.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Can't honestly see a problem with tickets. I believe last year we took approx 1,000 supporters to Toulon so no issue if Clermont have reserved us 4,000!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Fixture dates and times to be announced at 12-00pm on Monday
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Heineken Quarter Final v Clermont Auvergne has just been confirmed as a 5pm (local time) kick off on saturday 5th April.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
terracetiger
Tiger Cub

Post by terracetiger »

Good kick off time. :smt023
Plenty of time for the atmosphere to build! :smt041 :smt030
Toulon match late afternoon Sunday.... so time to get down for that one as well! :smt048 :smt037
piebaps
Tiger Cub

Post by piebaps »

fortysix wrote:A pound to a penny that the flipchart is right and that Clermont v us is 3-40 UK time and Munster 6pm UK local time...no overlap.
Hope you didn't bet too much :smt003
Pieus et bapus
terracetiger
Tiger Cub

Post by terracetiger »

Any new when Tigers will release tickets for sale? :smt017
Dominichi
Tiger Cub

Post by Dominichi »

Greenwhiteandred wrote:Anyone would think I was personally respsonsible for the article! Just reporting what I read from I believed was a reputable source. And yes I guess 4.40 kick off on Sunday is local time - I too am not a mind reader but it am able to draw a logical conclusion based on the information that is available to me. Anyway as previously indicated this is likely to be spurious information and hopefully we are kicking off at 7pm local time on Saturday.
You are right - I remember reading the same thing in the Telegraph - it had published a week ago that the game in Clermont was to be at 4:40pm on the Sunday. Clearly an error that they've now removed!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

terracetiger wrote:Any new when Tigers will release tickets for sale? :smt017
Try reading this.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

The general advice in Clermont about hôtels is that you should pick one in the city centre near Place de Jaude and then take the tramway to the stadium. You may alternatively stay Avenue de la République, which leads to the stadium.

Here's a excerpt from their forum :

"Mercure 4 étoiles en plein centre ville
Hotel Flore 5 étoiles à Royat (où l'équipe de Leicester est venue les 2 fois précédentes)
Les deux 3 étoiles en centre aussi (boulevard F.Mitterrand et avenue Bonnabaud)
Un autre 3 étoiles Place dellile
Hôtel République 2 étoiles Avenue de la République"

Of know : the Leicester crew stayed in Royat at the Hôtel Flore on previous occasions.
You have two "three stars" (more than acceptable standards) on boulevard F Mitterrand and avenue Bonnabaud.

Unfortunately I never experienced one of these hotels myself, so I can't but give you advice that was given to me. As previously said I go to the Novotel in Brezet, but have to find a taxi back after the game.
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans