Well done to Ulster!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Well done to Ulster!

Post by Bill W (2) »

An excellent game that you narrowly won! Well done!

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Well done to Ulster!

Post by sapajo »

Indeed congratulations on a hard won victory.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I agree. They were alert and active and played Owens well. Pienaar's try was well taken because they play heads up rugby.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
snipewatson

Post by snipewatson »

Was a great match and what I’ve heard from guys who were lucky enough to be over at the game it was a great occasion. Nice to see the old fashioned tradition of silence for the kicker observed. Cockers showed some class in defeat too.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

snipewatson wrote:Was a great match and what I’ve heard from guys who were lucky enough to be over at the game it was a great occasion. Nice to see the old fashioned tradition of silence for the kicker observed. Cockers showed some class in defeat too.
Your guys who were over did you proud! I sat with three of them, indeed one was on one of my season tickets!

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Still keeping the faith!
snipewatson

Post by snipewatson »

Bill W (2) wrote:
snipewatson wrote:Was a great match and what I’ve heard from guys who were lucky enough to be over at the game it was a great occasion. Nice to see the old fashioned tradition of silence for the kicker observed. Cockers showed some class in defeat too.
Your guys who were over did you proud! I sat with three of them, indeed one was on one of my season tickets!

Wasn't Baggy was it?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

snipewatson wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:

Wasn't Baggy was it?

Er = no!! Was Terry!! Very long story about those of us who "own" the seats at the back of the Crumbie on the half way line.
Still keeping the faith!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

The guys on the terrace sang their hearts out and good, lively banter was exchanged. Both sets of supporters made for a good atmosphere
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Excellent game, atmosphere and banter all round.

Must admit, was finally good to get the welford road atmosphere back after a few back to back lackluster games.

I cannot understand the 'touchjudges' though - they missed a heap, for both sides - but they definitely clouded over a good first half from the Tigers with two penalties from two obviously squint lineouts.

Thought the Tigers scrum was exceptional again yesterday. Not disappointed to have lost, a sign of a great game that :smt003

p.s. Does anyone have a spare voice? Got none this morning...
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Brilliant game worthy of a final and injuries!

Post by Ian Cant »

A fantastic game and the fans created one of the best atmospheres there has been for ages. Well done Ulster but :smt038 I was really proud of Tigers as I can't think of many teams who would have performed so well with key players injured. Then, just as Crane looked back to his best, he got injured: Tait very secure under high ball, gets injured, Kitchener superb and a threat to the Ulster defence, gets injured! All by half time, although Kitch tried to play second half!! Should we have some players back for April we could surprise whoever we play away. Well done Sarries too for doing the job and joining us in the 1/4s.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

longlivethecrumbie wrote:The guys on the terrace sang their hearts out and good, lively banter was exchanged. Both sets of supporters made for a good atmosphere
The Ulster fans stayed on the terrraces by the dugouts for an hour after the final whistle and were in good voice.

Well done to Ulster!!

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Northeast Tiger

Post by Northeast Tiger »

Well done Ulster. A great never say die attitude last night. This could be your year. A question I have always wanted to ask,I wonder how many of the Northern Irish born players would rather play for England rather than Ireland as there political loyalties are with the mainland?
Anyway good luck against Saffa's and it would be nice to meet you in the final. :smt030
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

Absolutely fantastic support, and very gracious in victory, an absolute pleasure last night.
Love the "we use to be s***e but now we're alright" song!!!
stonebob
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by stonebob »

great match well done to both teams ..nice to see no whinging about the ref ..both teams knew what you get with owens..
Northeast Tiger

Post by Northeast Tiger »

stonebob wrote:great match well done to both teams ..nice to see no whinging about the ref ..both teams knew what you get with owens..
I agree Stonebob. The result was nothing to do with the Referee. I like Owens' he has a good rapport with the players and I liked his comment to a raucous Anthony Allen. " The Football stadium is 100 yards that way" Top stuff.