Supporting other premiership teams

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Supporting other premiership teams

Post by chinnjamie »

I was just thinking about how much I hope Saracens get hammered by Toulouse today, but I honestly think they are the only English team I love to watch lose whoever the opposition, where as in Europe I will generally support all the other English teams unless the result affects Tigers and their potential fixtures.
I was just curious how everyone else thought about other English teams in Europe ????
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Supporting other premiership teams

Post by Maidman »

As a family living almost half way between Leicester and Northampton, we have family members that supports Saints, so I do have a soft spot for Saints.

Sarries are without doubt my least favourite premiership team, and I know what you mean, it always feels rather nice when they loose.

It would be good for English teams to do well, show them all what they might be missing next year!
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

I will always support the English sides in Europe on a passive basis, but sadly with one exception - Saracens. I respect the team but just can't relate to their off field behaviour. Oh and I forgot the Borthwick factor, the man never stops whinging!
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Tyzot wrote:I will always support the English sides in Europe on a passive basis, but sadly with one exception - Saracens. I respect the team but just can't relate to their off field behaviour. Oh and I forgot the Borthwick factor, the man never stops whinging!
I have to agree. I respect Northampton, Quins and Exeter but not Saracens. It's not just because Saracens are a good team but because of the way they conduct themselves. The wolf pack, something special, rented fans, countless interviews where they tell everyone how humble they are, fat lady singing and that god damn stand up for the Saracens. To be honest, the best thing about watching them play is playing the Farrell drinking game. When Barnes tells you Farrell will convert this easily, have a drink, when he misses, have two. If you hear about his 'big game mentality', have a drink. I can assure you it makes the game a lot more interesting.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

chinnjamie wrote:I was just thinking about how much I hope Saracens get hammered by Toulouse today
No Hammering but your wish came true,losing 21-11 :smt002
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

Remember folks ................... STAN DUP n(who-he?)
There's something speshul happening at Sarries :smt044

(BTW has the vomiting smilie been removed - it would have been perfect at the end of the above?)
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

i always like to see sarries and gloucester lose. never liked them much
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I do vaguely support English teams in Europe but truthfully speaking if Tigers have nothing at stake in the result I just want to see some spectacular tries, the kind you only really get when a team of superstar mercenaries are having a good day. Sarries could up sticks and go become a beach volleyball team for all I care.
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

I would support all English clubs in Europe with the exception of one. And it would be interesting to see if anyone has the guts to admit on here to supporting Saracens in Europe.
Last edited by Nailsworthstiger on Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Will support any English with the exception of Sarries. I can't stand them...