Thomas the Tank off to Exeter confirmed in Transfer thread

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Thomas the Tank

Post by Noddy555 »

If TTE does go let's try Steve Mafi at No. 8 for a while. He's big,strong and most importantly for a no. 8 he's mobile. We are blessed with good Flankers, Salvi, Gibson, Matera and Croft when he's fit again. Somebody in Senior Tigers Management needs to get hold of May the home secretary & throttle her if she won't grant Steve's wife and child (if he/she needs one) a visa. We can't afford
to lose great players of quality through the petty shenanigans of a minor bureaucrat.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Is there still an issue with there Visa's I thought it was sorted.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

No Raging Bull I have been given to believe that she has still problems with visas. Apparently she can only get a visitor's visa which last for a period of 3 months and then when she leaves she has to wait 6 months to apply for another.
Steve of course doesn't have any problems as he is on a workplace visa.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

I had wondered what was going to happen with Matera. Had a breakout season with Argentina, but we haven't seen too much of him in a Tigers shirt as yet. Wasn't the deal only short term with us, so will we see it extended to next season?
6: Croft, Mafi
7: Salvi, Gibson
8: Crane, (Pearce?)
Is there space for Matera, would we carry 7 back row? If Gibson or Mafi were 8's, maybe Matera would be in and would be the man to replace the (rumoured) departing Waldrom?
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote:I had wondered what was going to happen with Matera. Had a breakout season with Argentina, but we haven't seen too much of him in a Tigers shirt as yet. Wasn't the deal only short term with us, so will we see it extended to next season?
6: Croft, Mafi
7: Salvi, Gibson
8: Crane, (Pearce?)
Is there space for Matera, would we carry 7 back row? If Gibson or Mafi were 8's, maybe Matera would be in and would be the man to replace the (rumoured) departing Waldrom?
We're currently holding:

6. Mafi, Croft, Gibson
7. Salvi, Matera
8. Crane, Waldrom, Noone.

If Waldrom and Noone drop out there and only Pearce comes in then there's some room there.

He isn't registered for the HEC so I assume we'll see more of him in matches against the likes of Worcester/Newcastle and the LV matches to give him a chance to show what he's got (which is an awful lot).

It is, however, encouraging that he hasn't been linked with a move away (perhaps his initial contract was more than a year).
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Agree in principle, however, is Matera not injury dispensation for Croft, so once Tom returns over the summer, will the funds be there to retain Matera.
I'd like to see that back row pool you mention next year, if we can keep them all.
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote:Agree in principle, however, is Matera not injury dispensation for Croft, so once Tom returns over the summer, will the funds be there to retain Matera.
I get the impression that Matera was signed under the injury dispensation allowance with a view to him re-signing a full contract at the end of the season. We've supposedly filled a £400,000 cap between him, Camacho, Hepetema and Scully, so I'm hoping we put the effort in to beat off the French challengers for his signature for more than just 7 months.

Personally I see him as the long-term replacement to Salvi though he can play across the back row, especially as Gibson continues to strike me as a player in the Croft mould and not really a 7.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

The tank another mistreated tiger??

Post by baz1664 »

A top bloke with a tigers heart who I think should have been given far more game time this season, such a disappointment to see he is leaving, especially to an English club!!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: The tank another mistreated tiger??

Post by Bill W (2) »

baz1664 wrote:A top bloke with a tigers heart who I think should have been given far more game time this season, such a disappointment to see he is leaving, especially to an English club!!
I think Cockers has managed him and Crane sensibly.

I wish him well with Exeter.
Still keeping the faith!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Thomas the Tank off to Exeter?

Post by sapajo »

Sadly, TTTE's appearances were numbered once he played in an England shirt, something that RC could not stomach. I think he will be a big loss he is an 8 with outstanding footwork and deceptive pace. I wish him well at Exeter and sincerely hope we sign another 8 with the X factor and not a journeyman.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Bill W (2) wrote: I think Cockers has managed him and Crane sensibly.

this both had strength in each other flaws, Hopefully Pierce gives us what Dickinson.

Sapajo what 8's with a known X factor are available ATM.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

RagingBull wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote: I think Cockers has managed him and Crane sensibly.

this both had strength in each other flaws, Hopefully Pierce gives us what Dickinson.

Sapajo what 8's with a known X factor are available ATM.
I do not know Raging Bull best ask that question to the club scout whose job it is to know :smt002
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Thomas the Tank off to Exeter?

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

play Mafi at 8 in the LV see how he goes there with a view to next season
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

youngtiger wrote:
FrontRowUnionMember wrote:
Personally I see him as the long-term replacement to Salvi .
Where does it say that the (as I see it) great find and Tiger heart Salvi is leaving?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Old Hob wrote:
youngtiger wrote:
FrontRowUnionMember wrote:
Personally I see him as the long-term replacement to Salvi .
Where does it say that the (as I see it) great find and Tiger heart Salvi is leaving?
Well he just might if some posters get there way and we play him at 8!

:smt003
Still keeping the faith!