Ant Allen

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Re: Ant Allen

Post by kornboy130 »

Noddy555 wrote:I take exception to Baggy Trousers comments about Anthony Allen under another heading. Of course we have every confidence in this player, he has played well in
his almost 4 years with the club, and started back with a bang in the 30 minutes he played during the second half of the Treviso game. I'm sure players read such comments on the forum and think why the hell should i play for this team.
Baggy Trousers should think long and hard before writing his posts, as it's not the first time his comments have been contentious. Perhaps he does it just to shock or satisfy some warped ego.
You realise Baggy Trousers is an Ulsterman right?
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

And he did get Ant mixed up with Ryan Lamb.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Noddy555 wrote:Sorry Dicky P that has yet to happen. We will see what Cockers thinks when he picks the team for this Saturday. Who knows, knowing Cockers he's probably had a chat to Ben about his form already.
The scrum half selection for this weekend is going to be more to do with Floods fitness than the form of Youngs. If Flood is fit enough to take the place kicks then Youngs will start, if he is not Mele will start.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

reported as re-signed 3 year deal
cheers
Rich
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Noddy555 wrote:Sorry Dicky P that has yet to happen. We will see what Cockers thinks when he picks the team for this Saturday. Who knows, knowing Cockers he's probably had a chat to Ben about his form already.
Not sure to which of my pearls of wisdom this refers?
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Rykard wrote:reported as re-signed 3 year deal

Reported where? :smt017
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

snoopster wrote:
tig1 wrote:England have an absolutely world class pack. Robshaw, Wood, Morgan, Vainapolas, Launchbury, Youngs, Parling....all capped and brought together by Lancaster.
Wood and Robshaw were capped before, Parling was uncapped but played for the Baa-Baas under MJ and Morgan rejected a call up under MJ.

Lancaster has brought in the players who weren't ready/ available under MJ.
Including the players who were too 'Young(s)' or Launchbury-ed for MJ's squad that he couldn't do more than tinker with under the agreements.....I think we have reason to believe that SL has NOT been as innovative as some believe. I didn't think a lot of MJ's selections, but I object to him being misrepresented unfairly - as the press , SL and some players do (with an eye on their selection, eh, Dylan? Cashton?).
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Hinckley Bob wrote:
Rykard wrote:reported as re-signed 3 year deal

Reported where? :smt017
Here
http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Antho ... story.html

Great news, hopefully he will be fit for the majority of those 3 years as well :smt003
tig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tig1 »

jgriffin wrote:
snoopster wrote:
tig1 wrote:England have an absolutely world class pack. Robshaw, Wood, Morgan, Vainapolas, Launchbury, Youngs, Parling....all capped and brought together by Lancaster.
Wood and Robshaw were capped before, Parling was uncapped but played for the Baa-Baas under MJ and Morgan rejected a call up under MJ.

Lancaster has brought in the players who weren't ready/ available under MJ.
Including the players who were too 'Young(s)' or Launchbury-ed for MJ's squad that he couldn't do more than tinker with under the agreements.....I think we have reason to believe that SL has NOT been as innovative as some believe. I didn't think a lot of MJ's selections, but I object to him being misrepresented unfairly - as the press , SL and some players do (with an eye on their selection, eh, Dylan? Cashton?).
Martin's appointment was like Kevin Keegan's for the soccer team. A legend of the game, who wants to help out, well meaning, and is appointed by misguided popularist choice.

Modern players are motivated by rugby coaching nerds. Coaches who have a long term passion to coach and develop players and develop teams. We have one at tigers in RC. England have four in Lancaster, Wig, Farell and Catt. The top of the premiership soccer is dominated by them...Mourinho, Wenger, Rodgers, Moyes, Martinez.

Martin has shown no interest in coaching either side of his England role. Players can see right through it after a while after the legend bit has worn off.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Today's Leicester Mercury says Ant has signed a new 3 year contract