Tigers vs Ulster - Teams up!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SilebyTiger

Re: Tigers vs Ulster

Post by SilebyTiger »

Ref for Saturday Mr. Owens has been involved in an accident on the M4 although he isn't badly injured. Let's hope he's fit for Saturday and we don't end up with an inferior Welsh referee.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

SilebyTiger wrote:Ref for Saturday Mr. Owens has been involved in an accident on the M4 although he isn't badly injured. Let's hope he's fit for Saturday and we don't end up with an inferior Welsh referee.
Agree hope he is not badly injured but if he is not fit bring on a random french ref that will really put the cat amongst the preverbial pidgeons.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ruckover

Post by ruckover »

Ulster fan coming in peace.

Just read the news about Owens, glad he's ok from a human perspective of course, hopefully he'll have a good game on Saturday.

As far as we go, I would bet a lot of money on Gilroy being fit, he got a bang to the nose but his concussion is minor and I would be very surprised if he didn't make the game. DeccyFitz is an unknown though, it was only announced today. If he doesn't make it then Ricky Lutton will be on the bench and that will give you a massive advantage in the scrum (although Afoa may play the full 80).

Here's to a good game, and some good banter with your great fans before the game :smt041
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

All Ulster fans are welcome. I have many friends in Northern Ireland some who may be at the game. They have a ready wit and I'm afraid some of their jokes I can't relate in mixed company. Welcome to Welford Road lads and remember whoever wins the other also qualifies.
FatherTed

Post by FatherTed »

On the Sat morning red eye and up for a bit of craic with you Tiger boys and girls this weekend. Where do you all congregate before the game?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

According to today's Leic Merc, Logo, Slater and Kitchener will be fit for saturday :smt026
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

sapajo wrote:According to today's Leic Merc, Logo, Slater and Kitchener will be fit for saturday :smt026
I assume you mean this.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

BJ. wrote:
sapajo wrote:According to today's Leic Merc, Logo, Slater and Kitchener will be fit for saturday :smt026
I assume you mean this.
I mean't precisely what I said BJ, thanks for inserting the link :smt023
Baggy Trousers

Post by Baggy Trousers »

drc_007 wrote:
Baggy Trousers wrote:I will probably regret this come Saturday night BUT, I'm amazed by the faith many of you display in Ant A.

Admittedly I no longer see much PRL rugby given the switch to BT, however I've always regarded him as highly flakey and at times a liability. Have I been watching the wrong man?
Perhaps you are confusing him with Lamb?
My apologies, that is exactly what I'm doing. :smt022
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Don't you shed all of your tears before Saturday night, Baggy!
pip14

Post by pip14 »

An Ulster fan here, that comes in peace.

Thoroughly looking forward to this game on Saturday between 2 fantastic teams. I've heard great things about the welford crowd and looking forward to having a few pints with some of you!

Couple of questions

1) Best bar near to the ground to warm up before the game
2) I'm standing on the terrace in front of the stand where the teams come out......is there a good view from it?
3) How long do you recommend we get to the ground before kickoff? For both a bit of Craic, and for getting onto the terrace to get a good standing spot?
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

pip14 wrote:An Ulster fan here, that comes in peace.

Thoroughly looking forward to this game on Saturday between 2 fantastic teams. I've heard great things about the welford crowd and looking forward to having a few pints with some of you!

Couple of questions

2) I'm standing on the terrace in front of the stand where the teams come out......is there a good view from it?
3) How long do you recommend we get to the ground before kickoff? For both a bit of Craic, and for getting onto the terrace to get a good standing spot?
1) Swan and Rushes
2) The teams come out through the terrace on your side - they don't come out of the GNC/Cat stand.

3)Can't help you - never been on the terrace.
Baggy Trousers

Post by Baggy Trousers »

pip14 wrote:An Ulster fan here, that comes in peace.

Couple of questions

Ah Pip, you'll have no problem finding where to stand, there are around 2000 Ulstermen on that terrace plus more throughout the ground. Plenty of booze in the ground as far as I recall from last time, I'm going early, assume there may be a TV or two with previous game on. :smt023
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

pip14 wrote:Couple of questions

I'd aim for at least half an hour before kick off, maybe even more, it will be heavin'.........enjoy.There's bars in the ground if you want.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Welcome Pip14 - we visited Belfast for Round 1 and had a great time (apart from the result)… welcome to Leicester. I would advise you to be there an hour before KO to get a good place on the terrace. Will definitely be busier than usual this time…

Sadly not many bars/pubs close to the ground… certainly not like a trip to Kingsholm. Infact, a bit like Ravenhill in many ways from what I encountered at your place. Swan and Rushes a good option as are other bars near New Walk.

FYI - After the game there is a band in the CAT/GNC (stand opposite where you will watch from). They are called Rock Bottom - bit 'cheese-tastic' but good banter and I'm sure they'll have a few Irish tunes lined up for your visit. At some point they will also unleash Elvis on you - possibly the worst (or best) tribute act in the world (depending on your viewpoint). Enjoy the trip!