Tigers vs Ulster - Teams up!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Tigers vs Ulster

Post by Tomvarndell »

The ground is far closer to the town centre than Ravenhill is mind. Any of the decent pubs from Belvior Street, Market Street, King Street or New Walk all only a five or ten mins walk for a normal person. The swan and rushes is even closer but not bang in the centre. Unfortunately Leicester City Centre is not as nice as Belfast in my humble opinion but the beer is different class. :smt002
Northeast Tiger

Post by Northeast Tiger »

Baggy Trousers wrote:I will probably regret this come Saturday night BUT, I'm amazed by the faith many of you display in Ant A.

Admittedly I no longer see much PRL rugby given the switch to BT, however I've always regarded him as highly flakey and at times a liability. Have I been watching the wrong man?

By the way, in case you are concerned that this is the start of a boring assault on your team, it's not, I've nothing to say in similar vein about any others.

That has probably guaranteed he will be magnificent. :smt013
Watch Ant and you will see he is like a mongoose latching on to a Cobra when he is defending.
The guy who annoys me most in world rugby is Tom Court. The man cheats at every scrum by standing up. He does not know how to push straight. I think you scored from penalties that the ref got wrong against us at Ravenhill. If he is playing on Saturday, if you do not do anything else just watch his line at scrum time !!! Cole was pleading with the ref to come to the tighthead side on our put ins to stop Court cheating. The other two exponents of the lets stand vertical, as the ball is put in is Tiny ex Northampton and now with Racing Metro and the great Munster player Peter Clohessy.He started his life as a Tighthead but moved to Loosehead. The 2002 final was remembered for the Hand of Back as he slapped the ball out of Mini Me's hand. I remember it for the amount of times Clohessey stood up against Darren Garforth in the scrum.
Let's hope for a great game and I for one would not mind losing this one, and going to the quarters away from home at Ravenhill and winning there. With Parling, Tuilagi and the other players injured ready for that match it would be a humdinger. Ulster are a great team and have a world class Scrumhalf but we are Tigers and a team capable of anything. :smt002
os99

Post by os99 »

sapajo wrote:According to today's Leic Merc, Logo, Slater and Kitchener will be fit for saturday :smt026
What about Tom Youngs?
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Admittedly I no longer see much PRL rugby given the switch to BT, however I've always regarded him as highly flakey and at times a liability. Have I been watching the wrong man?
I think you answered your own question - watch him week-in-week-out like the rest of us and you'll see what an important piece of the Tigers jigsaw the man is. For me at the moment there are 3-4 players who if injured greatly weaken our team and they are AA, Tom Youngs, Toby and Salvi.

Meanwhile, I assume Tom Youngs will be fit for Ulster - my understanding was he was rested last week….
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

Pip14 - there's always The Local Hero, roughly halfway between the two Leicester grounds. Takes about 5 minutes to get to the stadium.

The terraces get busy and it's a 'first come, first serve' basis. I've seen people queuing outside the turnstiles at 12 o'clock for a 3 pm kick off"
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

os99 wrote:
What about Tom Youngs?
crowson suggested that OTY should be fit.
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

[quote="pip14"]An Ulster fan here, that comes in peace.

Thoroughly looking forward to this game on Saturday between 2 fantastic teams. I've heard great things about the welford crowd and looking forward to having a few pints with some of you!

Couple of questions

1) Best bar near to the ground to warm up before the game
2) I'm standing on the terrace in front of the stand where the teams come out......is there a good view from it?
3) How long do you recommend we get to the ground before kickoff? For both a bit of Craic, and for getting onto the terrace to get a good standing spot?[/quot

We will be in the local hero from about 3 until 5 when its best to move into the ground(the ABC bar under the terrace is our watering hole)you will be made most welcome wherever you go.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Tried to spot if anyone had posted that Tommy Bowe is not fit, and will not play on Saturday!

Reported on Sky Sports.
Valhalla I am coming!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

fleabane wrote:Tried to spot if anyone had posted that Tommy Bowe is not fit, and will not play on Saturday!

Reported on Sky Sports.
:smt006 Page 6 of this thread fleabane :smt002 :smt003
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

MrPartridge wrote:
I sense there will an escape plan!
Show him this link for inspiration > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaFBFmJG-LI

Wish him better luck
If you see a dilapidated Honda arrive at the Clubhouse end in spectacular fashion...............that'll be us!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
TigerintheCatStand
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TigerintheCatStand »

By my calculations any win for Tigers (provided Ulster don't get two losing bonus points) guarantees us a home quarter final.

Same for Ulster - a win and guaranteed home QF.

Big big game!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

old one eye wrote:
pip14 wrote:An Ulster fan here, that comes in peace.

Thoroughly looking forward to this game on Saturday between 2 fantastic teams. I've heard great things about the welford crowd and looking forward to having a few pints with some of you!

Couple of questions

1) Best bar near to the ground to warm up before the game
2) I'm standing on the terrace in front of the stand where the teams come out......is there a good view from it?
3) How long do you recommend we get to the ground before kickoff? For both a bit of Craic, and for getting onto the terrace to get a good standing spot?[/quot

We will be in the local hero from about 3 until 5 when its best to move into the ground(the ABC bar under the terrace is our watering hole)you will be made most welcome wherever you go.
The view from the terrace is brilliant and you need to come in the gate 2 hrs before, at opening time, to have a chance of a good spot.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Hopefully win on Saturday then draw Munster at home in quarters which could be an even better occasion, followed my Leinster at the Crisp Bowl in the Semis and finally a reunion with Ulster in the final. Would be a perfect season providing we also get to beat Sarries in the Aviva final along the way. :smt045
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Tomvarndell wrote:Hopefully win on Saturday then draw Munster at home in quarters which could be an even better occasion, followed my Leinster at the Crisp Bowl in the Semis and finally a reunion with Ulster in the final. Would be a perfect season providing we also get to beat Sarries in the Aviva final along the way. :smt045
What have you got against the Irish? :smt002
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Baggy Trousers

Post by Baggy Trousers »

FatherTed wrote:On the Sat morning red eye and up for a bit of craic with you Tiger boys and girls this weekend. Where do you all congregate before the game?
Fadder, I don't pick on new boys as a rule, as well you might know from UAFC, but if you took the trouble to read the thread this has been discussed pretty well, look back a few pages is my advice & don't be making us Ulstermen look like thick bogtrotters :smt023

Furthermore I recommend that you get to the ground in good time & join the massed ranks of Ulster terrace-dwellers, plenty of ale to be supped in the ground.