Tigers vs Ulster - Teams up!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Ulster - Teams up!!

Post by mightymouse »

Yes I would prefer Loggo to Cole, Just as I would prefer Mele to Youngs, who is an England scrum half.(actually I would not have him as an England scrum half either)

Loggo is without doubt in my mind a more powerful scrumager, and a more powerful and effective ball carrier than Cole. It is true we may lose something at the break down but I think we have enough ball winners in the team currently, but we must have players who can get us over the gain line who can use the abundance of possesion we get and help us play some front foot rugby, instead of this stactic up and down the line stuff.

For evidence on scrummaging I would suggest you watch the videos of the last few matches where our tighthead side which remains static whilst out loose head moves forward - this is in direct contrast to when Loggo plays who rarely fails to move forward. The way the scrummage laws are currently - massive advantage can be gained with a dominant scrum, the penalty count can win matches for you.

As for Dan cole I suggest he adds more bulk and power rather than trying to be another flanker, he looks as if this was a deliberate effort to change body shape and I think it has been detrimental to his scrummaging.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

mightymouse wrote: As for Dan cole I suggest he adds more bulk and power rather than trying to be another flanker, he looks as if this was a deliberate effort to change body shape and I think it has been detrimental to his scrummaging.
Agreed, seems Dan Cole is physically starting to resemble Schuster and look just how far he has come since arriving. I guess its a trade off bulk and power vs speed and mobility. I believe we have not yet squared the circle and balanced the two.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Baggy Trousers

Post by Baggy Trousers »

I've said all I'm going to about the post regarding "unfairness" but I am back here today having left Leicester this morning and want to pass on my thanks & best wishes to Tigers fans I met by the score over the weekend.

My highlights:

Chatting to 4 veteran Tigers fans on the terrace for ages before KO.

Being remembered instantly by a Tigers fan I stood beside 2 years ago.

The incredibly generous response from all Tiger fans I spoke to after the game.

The wonderful night under the CAT stand when Tigers fans weren't crying in their beer but being incredibly sociable, enjoying the band and talking rugby and, like the Ulster fans, a fair bit of alcohol fuelled nonsense in great humour.

Meeting many more Tigers fans around the streets until the early hours and getting a great reception & congratulations from all, it almost felt as if I had scored all our points rather than Ruan.

Incredibly friendly and helpful van of policemen who steered us to several good spots & pulled up to chat with us a couple of hours later.

Yet more rounds of felicitations & good rugby chat whilst watching the Sunday games.

All in all, the best rugby weekend I have enjoyed in a long long time, obviously made for me by the result but if anything even more so by the wonderful reaction in defeat by the Tigers fans.

Many thanks to all, a proper rugby town & great people.
jacothelad

Post by jacothelad »

TomWeston wrote:
Darc Tiger wrote:I think you angered one Smudge... :smt002
And the text and its style are (very) similar to that of another post and poster here from Norn Iron, a poster who has had a few abusive posts censored, correctly so.

I wonder if our excellent mods check for or allow multiple identities?
If it's me to which you allude, I can assure you I am never abusive nor have ever had posts removed from any forum and I can also assure you that I, as a very long time Tigers supporter have actually been a member of this forum for years and re registered after losing my log in details. So your most excellent mods can check it out and perhaps also check your poor manners.