strange Montpellier team

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

strange Montpellier team

Post by trendylfj »

What sort of game are Montpellier going to try to play with 3 hookers in their matchday squad? Subs include 2 props - both loose heads - 2 hookers - Balchin and lvaldi and one flanker with 3 backs - Maybe they are intending to have scrum after scrum after scrum as their tactics. Not hopeful of their chances of helping us at all.
Hehehehehehehehe
Baggy Trousers

Re: strange Montpellier team

Post by Baggy Trousers »

13 of the team you played in Montpellier and struggled so badly to beat.

I expect us to slaughter them tonight with a return to the glory days of French capitulation once you take the lead. They have already stated at home that they have no ambitions remaining in Europe this season.

On the other hand, Ulster are fielding by far the strongest team we have played this season, Rory Best, Nick Williams, Ian Henderson, Chris Henry all returning over the last couple of weeks, captain Muller fit again.

Apart from Stevie Ferris, Tommy Bowe & our new young genius Stuart Olding we have a full team.

Nice training run tonight then down to business next week. By the way I expect both our teams to get 5 points this weekend. Treviso are hopeless this season, Zebre beat them last week.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Baggy Trousers wrote:13 of the team you played in Montpellier and struggled so badly to beat.

I expect us to slaughter them tonight with a return to the glory days of French capitulation once you take the lead. They have already stated at home that they have no ambitions remaining in Europe this season.

On the other hand, Ulster are fielding by far the strongest team we have played this season, Rory Best, Nick Williams, Ian Henderson, Chris Henry all returning over the last couple of weeks, captain Muller fit again.

Apart from Stevie Ferris, Tommy Bowe & our new young genius Stuart Olding we have a full team.

Nice training run tonight then down to business next week. By the way I expect both our teams to get 5 points this weekend. Treviso are hopeless this season, Zebre beat them last week.
We could really do without you being on top form with our injury list - it is really getting to be quite a joke.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

The last 20 mins of this game is taking forever. 27-16 to Ulster and 3 tries scored by them with 4 mins to go! Come Montpellier!
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

At last - about the 3rd knock on in the last 10 mins - and eventually Barnes gives one.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Baggy Trousers wrote:13 of the team you played in Montpellier and struggled so badly to beat.

Oh deary deary me... well at least one of us can still get 5 points this weekend :smt044 :smt026
os99

Post by os99 »

11 point win, that was some slaughtering!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Pride before the fail. Could be very significant that dropped point. Ulster weren't that good, but we all know they can be a lot better. Montpellier's awful defence of Ulster's kicking game cost them the vast majority of the points. Never seen a back 3 so clueless. Ulster should have got the 4th, but they just couldn't quite do it.

Fair play to Montpellier. They are a tough little side. Not of the best quality tonight, but they certainly didn't throw the white (French) flag up!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

os99 wrote:

11 point win, that was some slaughtering!
...and the capitulation? :smt019 :smt019 I can see this group being decided on bonus points; the one that we got at Ravenhill and the one that Ulster missed tonight. Having said that, there's still some rugby to be played...
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Crucial that we take advantage of the point dropped by taking all 5 points on offer in Treviso. Could prove crucial as providing we get the bonus point tomorrow all we have to do is win and make sure Ulster don't take 2 bonus points. Simple :smt003
Baggy Trousers

Post by Baggy Trousers »

Appalling performance from Ulster, far to many mistakes, missed 2 or 3 easy finishes, gave away penalties willy-nilly.

Just awful, the only compensation a win but way below the expected standard, need to lift the performance several notches next week.

Three & a half of our last 4 games have just not been good enough.
snipewatson

Post by snipewatson »

Montpellier just seemed to bring the biggest 23 blokes they could find.
A tantalising fixture next week. I fancy our chances, but then I would. Game on....