A vote of confidence in the moderators!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: A vote of confidence in the moderators!

Post by G.K »

L Smith wrote:I think the fact that the moderators have allowed YBH's diatribe in this thread is a real credit to them. Who was it that said, "I cannot disagree more with your opinion but I would die to protect your right to have one"?
Can't remember the name but he's dead now.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
snipewatson

Post by snipewatson »

Let me give you my view for what it's worth as a blow in.
I've been around a lot of boards and this is the only one I've stayed on.
It's well run well moderated. I've had posts removed, but that's fine. I used to get pinged for being offside when I played. Same thing really.
The UAFC board is a very different beast as tigerburnie can testify. The banter is rather more acerbic, quarter is seldom sought or given and language can be more 'industrial'.
If you join a club, you accept the rules. :smt023
lee

Post by lee »

Although only just registered on the forum, I have visited the forum most days for the last 4 or 5 years and reading most threads, I also am the owner /moderator of another forum( has absolutley nothing to do with rugby)but has around 1000 active members a week.

A well run forum needs very little moderating, A moderator only needs to get involved when a member posts anything that is defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene,raciest, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy or adult material.

There seems to be lots of grumbling on this forum of people having posts removed, either Tigers fans are the above or the moderators are a bit too quick to delete posts, I Do not Know as Once a post is deleted, only the original poster knows what was in it.

There seems to a few members personally willing to complain about the moderators, Remember the moderators Do not get paid and do the job for the Love of Leicester Tigers.............Which is surely what this forum is all about, there are far to many people come on here to complain about anything the club do.

Recent threads which I find confusing...
Games moved days/times.... Tigers preferred kick-off is 3pm saturday, Games are only moved because of A; Police advice due to football game and B; For tv schedule- without the millions that tv companies plough into the sport could tigers afford the best facilities to entice the best players?
Stewarding in the cat stand... Just because you are in a wheelchair does not mean you don't want to see the players warming up !
Cost of infant kit, It is still cheaper than a branded top from somewhere like superdry, if you don't like just don't buy.

This forum is for supporters of Leicester Tigers, Some of the posts make me wonder if some of you are actually Supporters.

And before anyone ask's "Where's the source of my information" Its my own opinion and if it wasn't, people shouldn't get hung up about where information comes from, just because someone in the rugby paper says something doesnt mean its the truth , The only truth is what the club release !

Why don't you all stop whinging and support both the club and the moderators
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Like with stewards at the ground, no moderators would mean no Forum!

Thanks for all your work, I also may have had the wrath of the moderators as I am passionate about the club and do sometimes overstep the mark!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!