Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

A vote of confidence in the moderators!

Post by Bill W (2) »

I would so propose!

But would invite BJ and YBH to oppose so as to avoiding clogging up other threads.
Still keeping the faith!
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: A vote of confidence in the moderators!

Post by old one eye »

I second that, they do an excellent job with very little thanks.

:smt038 :smt038 :smt038
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

+2
suttyprop
Tiger Cub

Post by suttyprop »

Include me thanks mods
5m pushover against the head!
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

+3
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

My two Tigers supporting Children and I both enjoy reading this forum, and we thnk that the moderators are very sensible, pragmatic, fair and professional. We appreciate your efforts, so a big thank you from us.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

+ me :smt041
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Ditto - great job done. Thank you.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Like refereeing a rugby match moderating is a thankless task, and just like a game of rugby this forum wouldn't exist without the mods. Quite often I think there should be a few yellow cards, and occasionally a red for some of the insulting posts on here, Disagreement is what a forum is about but best in the form of reasoned argument. Sadly that argument sometimes includes, or just exists as, name calling such as, 'You must be a moron if you think that.........' You wouldn't say that face to face or you'd wake up with a crowd of people looking down at you so why do it here?

Rizzo, Tigerbeat, send a few of them off to think about it for a few days and leave the forum to those who have a reasoned view point and the nouse to express it without stooping to insults. As for the WUMs, and they know who they are, and well, every silver lining has a cloud.

The mods certainly get my vote, and the club for running the forum even when the going gets tough. :smt023 I'd rather be with it than without it.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I concur, this board can get pretty tedious to wade through sometimes and the burden of editorial responsibility must be a heavy one to bare. The vast majority of us are very grateful.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Concur with this vote of confidence.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Ditto
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

They get my vote - great job all
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

A lot of you are completely unaware of the way that the moderators have behaved towards me and therefore do not understand why I criticise them.

A number of years ago one of my posts got removed apparently because it was 'offensive'. The post involved me criticising those who support, coach or praise those who cheat in sport.

How it is offensive to criticise cheating I do not know. I complained to the moderators on the basis that removing a post criticising cheating is highly offensive, immoral and as representatives of the club, the moderators misrepresent the club by acting in support of cheats. This was a perfectly reasonable complaint. Instead of reversing their actions and apologising, the moderators refused and when I complained again I received a ban from the forum for several days.

The actions by the moderators in banning someone for standing up against cheats is nothing short of disgraceful yet the moderators remain unapologetic.

This forum recently has been host to a number of 'Hitler videos' where a war film is retranslated with text relating to some scenario which is in the news. I find these to be highly offensive. Firstly the second World War is not something to make a joke out of, secondly these videos are highly offensive to millions of people who were affected by the Second World War including Jewish people, Germans and anyone who lost family members in those times. One particular video was posted by a moderator, this video mocked Leicester Tigers for missing out on hosting World Cup matches. As a representative of the club the moderators firstly should not be posting Hitler videos but also should not be posting videos mocking the club. When I complained about this, yet again I received a refusal to remove the posts.

Rizzo recently posted a response to one of my comments which contained a highly sarcastic comment. I do not expect the moderators to act in such a way. As representatives of the club on this forum, they should behave respectfully.

I find it to be disgraceful that when I find something offensive the moderators refuse to do anything about it yet when I post something which is morally correct, somehow it is deemed offensive and removed with me getting banned if I complain.

That is not the way to run a forum. The moderators also need to realise that whether they think they are or not, by being a moderator and using an official 'Tiger moderator' avatar, they act as club representatives on this forum. Therefore their actions are perceived by many to be endorsed by the club, thus by acting in the way that they have they misrepresent the club and risk damaging its reputation.

If the moderators refuse to apologise for their behaviour, I reserve the right to criticise them. The moderators can quote the 'house rules' as much as they like, but if they cannot follow those guidelines themselves then they cannot expect anyone else to follow them when responding to the moderators.

As for 'contacting the club if you have a complaint'. I should not have to contact the club to complain about the moderators. The moderators should behave responsibly themselves and have the decency to apologise when they do something wrong.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

I've had load's of post's removed. I admit I have done the odd naughty post but only cheeky naughty. :smt003
I have also removed or edited plenty of my own post's after reading them and thinking to myself "I have too much spare time, what a douche". :smt009
If you can't handle a bit of fun/sarcasm/banter especially on the internet then you need to lighten up. :smt024 :smt019
I have been put on my backside enough times to know that it is only a game! :smt023
Cheery chappy