Tigers v Treviso

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Tigers v Treviso

Post by tigerburnie »

I wonder what our thoughts are re this game and the consequences for the following week. We may have a couple of players back from injury, but we are still a bit thin in places. Other threads talk about our use of the bench, but dare we use them or do we keep to the tried and tested, pick the strongest side possible. We saw at Sorries what happens if you make wholesale changes, especially in the front row, where we were severly exposed. Logo coming back is vital I think and I don't recall seeing any news on when he is back.
We need to win away, but we also need to win the following week too, can we afford to give anyone a rest and put some key players on the bench?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Treviso

Post by sapajo »

tigerburnie wrote:I wonder what our thoughts are re this game and the consequences for the following week. We may have a couple of players back from injury, but we are still a bit thin in places. Other threads talk about our use of the bench, but dare we use them or do we keep to the tried and tested, pick the strongest side possible. We saw at Sorries what happens if you make wholesale changes, especially in the front row, where we were severly exposed. Logo coming back is vital I think and I don't recall seeing any news on when he is back.
We need to win away, but we also need to win the following week too, can we afford to give anyone a rest and put some key players on the bench?
on the

Regarding Logo coming back please see my latest post on the Comprehensive Injury List thread.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

This link might be helpful for anyone going to the match:

http://rugbygroundguide.com/treviso.html
Valhalla I am coming!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Don't think we should rest any players, it has to be our first choice team. Treviso are not a push over any more and if we are not on our game we could well lose.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I would like to see this team
1. Ayerza
2. Hawkins
3. Cole
4. Deacon
5. Kitchener(If Fit)/De Chaves
6. Matera(If Registered)/Gibson
7. Salvi
8. Waldrom
9. Mele
10. Williams
11. Benjamin
12. Allen
13. Goneva
14. Morris
15. Tait

16. Stankovich
17. Youngs
18. Balmain
19. De Chaves/Crane
20. Gibson
21. Harrison/Youngs
22. Lamb
23. Scully
os99

Post by os99 »

Is Flood injured?
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

os99 wrote:Is Flood injured?
No but i would save him for Ulster
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

He was obviously carrying an injury on Sunday & if not 100% shouldn't play at Treviso :smt023
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

A rumour on twitter that Mafi may be back in the country and training! Hope this is true but come too late for this weekend.......Ulster maybe?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

We must concentrate our efforts in fielding our strongest team against Treviso
and secure the 5 point bonus win. I've got a feeling that Ulster will do the same against Montpellier given that Rory Best has recovered from Injury. Let's worry about the Ulster match on Sunday.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

As I posted on the previous thread regarding this match, I noticed that Treviso lost to Zebre last weekend, might this be an easier match than we think, however we should not underestimate them and must go with the srongest team possible, we always seem to struggle there!
SilebyTiger

Post by SilebyTiger »

Treviso have scored 15 points in Europe in 4 games. 0 tries. We must aim for the full 5 points.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

I think putting out a weak team would be a mistake here. If by 60 minutes Treviso are as bad as they should be we can take them all off and rest them, but as we saw last year they can really test us. It would be silly to risk HC qualification on the premises of resting players.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

TigerLad wrote:I think putting out a weak team would be a mistake here. If by 60 minutes Treviso are as bad as they should be we can take them all off and rest them, but as we saw last year they can really test us. It would be silly to risk HC qualification on the premises of resting players.

Cockerill stated before the Bath game that he would be playing his strongest available side for the next three games. He is not taking anything lightly.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Tigerbeat wrote:A rumour on twitter that Mafi may be back in the country and training! Hope this is true but come too late for this weekend.......Ulster maybe?
According to Planet Rugby and the Mercury, Steve is back, has been training all week and will feature in this weekend's match if needed.

Hurrah!
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.