When did the Bath game get moved from Saturday to Sunday ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: When did the Bath game get moved from Saturday to Sunday

Post by Darc Tiger »

Says Saturday 10th on the website.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

WhitecapTiger wrote:Maybe the turnstiles thought your ticket was a day late…….
Of course they did. :smt005
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

Darc Tiger wrote:Says Saturday 10th on the website.
Sorry DT - I was trying to be a bit 'tongue in cheek' !
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Isambard

Sure the technology failed you today. The same thing happened to me - a re-issued ticket wouldnt work for me at the turnstiles today. I too was let into the ground by gate staff who used their discretion. I call that a fail for the technology and a win for the people and for Tigers as a club. Why dont you?
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

ellis9 wrote:Eonb, on all those tickets you purchased it will state somewhere that times and dates my change.

This isn't something that has happened in rugby in the past few months, it's been happening for a good few years.

Also, I bet those of you that moan about these different kick off times still watch other Premiership games on Friday nights and Sunday afternoons when they see on tv. Surely if you disagree with these different times and dates you shouldn't watch them either?
You make a big assumption that everyone subscribes to the satellite channels. You would be making an incorrect assumption. I specifically do not subscribe. Firstly because one of the channels is owned by someone whose actions are morally questionable and contrary to the best interests of this country. The other one doesn't receive my money because they like the other one move fixtures regularly and I will not fund them to do this.
Eon B
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Eon B »

A big me too on that watching televised Rugby. the atmosphere is missing, I'm only really interested in live sport. I feel stupid sitting watching the TV and shouting.

And Ellis, Tickets for flights bear the message you suggest, hotels and festivals do not.
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

BJ. wrote:
yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:We are one of the more influential clubs in this country and when TV deals come up (as they recently have) we should be insisting that matches kick off at 3PM on Saturday.
That is, of course, assuming the club holds the same narrow-minded, antiquated views as you.
My views are not 'narrow-minded' yours is. My views are not 'antiquated', yours show a complete arrogance and lack of consideration for other supporters.
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rizzo wrote:It is out of the club's hands and beyond their control in many instances when kick off days and times are changed or not definitively confirmed. I would recommend anyone wishing to attend any game should check the News Section of this website two weeks beforehand to establish kickoff day and time.

As for saying not everyone has a smartphone or uses social media, and not everyone reads the Mercury or listens to Radio Leicester, indeed that is true. But evidently people commenting or complaining about this issue do have internet access somehow or they wouldn't be on an internet messageboard posting said comments and complaints. :smt002
It is in the hands of the club. Certain members of the board are heavily involved in matters pertaining to the running of the club game as a whole and should be able to negotiate what I have asked for. The fact that they have not is simply unacceptable. Especially as what I am asking for is common sense.

Just because you've only heard this complaint on the website, doesn't mean that other people who do not use the internet have not been caught out by kick off changes. You must remember that there is a significant demographic within our supporters who are of pensionable age and may not be up to date with the latest technology. There is also another demographic who are not wealthy enough to pay for technology and it would be unreasonable to ask those supporters who put a significant amount of their earnings back into the club to put even more into gadgets just to make sure that they can keep track of the changes in kick off times.

This is about consideration of the supporters who actually bother to turn up. When asking people to buy a season ticket there should be an expectation that the person will be available to attend on a certain day and a certain time. Traditionally that has been 3PM on a Saturday. That is a sensible expectation. Not an expectation that the person should be able to turn up on days and times that are based on the whim of the TV companies and could be anything from 19:30 on a Friday to 18:00 on a Sunday.

Having a consistent kick off day and time allows people to commit to that time. Changing the kick off days and times often only a month prior to the match does not.

A compromise of asking the TV companies to announce the changes prior to the start of the season is sensible and more respectful. The TV companies have no excuse for announcing kick off changes so late.

Also travelling supporters are completely ignored by these last minute kick off changes. It can cost a significant amount more to travel to a game on public transport if you can't book your tickets early as you have no idea what the kick off time will be until weeks before the match.

My request is simple, treat those who turn up to support the team with a bit more respect.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

With respect, YBH - I have enough to do moderating this board (in my own time and as a volunteer, as is Tigerbeat) so if other people do complain elswhere, that isn't my concern or business,I deal with & respond to what is posted here. :smt001
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

And Ellis, Tickets for flights bear the message you suggest, hotels and festivals do not.
So would you be willing to accept it if a flight or holiday you booked got changed?

You make a big assumption that everyone subscribes to the satellite channels. You would be making an incorrect assumption. I specifically do not subscribe. Firstly because one of the channels is owned by someone whose actions are morally questionable and contrary to the best interests of this country. The other one doesn't receive my money because they like the other one move fixtures regularly and I will not fund them to do this.
Fair enough you don't subscribe but to say their actions are morally questionable and contrary to the best interests of this country is, in my opinion, pathetic. How the hell can you speak on behalf of this country about TV channels. Please explain how it is not in the best interests of the country. :smt017
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rizzo wrote:With respect, YBH - I have enough to do moderating this board (in my own time and as a volunteer, as is Tigerbeat) so if other people do complain elswhere, that isn't my concern or business,I deal with & respond to what is posted here. :smt001
Then why respond in a manner that suggests you are making a statement on behalf of the club?

Also comments like the one made in the second paragraph of your original post are not the type that should be coming from moderators.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:My views are not 'narrow-minded' yours is. My views are not 'antiquated', yours show a complete arrogance and lack of consideration for other supporters.
YBH, I believe if you had your way the game would revert to amateur status; the players would have a 5 minute half-time break which would be spent sucking on a wedge of orange in the middle of the pitch; their strip would consist of heavy duty cotton which tripled in weight when wet; fixture lists would be carved in stone and adhered to regardless and, if we were lucky, we would have a half-hour of highlights on BBC2 on Sunday afternoon presented by Nigel Starmer-Smith. In other words, the sport would revert to its previous elitist attitude and persona.

However, the advent of professionalism and increased TV coverage has led to rugby union now having a far larger global attraction. I can now watch rugby players from many different countries; I can now get on a plane and fly out to Europe for a weekend and watch my team do battle with Johnny Foreigner; I can get out of bed and watch live international rugby union from the other side of the world at 6 o'clock in the morning. Thanks to European Cup rugby, I have visited many grounds in the British Isles and parts of France and Italy I would never have considered travelling to previously and I have met a lot of people and made a lot of friends on these trips.

If the cost for these things is having the fixture list changed during the season, then it's a price I'm willing to pay. The sport has evolved: it's a shame not all of its followers have.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:
Rizzo wrote:With respect, YBH - I have enough to do moderating this board (in my own time and as a volunteer, as is Tigerbeat) so if other people do complain elswhere, that isn't my concern or business,I deal with & respond to what is posted here. :smt001
Then why respond in a manner that suggests you are making a statement on behalf of the club?

Also comments like the one made in the second paragraph of your original post are not the type that should be coming from moderators.

If I was "making a statement on behalf of the club" I would have said so.
With regard to your second comment, as has been said many times on the open forum, if you or any other user wishes to complain about the moderators, you are free to contact the club directly to do so. I would suggest you email Gary Sherrard in the first instance if you wish to do so.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

IMHO all matches with Aviva Premiership clubs should KO at 3 00 on a saturday.
This is nostalgic dreamland IMHO. Gone are the days of Rugby Special, amateur rugby and mud-bath pitches.

Plenty of notice given re: Bath game changing to a Sunday. Same for Gloucester in Feb, Ulster this month, etc. The TV companies pay the bucks and IMHO Tigers do their best to inform fans… I like watching AP games on Friday nights (TV and attending), ditto Sundays...
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

MrPartridge wrote:
IMHO all matches with Aviva Premiership clubs should KO at 3 00 on a saturday.
This is nostalgic dreamland IMHO. ..
Of course it is!! :smt006 :smt006 :smt006
Still keeping the faith!