When did the Bath game get moved from Saturday to Sunday ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: When did the Bath game get moved from Saturday to Sunday

Post by BJ. »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:Perhaps a notice posted on the city gates ...
But what about us poor folk who live out in the country and only get to the big city on the days of the joust? Could Ye Leicester Tigers arrange for a messenger to deliver a parchment bearing news of the change of time to our town crier so he could relay the tidings to us?
Or would that be too hi-tech for the Yellow Balaclava Hunter?
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

No but it might be too high tech for Belper though. :smt002
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Thanks for the response.
Ignoring the ignorant and the arrogant the factual information was useful. I bought my 2014 diary in September and wrote the fixture dates as I then knew them. It isn't good enough to have to check with the internet to see what has changed. I don't have a smart phone, nor read the Mercury.

I checked this web site for the 2014 fixtures and three of them have no kick off times. How stupid is that? The missus and I sat down with our diaries planning the first half of the year and only the rugby matches are unknowns. I noted the Heineken Ulster time of 6pm on Saturday, silly time yet again, that the LV game against Bath has moved to Friday from Saturday and the February 15th game has moved to the 16th. So that means every 2014 fixture has changed or is liable to change. Mickey Mouse or what. When the county cricket season is announced there will be no changes
This includes the TV driven 20 20 matches. I think that brewery and couldn't organise a few drinks in is the situation and will continue to say so. :smt006
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

It is out of the club's hands and beyond their control in many instances when kick off days and times are changed or not definitively confirmed. I would recommend anyone wishing to attend any game should check the News Section of this website two weeks beforehand to establish kickoff day and time.

As for saying not everyone has a smartphone or uses social media, and not everyone reads the Mercury or listens to Radio Leicester, indeed that is true. But evidently people commenting or complaining about this issue do have internet access somehow or they wouldn't be on an internet messageboard posting said comments and complaints. :smt002
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Isambard wrote: I bought my 2014 diary in September and wrote the fixture dates as I then knew them. It isn't good enough to have to check with the internet to see what has changed.
Oh, I see, you bought your diary in september? Just before the date of the fixture confirmation (Not change - semantics maybe)? Fits your moan quite well.

No mention of that in your OP but then I guess if you are too specific in the first instance it make it difficult to backtrack and counter any argument/evidence presented to you.

The only matches with no kickoff times that I can see on here are the Payoff Semis and Final - that is normal (if not welcomed) and has been for a number of seasons.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/rugby/1stxv_fixtures.php

Hope this isn't too ignorant/arrogant for you.
Last edited by WhitecapTiger on Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Eon B
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Eon B »

For me this is not an issue of modernity or style of communication, it's simply a matter of fair dealing.

I've bought a number of tickets this last month for events next summer. These are for holidays and music festivals. I am entirely confident that they will take place on the advertized (sp. see OED) date and any forced changes will result in refund or compensation.

I would expect no less a standard from our club.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Eon B wrote:For me this is not an issue of modernity or style of communication, it's simply a matter of fair dealing.

I've bought a number of tickets this last month for events next summer. These are for holidays and music festivals. I am entirely confident that they will take place on the advertized (sp. see OED) date and any forced changes will result in refund or compensation.

I would expect no less a standard from our club.
It is my experience that Tigers notify the weekends of games, with warnings that times may vary, until the specific dates/times are confirmed.

If there has been a subsequent change to the confirmed date/time and I cannot make it the offer has been made to refund/compensate my ticket(s). I believe, as far as i have experienced myself, that you would receive no less of a standard with Tigers than you enjoy/expect elsewhere. Simply a case of presenting your case appropriately IMO.

I do not necessarily agree with fixture changes, I agree with YBH that it would be far better for them to be set and left unchanged right from the start, but it just isn't that way.

I prefer Saturday at 3pm - other do not for varying reasons, horses for courses.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

@Whitecap Tiger

Go to Buy Tickets and what do you find?

That the March and April game times are TBC.

TBC means truly beyond comparison I suppose? No it means to be confirmed. I am surprised that you rely on the fixture list for the times because they are as flexible as the weather.

Yes I am fed up with this and yes I shall not renew my season ticket but
my opinions are as valid as anyone elses. I believe that Tigers need to be more customer focussed and less assuming that like sheep people will pay regardless of when a game is and regardless of whether they are able to attend.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Isambard wrote: I am surprised that you rely on the fixture list for the times because they are as flexible as the weather.
I do not rely on the fixture list. I use the fixture list as a guide and then check in advance for confirmation it doesn't take long. I find it acceptable to my needs, I find it difficult to believe that aspects of life are set in concrete everywhere we go, but that's just me.
Isambard wrote:my opinions are as valid as anyone elses.
Sorry, but I always laugh when people say this. Please show me (quote me) where I have said directly that your opinion, or anyone else's isn't as valid as mine (or anyone else's) - not just mis-interpretation of words.

I merely find it dishearteningly repetitive that the only opinions you seem to find time to post regarding Tigers are negative ones.

Naturally, that is allowed as everything isn't always rosy. Replies to challenge such posts are also permitted.
Isambard wrote:Yes I am fed up with this and yes I shall not renew my season ticket
Sorry to hear that, sounds like your life will be better without Tigers as they cause you so much angst.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Eonb, on all those tickets you purchased it will state somewhere that times and dates my change.

This isn't something that has happened in rugby in the past few months, it's been happening for a good few years.

Also, I bet those of you that moan about these different kick off times still watch other Premiership games on Friday nights and Sunday afternoons when they see on tv. Surely if you disagree with these different times and dates you shouldn't watch them either?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Sorry to mention this Isambard, but with 1095 posts on this forum you are regularly looking at the website, it frequently mentioned the date of the next home match and if you were at the last match you would also have heard the announcer state that it was today, Sunday. Dont wish to sound smug but you surely could not blame lack of notice!
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Rizzo wrote:.... As for saying not everyone has a smartphone or uses social media, and not everyone reads the Mercury or listens to Radio Leicester, indeed that is true. But evidently people commenting or complaining about this issue do have internet access somehow or they wouldn't be on an internet messageboard posting said comments and complaints. :smt002
There you go again Rizzo - spoiling a good argument with facts! :smt003
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Well that was a good wind up thread.

My post referred to my 2014 diary which I have only just started using. (Logically.)
The Tigers dates were added when I bought it as a priority because I fully intended to be at each game.

I moan about things because I don't like many of the ways that the club is run and believe that the spirit of Tigers is being lost. Many on this board seem to accept anything and everything that Tigers do. I don't, but that does not mean I do not support the Club, just the way that people in charge are changing and diminishing it.

Call me Grumpy if you like but today my Season Ticket Card did not work at the turnstiles 16-18. I had to go to the ticket office which was very busy. The system could find no problem with my card nor record of it not working. I was given a printed ticket for the match. Of course I couldn't use this at the nearest turnstile and maybe visit the shop or watch the players I had to walk around the outside to turnstiles 16-18. Hello again I said presenting my ticket. It didn't work!!! I was advised to find a supervisor, but nowhere at that end was the yellow jacket of a supervisor to be found. After more time I decided I would try one of the other turnstiles in 16-18. Surprise surprise the ticket didn't work again! The person manning this used initiative and intelligence and let me through. All in all the whole process took about 40 minutes and I got to my seat just 10minutes before kick off.

Technology screws up again and takes the intitiative away from people. So yes I do expect the club to write to me two or three times a season and send me a Tigerzine or whatever it is called.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Maybe the turnstiles thought your ticket was a day late…….
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

More worryingly than today's change - did anyone else notice in the fixture list in today's program has our final match against Saffas as "Thu 3:15" !!!!!!! :smt017 :smt022