No discussion of today's game?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

No discussion of today's game?

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Strange, we win and no discussion of the Sale game. I bet this forum would have been in meltdown if we had lost the game.
Last edited by Smurphswillgetya on Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: No discussion of today's game

Post by sapajo »

Think we are all still in shock as we came so close to losing it after such a promising start. Not as much of a post Sarries reaction I has hoped for dropping the bonus point. In the end its a win and 4 points and next week we will need to be at another level :smt023

As for the Ref don't get me started :smt013
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Eon B
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Eon B »

It was an odd win. Very much expected but quite unsatisfactory. for the first twenty our backs blazed bright, but briefly. For the last twenty our forwards were resolute as stone men. In between there was a lot of running around.

Bowden and Williams looked good together. Tait was nearly wonderful. Goneva held the ball under some serious tackling. I didn't much notice Morris.

Sale were worth watching.

I came away pleased but not much excited.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

A point dropped I fear, and real concerns about the lack of organisation at times.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Sale are a lot better this season and will trouble a lot of teams supposedly better. We were poor but won. Nuff said.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Barf will be a big pointer in where we are with the available players, need to put down a marker and put them to the sword.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

What does the title mean No Discussion of the Sale game, are we trying to impose
censorship. I'll discuss what I want when I want and why I want it at anytime.
Actually the performance was much better today all round apart from the tackling. If Tigers would like me to coach a session on tackling they only have to ask.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: No discussion of today's game?

Post by fentiger »

Who was MoM? I reckon Williams must have had a shout?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

fentiger wrote:Who was MoM? I reckon Williams must have had a shout?
Not sure, but Williams was impressive today especially his kicking out of hand and 100% conversion rate. His physicality was a revelation.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

sapajo wrote:Not sure, but Williams was impressive today especially his kicking out of hand and 100% conversion rate. His physicality was a revelation.
It benefitted our play with him standing a bit deeper, less charge downs! If the forwards hadn't been quite so intent winning the game on their own :smt017
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

fentiger wrote: If the forwards hadn't been quite so intent winning the game on their own :smt017
Perhaps making up for the lack of physicality against Sarries in the 2nd half last week
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

fentiger wrote:
sapajo wrote:Not sure, but Williams was impressive today especially his kicking out of hand and 100% conversion rate. His physicality was a revelation.
It benefitted our play with him standing a bit deeper, less charge downs! If the forwards hadn't been quite so intent winning the game on their own :smt017
Cannot remember a Tigers match where our forwards are not intent on winning the game on their own trouble is as much as they huffed and puffed apart from the penalty try they did not drive over the line. Its more evident these days as the back line continues to be tormented blunted by our injuries.
FenlandTiger

Post by FenlandTiger »

So, any views on what the "powers" in high places will make of Cockers post match comments about yellow cards for punching in the face, cheating and refereeing standards? he was clearly not a happy chappy!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

FenlandTiger wrote:So, any views on what the "powers" in high places will make of Cockers post match comments about yellow cards for punching in the face, cheating and refereeing standards? he was clearly not a happy chappy!

Please not another ban that's all we need :smt009
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Listen to Cockers post match interview with Charles Dagnall along with other interviews

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/lei ... -1800a.mp3
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk