Leicester Tigers vs Sale Sharks

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Leicester Tigers vs Sale Sharks

Post by kpj tiger »

This has quickly become a must win game against a Sale team who are on the up with top performances from the likes of Michael Paterson, Henry Thomas and of course Danny Cipriani, We could do with the try bonus point but I think we may struggle in the first half to break them down and only get a win by about 10-13 points. Team wise I would go with;
1. Ayerza
2. Youngs/Briggs
3. Cole/Balmain
4. Slater
5. Kitchener
6. Matera
7. Salvi
8. Waldrom
9. Youngs/Mele
10. Flood/Williams
11. Benjamin
12. Bowden
13. Goneva
14. Morris
15. Tait

16. Briggs/Thacker
17. Mulipola/Stankovich
18. Balmain/Schuster
19. Deacon
20. Gibson
21. Mele/Harrison
22. Williams/Hepetema
23. Scully
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Leicester Tigers vs Sale Sharks

Post by cidermark »

Wasn't there a noise (rumour) that AA may be available for selection for this match?
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

IMO:
Ayerza, T.Youngs, Balmain (I felt he was one of the few to impress vs. Sarries)
Slater, Kitchener
Mafi, Waldrom, Salvi (Captain if Floody is out)
Youngs, Flood (If fit, if not then hopefully Williams is fit/ selected, I think I’d rather see Mele or Bowden at 10 than Lamb after Sarries!)
Bowden, Goneva
Benjamin, Tait, Morris

Briggs, Stankovich, Cole, Deacon, Matera, Mele, Williams/ Lamb, Thompstone

As much as I'd like to see Matera start at 6 I think Mafi should play as he'll need to get up to speed before the HC. If either Logo or AA are fit then they should be involved from the bench. A TBP has to be the target but I think it will be too close for comfort (4-8 points in Tigers favour) at the final whistle.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Is Bowden fit? He went off injured vs Montpellier and missed last weekend. Personally I'd like to see young Pohe given ago with Flood and Goneva in the midfield. He is powerful and seems to have decent hands, get an offload to Goneva after a half break and we'll cause chaos.

Mafi and Mulipola are supposed to be back but will probably start from the bench unless Matera has an injury I think he'll start at 6. Go as close to our first choice pack as possible and try to put Sale to bed early so we can empty the bench on 60 mins.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

sam16111986 wrote:Is Bowden fit? He went off injured vs Montpellier and missed last weekend. Personally I'd like to see young Pohe given ago with Flood and Goneva in the midfield. He is powerful and seems to have decent hands, get an offload to Goneva after a half break and we'll cause chaos.

Mafi and Mulipola are supposed to be back but will probably start from the bench unless Matera has an injury I think he'll start at 6. Go as close to our first choice pack as possible and try to put Sale to bed early so we can empty the bench on 60 mins.
Would rather see Hepetema get a go at 12, from what i saw that was where he played before joining us and he looked really good
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Yes the way he head butted Mako's knees was very impressive.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I don't know if kpj tiger knows something about our injury list, but if uninjured
why has he suddenly demoted Gibson off the team sheet? Over the last few weeks he's been one of our best players and is a genuine contender for December player of the month.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Noddy555 wrote:I don't know if kpj tiger knows something about our injury list, but if uninjured
why has he suddenly demoted Gibson off the team sheet? Over the last few weeks he's been one of our best players and is a genuine contender for December player of the month.
He has played a load of games recently, i would rest him against Sale and give Matera more game time
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

G.K wrote:Yes the way he head butted Mako's knees was very impressive.
Ive seen more senior players do worse
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Hempetema will require at least a week off after leaving the field with concussion vs Sarries. Smith was also injured so we are probably quite far down on our list of options. Be nice to see an academy product given a go with the first team. Pohe is an England age grade international worth a look at 12.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

sam16111986 wrote:Hempetema will require at least a week off after leaving the field with concussion vs Sarries. Smith was also injured so we are probably quite far down on our list of options. Be nice to see an academy product given a go with the first team. Pohe is an England age grade international worth a look at 12.
If Hepetema is out then Pohe should be on the bench but i highly doubt he will be and even if he is he probably wont get on the field
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Now is not the time to be giving opportunities to academy players for development....too many injuries and is vital that victories are gained in the coming weeks.
Leave them for the LV or when we get more injured players back in the ranks.
If they are good enough they will get their chance

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Tigerbeat wrote:Now is not the time to be giving opportunities to academy players for development
We may not have a choice. Allen, Bowden, Smith, Hepetema and Manu are all out injured leaving us with Goneva as the only fit centre, and he is a wing really. Our options are very limited we could play Pohe at 12 alongside Goneva with Flood at 10, if the pack dominates and puts us on the front foot then he should be ok. Other options would be to play one of Flood, Williams or Lamb at 12 or maybe even Tait.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

kingol22 wrote:
Tigerbeat wrote:Now is not the time to be giving opportunities to academy players for development
We may not have a choice. Allen, Bowden, Smith, Hepetema and Manu are all out injured leaving us with Goneva as the only fit centre, and he is a wing really. Our options are very limited we could play Pohe at 12 alongside Goneva with Flood at 10, if the pack dominates and puts us on the front foot then he should be ok. Other options would be to play one of Flood, Williams or Lamb at 12 or maybe even Tait.
If we have no other centers Pohe should get a go, Tait could probably play 12 but it practically takes him out of the game as his strengths are speed and agility, I suspect we could see either Flood or Lamb at 10 with Williams at 12
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

If we have no other centers Pohe should get a go...

Along with Tinky Winky, Dipsy and La La, what a combination. :smt023

I'll show myself out. :smt004
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.