Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Re: Toby Flood gone .- now confirmed by Cockers - Threads me

Post by kornboy130 »

G.K wrote:
G.K wrote:Based on various incidents over the years, the most recent being the red card incident mentioned here.

"Leicester director of rugby Richard Cockerill said Lamb had cracked a bone in his hand during the incident and would be out for several weeks.

He told BBC Radio Leicester: "I expect better from a player with his experience and with the potential of Toby [Flood] going away in the next few weeks, it compromises the squad. I'm disappointed in him and I'll deal with that internally."
PS: I never mentioned anything about off-field.
I assumed "attitude problems" when linked with Cipriani implied that.

He did punch a bloke during one of the most ill-tempered matches in recent memory when he'd been late tackled all game. There losing your head and attitude problems which I'd suggest are very different.

Each to their own interpretation though.
snoopster

Post by snoopster »

kornboy130 wrote:Bit unfair G.K - Lamb is instinctively high risk but an attitude problem? As far as I'm aware he's had no off-field issues.

In fact, from all reports he seems to be a nice, well balanced chap.
Got in trouble a couple of times for nightclub fights when he was at Irish, I think.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I knew there were reasons why I'd formed my opinion about his attitude as well as ability. It wasn't just at Reading but also Glous, this is from 2009:

Gloucester fly-half Ryan Lamb has been charged with assault after an incident outside a nightclub, police said today.

Lamb, who has been tipped as a future England star, was arrested after a 22-year-old man from Kent was assaulted outside the Subtone nightclub on The Promenade in Cheltenham between 3am and 3.30am on Sunday.

The victim suffered a cut and swelling to his lip.

A Gloucestershire Police spokeswoman confirmed that Lamb, 22, from Hucclecote, Gloucester, was charged with assault and will appear at Cheltenham Magistrates' Court on March 9.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

G.K wrote:I knew there were reasons why I'd formed my opinion about his attitude as well as ability. It wasn't just at Reading but also Glous, this is from 2009:

Gloucester fly-half Ryan Lamb has been charged with assault after an incident outside a nightclub, police said today.

Lamb, who has been tipped as a future England star, was arrested after a 22-year-old man from Kent was assaulted outside the Subtone nightclub on The Promenade in Cheltenham between 3am and 3.30am on Sunday.

The victim suffered a cut and swelling to his lip.

A Gloucestershire Police spokeswoman confirmed that Lamb, 22, from Hucclecote, Gloucester, was charged with assault and will appear at Cheltenham Magistrates' Court on March 9.
I had no idea - that does suggest a potential attitude problem then - my apologies.

Hope he can sort it out.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I'd forgotten them myself but the impression had remained. Don't think we should ever have signed him and would not like to repeat the mistake with charge down Danny.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

It's official, According to the chap who runs "Rugby Heaven" on the Festival park site in Ebbw Vale. Rhys Priestland is our man. He should know, He's Welsh!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I hope it is Burns rather than Priestland.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Forgive the ignorance on the issues of contract length but is it possible that both are on the radar? Maybe Lamb isn't staying on; who said Williams is, either? (Second one is a massive rumour but the logic is there - would he want to stay if either Priestland or Burns was on the cards? Particularly with Mélé's (apparent) contract extension as a capable back-up fly-half.

I think I'd rather have Burns, Priestland, Mélé than Burns/Priestland, Lamb, Williams as options at the club.

But that's probably completely far-fetched!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Far too expensive to have 2 international Fly Halves on the books
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

I hope it is Burns rather than Priestland.[quote][/quote]
i hope so too
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

He will be missed. Standing flat with his good hands he has caused damage. If he had been a bit faster he would have been one of the great English tens. Good luck