Re: Tigers Vs. Sarries

Post by Bundy »

Completely outplayed - Humiliation :smt010
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Sorry to disagree to some extent but when you are playing so so badly the referree really should not be blamed, we were aweful, so embarressing, boys against men and our boys did not have a clue!
TigerAlex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerAlex »

I don't think I've been so embarrassed watching Tigers play. Passing poor, tackling atrocious and game management non-existent. I don't blame the coaching, I blame the players. They just didn't turn up and completely deserved that spanking. Where was the intensity?

On another note, Borthwick.- You've just been given a penalty try, there is no need to seek out your opposition to start mouthing off.
hugh78
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by hugh78 »

We looked completely dog tired and Sarries were fresh. The season is far from over however, we've had a tough set of fixtures. With some injury returns we will claw back in to the mix.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

What a shocking performance, thought Matera, Kitchener, Crane, Benjamin and Tait played well though, Lamb was just very poor. Williams must start if Flood isnt available, Hepetema should have started at 12 instead of Smith who clearly doesn't have the skill set for it (although somebody needs to show him how to tackle). Thought Crane was a pretty decent captain although struggled at times as Barnes didn't seem to care what he had to say, I also think Ben Youngs needs to try some of that yoga that cockers has been using to keep calm :smt003
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Pathetic performance.

Barnes was an absolute disgrace but that is no excuse.
Lamb should not start another game for us after that performance, he is a liability. In his time here he has got himself injured and banned punching a guy, played 10 good minutes of rugby and in the rest of his game time tried his very best to give the game away. We need 2 new fly halfs next year because he is just not good enough.

Cockerill has to shoulder some of the blame for this as it was a bad decision to rest players, it was a defeatist attitude and it looked to have rubbed off on the team.

Haven't been this disappointed in a Tigers performance for quite a while only positive is that Tait came through the game injury free.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The next two games against Sale and Bath will go a long way to defining the season and keeping in contention for the play offs.
Saracens were very sharp and deserved the win. Looking like an away game in the play offs with Exeter, Bath, Quins and Sale in the mix.
The two yellow cards hurt Tigers hard.

Bring on next week!!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

A huge embarrassment.

Sarries are very good but we were as bad as I've ever seen us play.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote:The next two games against Sale and Bath will go a long way to defining the season and keeping in contention for the play offs.
Saracens were very sharp and deserved the win. Looking like an away game in the play offs with Exeter, Bath, Quins and Sale in the mix.
The two yellow cards hurt Tigers hard.

Bring on next week!!
Nice try Tigerbeat seems RC and the board think more of success in Europe and are happy to capitulate our championship defence as a consequence. Wrong priority in my book :smt013
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

kingol22 wrote:We need 2 new fly halfs next year because he is just not good enough.
Agreed, he has been shocking for us in every aspect apart from goal kicking, he is too afraid to take contact (although we may have had something to do with that in the past) which results in wild passes and grubber kicks to nothing :smt009
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Embarrassing performance, why rest so many players? Why Crane not TT?
Why were we not prepared for the plastic pitch, no players working at rucks, no attacking their line outs and generally no control or game plan all match.
We need to get experienced players in at 10 and in the back row, lets be like Sarries and break all the wage cap rules....allegedly....to ensure we have a very strong squad for next season.
We are missing Mafi and Croft really badly in the forwards, these are the only kick chasers we have at the club.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

Easily the most one sided refereeing I have seen.

Farrell brings Lamb down by the head and Barnes gives a penalty to Saracens.

Kitchener gets sin binned for a 'late' tackle on Farrell despite Farrell continuing his run after passing the ball, in effect obstruction.

Saracens score from a clear forward pass with the TMO looking at it a dozen times but neither he nor the referee are able to spot it.

Hepetema concedes a penalty despite being knocked unconscious by Johnston falling into the tackle.

One of our players is taken out in the air in a lineout in Saracens 22. No yellow card. Continued infringement by Saracens results in a warning. Two penalties later and still no yellow card.

Barnes instantly goes into his pocket to put Waldrom in the bin without any warning and then gives a penalty try for the next infringement.

Our players gave up in the end and I do not blame them, if I was the coach I would have ordered my players off the field in protest as soon as Barnes failed to give Saracens a yellow card after their warning.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

WiggoTiger wrote: We are missing Mafi and Croft really badly in the forwards, these are the only kick chasers we have at the club.
Have to disagree, Gibson and Matera chased kicks well all game, i just can't understand why Matera was replaced so early on by Waldrom
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

voice of the crumbie wrote:Methinks we need a defence
Fixed that for you votc :smt002 :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Lets be real we know what Barnes is like, Borthwich had roughed him up before the match as he blatantly did everything Borthwick asked for. The idiot should have been cardede for inciting the oppossing forwards after they had scored.
The TMO farce is another waste of time, blatant forward pass goes unnoticed, and then Barnes makes the decisions oof the big screen. if Barnes had any nerve make the decisions immediately without referrals.
Sadly he was never going to Bin any of their players, he bottled it!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!