Tigers Vs. Sarries

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kingol22
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers Vs. Sarries

Post by kingol22 »

Don't think we should write the chance of a win off yet. That is a handy set of forwards and I think they will hold there own. Arguably the in form 2nd row partnership in England at the moment and we have one of the up and coming players in the world starting at 7. In the backs we have some very very dangerous players, Morris, Goneva, Tait, Smith and Youngs should enjoy playing on a firm pitch and will always provide a threat. Add in players like Kitchner, Slater and Matera who will also offer a threat in the loose and we look like a dangerous side, if the pack gains parity and Lamb has a good game then I think we can really challenge for the win.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Wow! That team is a brave shout. Could go horribly wrong, but I suppose there is not the weight of expectation.
Suppose it is right to give much needed rest to many who have given their all over the last few weeks.
Nice to see Tait start again, and I agree with the comments about Lamb - now is the time to show what he's got. If the weather allows a fast game, that is quite a mobile team, all bar Stanko.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

The appointment of Jordan Crane as Captain is proof if ever needed that he is indeed Cockers car washer in chief :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Apologies for going slightly off topic but just reading that Sarries have re-signed Hayden Smith, back after a spell in NFL, how do they afford another player within the wage cap? (source DT). :smt017 :smt017
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

sapajo wrote:The appointment of Jordan Crane as Captain is proof if ever needed that he is indeed Cockers car washer in chief :smt023
In fairness he is the most experienced guy in the squad
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Bet Stanko can out run him!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Like the backs.....................not much for the forwards. We look a bit undercooked there. Maybe it's a ploy to get the ball out quick rather than our traditional grunt and groan. Though looking at the weather this could be a mistake!

LBP the most we can hope for??

Someone in our house said that last week!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

If Taity can recapture the form he was in last season, then this is a good
inclusion, now he has beefed up a bit more his tackling seems to have improved,
but like a lot of his teammates he sometimes forgets the first rule of tackling. Go for their feet, because nobody can run without their feet, even if they manage to dispatch the ball the momentum of the tackle could mean at best a dropped pass. It's dangerous ok it's dangerous but tell me a manoeuvre in rugby that isn't?
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

So Mele covering 9 & 10 - Williams not reqd :smt017
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

This is a massive test for Tait. First game since May and he is up against Farrell and Wigglesworth who will test him with kicks all game, not to mention the weather which is supposed to be gale force winds and rain. It's important that we don't get on his back if it doesn't go well though, he struggled after coming back from injury last season and I would be very suprised if he had a great game this weekend. Morris will have a big role to play in the second full back role and will hopefully help Tait to defuse some kicks. 2nd/3rd team against 1st placed team at a stadium we have never played in after 2 weeks of gruelling HC rugby. I think we may just be underdogs :smt003
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

In the scheme of things, the result is not that important. Nice to win, but the fat lady has not even got dressed.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

For me, the immediate shame is that we don't get to see Flood face off against Farrell tomorrow in what should be a very interesting fixture. A big performance by either 10 would put have put down a serious marker for Stuart Lancaster and forced some questions to be answered. As it is - following todays 'revelations' - we're left to assume that Flood has spoken to the England management and they've informed him that Plan A is very much to build the side around Owen Farrell. I have no idea if that's true or not, but it would help to have someone - Flood or Lancaster - come out and clarify.

The game tomorrow still has a hell of a lot going for it though. Very interesting to see how Jamie George gets on under pressure from Kitchener, and likewise to see how Tait and Matera go having spent so long out the 1st XV for various reasons. Sarries side is built for power, Tigers for speed and mobility. Should be a cracker.

Preview of the game up here: http://www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I am sorry but some of you need to wash your mouths out with soap. All this talk of losing bonus point etc. really! I hope the players don't have such a defeatist attitude.

I am also surprised people have not come on here and accused Cockers of being vindictive by dropping Flood because he is off to France :smt003
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Crane captained England through the age groups and at Saxons level. He has also captained Tigers before.

Hasn't Hayden Smith agreed to join for next season as a replacement for Borthwick.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

seems like a slightly weak team.good to see that tait is back in the team. think we will get a losing bonus point. but we cant write it off yet