Same Price Season Tickets Without Europe?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

AlphaWiseOwl

Same Price Season Tickets Without Europe?

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

We are being asked to renew our season tickets before 22nd March to retain last year’s prices but at the moment, it is unclear as to precisely what we will be buying.

As it is becoming more and more likely that the English clubs will be mere observers for the 2014-15 European competitions, why are we being asked to pay, at best, the same, or at worst, an increased annual price for less home fixtures in the deal?

If you check this out on: http://www.leicestertigers.com/tickets/ ... nefits.php you will see that there is no mention of any European pool games being included in the package, or any mention of priority booking, which season ticket holders have benefitted from when Tigers have secured a home QF match in European competitions. The promise of 17 home games is strangely vague. There are only 12 Premiership games in a regular season, so where the other 5 come from is anybody’s guess. We are being robbed of 3 home HC games (based on this year) plus any priority booking for European away games and any subsequent fixtures should Tigers progress past the pool stages.

The deadline date for securing your existing seat is 4th June. Maybe somebody can explain exactly what I will get for my renewal fee, because at the moment I haven’t really got a clue. If the English Clubs do stand on the touchline for next year’s European competitions, what level of refund can Tigers season ticket holders expect to receive if they have already paid up front at 2013-14 prices on the understanding that this will cover a comparable fixture list of top flight rugby, including European games, in 2014-15?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Same Price Season Tickets Without Europe?

Post by ellis9 »

It says at the top that it includes 17 games including 3 European home games. I would hope that if we do not have a European competition to play in then they will reduce the price or give refunds of a certain amount if already purchased before we know if we will be in it
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Why ask us AlphaWiseOwl - we're a bunch of fans! Ask the club.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

AlphaWiseOwl wrote:We are being asked to renew our season tickets before 22nd March to retain last year’s prices but at the moment, it is unclear as to precisely what we will be buying.

As it is becoming more and more likely that the English clubs will be mere observers for the 2014-15 European competitions, why are we being asked to pay, at best, the same, or at worst, an increased annual price for less home fixtures in the deal?

If you check this out on: http://www.leicestertigers.com/tickets/ ... nefits.php you will see that there is no mention of any European pool games being included in the package, or any mention of priority booking, which season ticket holders have benefitted from when Tigers have secured a home QF match in European competitions. The promise of 17 home games is strangely vague. There are only 12 Premiership games in a regular season, so where the other 5 come from is anybody’s guess. We are being robbed of 3 home HC games (based on this year) plus any priority booking for European away games and any subsequent fixtures should Tigers progress past the pool stages.

The deadline date for securing your existing seat is 4th June. Maybe somebody can explain exactly what I will get for my renewal fee, because at the moment I haven’t really got a clue. If the English Clubs do stand on the touchline for next year’s European competitions, what level of refund can Tigers season ticket holders expect to receive if they have already paid up front at 2013-14 prices on the understanding that this will cover a comparable fixture list of top flight rugby, including European games, in 2014-15?
Try reading your season ticket renewal pack/

Priority Bookings, Pre-registration are all present as are 3 LV games.
Still keeping the faith!
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

Who knows what the plans are for an alternative to the Heineken. If those at the PRL have any sense then they would have been arranging more than one alternative in case the French decided to be French and retreat.

My choices in order of preference have always been:

Rugby Champions Cup
English/South African competition
Domestic knockout cup including lower division sides
Heineken Cup
kingneptuneii
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kingneptuneii »

just spoke to the ticket office regarding this, and whilst they are confident there will be some form of Euro competition next year, if it turns out we DONT have one to play in, then the club will be looking to refund/compensate ST holders for the loss of the 3 matches
Never mind the ball, get on with the game!!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

As someone who lives too far away to visit Welford Road I sort of shied away from this thread, but do we fans not support our team through thick and thin, it's not a supermarket brand, it's Tigers here( I buy shirts and wear them, whether I like them or not, it's my way of supporting, financially too).
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

If there is to be no European revenue then perhaps, as true supporters rather than mere consumers, we should be glad to give the club that extra bit of money they save by not giving us the pool matches. I shall not complain.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

I agree OH, not only am I used to paying my standing order for my season ticket, but also used to not being able to make most of the games when they are re-scheduled. A two hundred mile round trip (including the M25!) on a Friday evening is not fun - regardless of how well we play!
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

If there is no European Cup games next year, there is no excuse for playing AP games during the International calendar. It's fine for the club to refund 3/17ths of a season ticket; however these are three of 10 games or so when you get to watch the first team without a multitude of International call ups.
If this is not the case, paying for an ST without Europe is less appealing if you are getting to watch The International players for even less game time.
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

Alternatively, they could simply suspend all games during the international window and use the vacant HC weekends to catchup!

That way we can watch the 6 Nations and AI's without interruptions and still get to watch our international players at WR.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Just had an e-mail from Peter Tom (as I suppose all season ticket holders have) saying there will be an adjustment if no suitable replacement matches are found. Personally, I think this unnecessary and will reply to the club to say so.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Old Hob wrote:Just had an e-mail from Peter Tom (as I suppose all season ticket holders have) saying there will be an adjustment if no suitable replacement matches are found. Personally, I think this unnecessary and will reply to the club to say so.

If what you have paid for changes its only fair that you should be told. If you are happy with the changes then fine if your not then their should be an offer of redress. Peter Tom's email has done both for season ticket holders :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

If there are to be 3 replacement matches, then they need to be meaningful. I, for one, would not be interested in watching friendlies and would rather the league matches be rescheduled in order that we do not have to play many during international periods.
Old Tight Head
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Old Tight Head »

Maybe we could have a fixture against the Barbarians on Boxing Day? You never know, it might catch on...
Cut me and I bleed red, green and white...