Tigers v Montpellier - threads merged

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Tigers v Montpellier - threads merged

Post by tigerburnie »

Can we read anything into them losing to Racing away from home, looked like a full strength side they had out.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Montpellier

Post by WhitecapTiger »

tigerburnie wrote:Can we read anything into them losing to Racing away from home, looked like a full strength side they had out.
They were too focused on next week?

they were conserving energy for their trip to WR?

They will wish to make amends against the TIGERS!?

:smt002 :smt003
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

They aren't in the best form at the moment. Still a very dangerous side, but we can definitely beat them, home and away, if we play well and everyone puts their heart into it.
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

We have too many injuries to expect to win this game. Lets focus on the league and the LV.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:We have too many injuries to expect to win this game. Lets focus on the league and the LV.
Sadly I think you are right.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

having followed the top 14 for many years, Montpellier are known for their home form but seem to suffer on their travels. Let's hope that continues next week.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:We have too many injuries to expect to win this game. Lets focus on the league and the LV.
If the players take that attitude I will be very disappointed. There is enough talent in that team to win. Who knows what might happen further through the season.
Farmboy

Post by Farmboy »

Are we pussy cats or Tigers? The forwards can match anyone, we just need the backs to click.
SilebyTiger

Post by SilebyTiger »

Having seen bits of their games over the past two weeks, their scrum has been going backwards at a rate of nots rather surprisingly.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Don't want any of that defeatist stuff here thankyou, we Tigers are winners at home and as the old cliche goes, we'll kill 'em(or was it one game at a time, living Scotland is rubbing off on me)
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Not sure if it's irrational but I'm feeling fairly confident for this weekend. Friday's performance has given me hope that things are starting to click. The scrum was excellent and the whole pack were too, especially considering the absentees, I thought Kitchener was superb (it was his best performance in a Tigers shirt IMO) while the likes of Gibson and Deacon, who have been a long way off top form, had much improved games. There were also signs that Floody is getting into some form and "clicking" with the new backline, Benjamin did some excellent things, as did YBY although both interspersed them with errors.

I think Tigers will get the 4 points and win by 6-12 points if Floody is kicking well, going to Montpellier will be a completely different proposition however! If Mafi, Goneva and Slater return this weekend, I would start Steve and Niki (with Gibson and Thompstone on the bench) and bring Ed on for Deacon after 45 mins, and get some "game-time" before the away trip then 5 points is certainly an achievable goal. Sneaking through as a best runner-up is not beyond Tigers IMO. Although a massive amount rests on the front row, who are IMO the best front row in Europe, and the half-backs.
SilebyTiger

Post by SilebyTiger »

Montpellier are a good side but Toulon and Toulouse standard they certainly are not. Ulster hammered them in France and we should be aiming to win these two games regardless of the injury situation.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

At home?

You get more and more miserable with every post - chin up.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

I haven't seen too much of Montpellier, but from what I have seen their scrum isn't the strongest. Their backs however are superb. I don't know too many of their names but Ranger, Trinh Duc and Amorosino are all quality players. We have to get to those players otherwise we could be in trouble. Hopefully we will have some players back, if Goneva and Mafi are fit it will be tough to leave them out.
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

The way Gibson has been playing, he starts at 6 for me.