Tigers v Montpellier - threads merged

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Team vs Montpellier

Post by PM76 »

Think Lamb over Williams is understandable, Williams will be a better player but, in a must-win HC game, if Floody gets injured after 2 minutes then Lamb is the better 10. Certainly should be a strong pack with excellent impact from the bench. Pretty certain that Morris is injured, but Scotty has been playing pretty well. Not convinced about Thompstone and Benjamin on the wing, I still think we need a second full back at 14 but given the size of the WR pitch they are less likely to be exposed. But there is a lot of attacking intent from 9-15 and with Goneva, Benjamin and Thompstone all on the field I would expect a few line-breaks with Flood at 10. Disappointed not to see TTTE start but it's hardly a surprise! Great to have Niki and Ed back too.

I still think Tigers will get the win by 5-10 points but only if the scrum and lineout perform! Big pressure on the front 5 :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Scandalous treatment of TTTE it is getting beyond a joke and if he does come off the bench no doubt it will be with 2mins to go :smt011

Jim Hamilton my least favourite player bar none, lets hope the Ref is alive to his off the ball specialities that he spends all game engaging in.

Shame still no Fluffy :smt017

Great news that Goneva is back and also Lamb is fit to be on the bench fingers crossed that we can pull this one out of the fire it will be a gruelling test for the forwards and RC must deploy the bench if we are to prevail :smt023
Last edited by sapajo on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Jim Hamilton is a product of Welford Road, nothing wrong with that, just he is up against one of the lads who were in front of him and he had to leave to get first team rugby. I like him, but he still isn't good enough to get into the Leicester match day squad.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

tigerburnie wrote:Jim Hamilton is a product of Welford Road, nothing wrong with that, just he is up against one of the lads who were in front of him and he had to leave to get first team rugby. I like him, but he still isn't good enough to get into the Leicester match day squad.

Still just an off the ball pony :smt023
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Can this thread be merged with the existing Tigers v Montpellier thread already in existence?

Pretty much happy with the team from a quick luck - great to see Goneva back. I think our front 8 are the key to building a platform (as always) but I'd also like to see us try and get Benjamin involved early as he looked dangerous v Gloucester… predicting a close one…hopefully we shade it
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Montpellier

Post by Noddy555 »

Please correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Steve Mafi played for us at lock before, He is certainly big and strong enough. I think I'd prefer him to Deaks.
barwelltiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by barwelltiger »

No Morris? Is he injured?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

barwelltiger wrote:No Morris? Is he injured?
Yep he was injured during his try attempt against London Irish
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

tigerburnie wrote:Cockers pre match speech for the players:-

)
Cry Huzzah! And unleash the dogs of war!

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Still keeping the faith!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Montpellier - threads merged

Post by Noddy555 »

Sapajo has lost it re TTE. Surely the fact that both Waldrom & Crane are switched means that Cockers is not set on either of them. Give Steve Mafi a
chance at 8. He never lets us down. When we lost the 2012 AP Final he was the
only Tiger that turned up on that day.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

tigerburnie wrote:Jim Hamilton is a product of Welford Road, nothing wrong with that, just he is up against one of the lads who were in front of him and he had to leave to get first team rugby. I like him, but he still isn't good enough to get into the Leicester match day squad.
Surely the tactic in playing Louis Deacon at the start is for him to "wind up " Jim Hamilton and for him to retaliate yet again & be carded - as happened with him at Gloucester & Scotland.
Yes it's a good move then bring on younger legs.
WE NEED A BONUS POINT WIN now Ulster have done it this evening.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Noddy555 wrote: When we lost the 2012 AP Final he was the
only Tiger that turned up on that day.

Agree this bit :smt023
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

wormus wrote:WE NEED A BONUS POINT WIN now Ulster have done it this evening.
Why? That's totally fatuous: Ulster didn't get a bonus point against Montpellier, in fact they only scored one try. Given our injuries ect, a win would do just fine. Then we need to win away at Montpellier, bonus point win vs Treviso and see what that leaves us with at home vs Ulster.

Edited TB :smt003
Last edited by youngtiger on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

youngtiger wrote:
wormus wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:WE NEED A BONUS POINT WIN now Ulster have done it this
Why? We got a bonus point win against Treviso as well. If we match them in the other games and then win at WR and deny them a losing bonus point we would go through
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Can't you lads read I never said that...................... :smt003
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.