Rumour has it

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Rumour has it

Post by jonlin »

All this rumour has know relevance. Come next season we will have the right man for the number ten shirt, Cockers will see to that. Top bloke are Richard.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Think people are quick to judge Burns on a performance behind that set of forwards - he still read our play beautifully for his try (with a bit of help from Garner) and is an incredible talent ball in hand.

Quite what Williams would make of the battle is something else though - there'd be no "elder statesman" for either of them to rely on - but Burns is used to that.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

A small part of me wants this rumour to come to fruition; one of Stuart Barnes' fancies moving to Leicester? I think that might be his "Mr Creosote's wafer" moment.
Reading Tiger

Post by Reading Tiger »

Freddie Burns.... Glos fans behind me on Friday were shouting "Get him off !"... Hopeless kicking, poor game management and got into a right strop when replaced as the kicker.
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

I thought Burns played fairly well the other night. His kicking off the tee was terrible but his kicking out of hand was sublime, him and twelvetrees had Leicester spending most of the time in their own half.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

We should be having a chat with our old pal Mr Mauger. Tom Talyor an excellent kicker able to play 10,12 and 15 and has been capped by the ABs at 10, is still only 24. Colin Slade aged 26, has played 10 for the ABs he's a reliable kicker and a talented playmaker. Was the pretender to Carter's crown before some injuries derailed his career a touch.

They are both on one year deals so could be able after next years Super 15. They are both at the Crusaders. They'll both get more games with Carter on sabbatical so we'll see what they can do and then target which one will suit us best. There's a glut of talented playmakers in NZ and Canterbury players tend to fit in well at Tigers.
tig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tig1 »

Mr Bean wrote:I thought Burns played fairly well the other night. His kicking off the tee was terrible but his kicking out of hand was sublime, him and twelvetrees had Leicester spending most of the time in their own half.
But they lost the game because of his kicking, and then the replacements kicking.

Its like having hookers who can't throw in, but claiming they are great in the loose. Or props that can't scrum but get around the park. You have to be able to the basics or your role.
Tiger Chris

Post by Tiger Chris »

Well if Allen is off to Leinster what about going for both of them. Slade at 10 and Taylor at 12 but both equally adept at the other and also both capable of covering 15. They would surly be able to unless manu and would be available all year round so you could build the team around them. I do however accept that we would be unlikely to be able to afford both of them
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

tigerburnie wrote:It is also rumoured in Glaws that Lamb might go back there as part of an exchange deal, that would leave us with Burns and Williams, which doesn't look too shabby if Toby does indeed replace Wilko( a rumour that could just have been started by me...................)
Burns is out of contract as I understand it, Lamb however isn't, why would we need to swap them?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

sam16111986 wrote:We should be having a chat with our old pal Mr Mauger. Tom Talyor an excellent kicker able to play 10,12 and 15 and has been capped by the ABs at 10, is still only 24. Colin Slade aged 26, has played 10 for the ABs he's a reliable kicker and a talented playmaker. Was the pretender to Carter's crown before some injuries derailed his career a touch.

They are both on one year deals so could be able after next years Super 15. They are both at the Crusaders. They'll both get more games with Carter on sabbatical so we'll see what they can do and then target which one will suit us best. There's a glut of talented playmakers in NZ and Canterbury players tend to fit in well at Tigers.
Good God and I thought George Ford was precocious!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

tig1 wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:I thought Burns played fairly well the other night. His kicking off the tee was terrible but his kicking out of hand was sublime, him and twelvetrees had Leicester spending most of the time in their own half.
But they lost the game because of his kicking, and then the replacements kicking.

Its like having hookers who can't throw in, but claiming they are great in the loose. Or props that can't scrum but get around the park. You have to be able to the basics or your role.
He didn't have his goal kicking boots but neither did the other kickers flood missed a very easy kick. I thought he controlled the game better than flood did and set Gloucester up with a good attacking platform.
Reading Tiger

Post by Reading Tiger »

Freddie Burns... Glos fans I spoke to on Friday were unhappy with Burns' current form, not just his kicking. A couple were even hoping for a return of Nicky Robinson. With his childish tantrum on being replaced as kicker (booed by the crowd), I doubt he'd be tolerated at Tigers.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Just to re-iterate Freddie Burns, No Way. I could do a better job myself, why
not entice Billy Twelvetrees back, his kicking and positional nous is ok and he doesn't get knocked over as much as he used to since he has put on a bit of muscle. all we need to do is to teach him how to tackle properly. Comments please?
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="Noddy555"]Just to re-iterate Freddie Burns, No Way. I could do a better job myself, why
not entice Billy Twelvetrees back, his kicking and positional nous is ok and he doesn't get knocked over as much as he used to since he has put on a bit of muscle. all we need to do is to teach him how to tackle properly. Comments please?[/quote]

Ignoring the fact that he wanted away from Leicester, he has recently agreed a new contract at Glaws, and he is a centre, not a 10.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

OK he (Burns) kicked poorly off the T but Dan Carter would not have done much behind that pack.