England v All Blacks

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SMS

Re: England v All Blacks

Post by SMS »

Good enough for the Lions but not for England !!
SMS

Post by SMS »

From The Guardian web site, you really could n't make it up!!

"It's a great achievement for Dylan to reach 50 caps. We are a young side but one that is growing with every game and it's important to have leaders like Dylan," the head coach Stuart Lancaster said
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

SMS wrote:"It's a great achievement for Dylan to reach 50 caps." the head coach Stuart Lancaster said
Considering his character, it's a blooming miracle!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Skin_and_Muscle wrote:With all the Tigers on the bench (minus Cole, but he never seems to get injured . . . touch wood) and a highly hypocritical and damaging coaching set up, I really couldn't care less about the result. As long as our players come through the game fresh, uninjured, and unhurt by the inevitable pasting at the hands of an exemplary side, I'm happy.
My sentiments exactly.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Of course the plan is that the starting team will allow the All Blacks to find their rhythm who will cut loose in the last 20 minutes when Lancaster will bring the Leicester boys on who will then get the blame for losing the game. He will take off Hartley, Lawes, Dickson and Farrell thereby protecting them for bigger things.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

loretta wrote:
SMS wrote:"It's a great achievement for Dylan to reach 50 caps." the head coach Stuart Lancaster said
Considering his character, it's a blooming miracle!
Well TY had a few wayward throws in the first two internationals, Hartley played v well against the Argies and nailed every throw. There's really not much to choose between these two hookers, but on form over the past couple of weeks it's a fair call by SL/GR.

On Hartley's leadership qualities...obviously Mallender/Saints regard him very highly, otherwise it would have been the easiest thing in the world to swap him for Wood this season (after the red in the AP final). The fact they didn't swap him is significant, and adds weight to SL's comments.

The problem with Hartley is he occasionally gets the red mist, not unlike our own former hooker and current DoR really!!
Soggypitch
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

From the original question... I reckon we can keep it to 10 points then we will have done well. You never know, Dylan may get another red or get injured and Farrell gets injured in his first tackle and then some proper players can come on.... ah well I can only dream :smt001
LessThanSte
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by LessThanSte »

The problem is that, regardless of team picked, England are insistent on playing one style, a style which barring mistakes from the opposition (or questionable blocking by teammates) or a moment of genius is unlikely to produce any real opportunities.

You cant win matches by relying on the opposition screwing up. Well, you can, against most teams but definitely not with New Zealand.

A win to NZ might burst the bubble, but on the rhetoric we hear I doubt it. More worrying, an England win because New Zealand make all sorts of mistakes, might be the worst thing that could possibly happen for the long term future!
#48 FTW :)
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

I don't think I would go as far down the conspiracy trail as some posters, but Lancaster does certainly seem to have favourites who are in the team however badly they play, and then others who are dropped instantly if they are not at the absolute peak of their game. All of out players seem to be in the latter category and I wonder how much of this is due to the press, who don't seem to appreciate us much.

What worries me though, is how much this is feeding into anti English feeling, which happens in League a lot (England has not picked my players, so I hope they lose). I must admit I am not there yet, but own to a hope that we get stuffed, Farrel, Dickinson, Lawes etc come off, out boys come on and turn it around
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Despite thoroughly believing our boys should all be starting on Saturday (as is natural) I will be supporting England 100%. Despite the bench spots, the Tigers boys still make up over 20% of the match day squad and they will all have a big impact on the game.

In terms of our prospects, I think that the only way we have a hope in hell of coming away with a victory is to play the much-maligned 10 man rugby. We simply do not have the backs to threaten out wide - no searing pace, no magic footwork, no brute power...and arguably not enough rugby grey-matter as well. That's not to say we play slow rugby. If we kick well and get in the right areas, then quick pick and goes, short range offloads and forwards charging round the corner of rucks may just build us some momentum. The only chance of winning is to physically dominate up front, and our pack (plus quality replacements in our 2 Lions and Morgan) can achieve that if they are all on their game. Easier said than done, however. South Africa threw everything at them in the Rugby Championship and the All Blacks didn't flinch.

My preview and predictions for the game are here: http://www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

So far, so as expected. Just have a feeling it is the Emperors New Clothes moment. Very soon Farrell will come off so Toby can take the blame?

Oh and I forgot to say - who appointed THAT ref?

Ignore the backs and play it Tigers style and parity is possible!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

What is Tomkins? Why is he even playing for England? Take him out please, he has literally given possession away every time he has touched the ball.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

We should just stick 15 forwards on and we may have a chance.

Exactly the same as previous. Pack is good. One of the best in the world currently. The backs are hopeless though.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Pack world class except Marler..
Backs absolutely fricking awful, except Brown
But of course Farrell is keeping us in it with his kicking...
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Lovely stuff from Farrell, Cruden called over to talk to the ref, Farrell pushes him away saying 'he's not the captain'. Neither are you Fazlet.