Transfer Rumours Thread 2013/2014 Season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfer Rumours Thread 2013/2014 Season

Post by ellis9 »

Well Freddie Burns just pretty much told the Rugby Club he is joining us. They asked him when the move to Leicester is going to be announced and he laughed and said no comment and looked really awkward. In my view, that's basically a yes I'm joint Tigers
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Been sewn up for weeks - I for one am extremely excited about his arrival. For my money he's more of a "natural" than Toby - but the effort, drive and determination of Toby is what has seen him become the better player - if Burns can match that from his starting position we could be in for some show.
tigerinireland

Post by tigerinireland »

kornboy130 wrote:Been sewn up for weeks - I for one am extremely excited about his arrival. For my money he's more of a "natural" than Toby - but the effort, drive and determination of Toby is what has seen him become the better player - if Burns can match that from his starting position we could be in for some show.

He really reminds me of his hero and mentor. I think he isngoing to develop into the best 10 with the ball in his hands in the country. Cant wait to see him set our backline loose. With Manu back and maybe Thomas on the way we aee in for some entertainment.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

tigerinireland wrote:
kornboy130 wrote: Been sewn up for weeks - I for one am extremely excited about his arrival. For my money he's more of a "natural" than Toby - but the effort, drive and determination of Toby is what has seen him become the better player - if Burns can match that from his starting position we could be in for some show.

He really reminds me of his hero and mentor. I think he isngoing to develop into the best 10 with the ball in his hands in the country. Cant wait to see him set our backline loose. With Manu back and maybe Thomas on the way we aee in for some entertainment.
Carlos Spencer?
tigerinireland

Post by tigerinireland »

kornboy130 wrote:
tigerinireland wrote:
kornboy130 wrote: Been sewn up for weeks - I for one am extremely excited about his arrival. For my money he's more of a "natural" than Toby - but the effort, drive and determination of Toby is what has seen him become the better player - if Burns can match that from his starting position we could be in for some show.

Carlos Spencer?
Yeh, I thought I put his name in! Apologies.
jauzy19
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by jauzy19 »

Fabien Barcella (LH prop, Biarritz) close to sign for Leicester Tigers.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Interesting. We definitely need more depth at prop. Seems like a good experienced head. How has he scrummaged this season?
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

jauzy19 wrote:Fabien Barcella (LH prop, Biarritz) close to sign for Leicester Tigers.
That's an interesting signing if true, he has played in a World Cup and has 20 caps for France. 30 years old so by no means a youngster but he still has a few years left in him. This suggests to me that Stankovich is leaving and that Logo and Barcella will provide backup for Cole and Ayerza with Balmain and Bristow developing. I like that signing quite a lot if true, it would leave us with prop resources of

1.Ayerza/ Barcella/ Logo / Bristow
3.Cole/ Logo/ Balmain/ Schuster?
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

jauzy19 wrote:Fabien Barcella (LH prop, Biarritz) close to sign for Leicester Tigers.
If true would be a fantastic signing as long as he doesn't do a Schuster who if he doesn't appear in the next 2 lv squads will not be here next season.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Decent signing.

Not that great if you're Fraser Balmain mind.
Last edited by kornboy130 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Are we going to be linked with every Biarritz player, although we do like to get to French players together, Dupey and Kayser, Mele and Schuster.

What is the deal on Balmains contract? Although it should change Balmin situation atm.

would like to see Pasquali and Brugnara getting more involved next season esp in the LV. could have 2/3rds of the Italy front row in the future.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

RagingBull wrote:Are we going to be linked with every Biarritz player, although we do like to get to French players together, Dupey and Kayser, Mele and Schuster.

What is the deal on Balmains contract? Although it should change Balmin situation atm.

would like to see Pasquali and Brugnara getting more involved next season esp in the LV. could have 2/3rds of the Italy front row in the future.
It's a good place to go shopping at the moment - a lot of good players out of contract, we've just had a salary cap increase and the atmosphere seems to be extremely toxic in that neck of the woods at the moment leading to probable relegation for a once great club.
snoopster

Post by snoopster »

kornboy130 wrote:Decent signing.

Not that great if you're Fraser Balmain mind.
Hopefully it will see Schuster go (since it really seems not to be working at Tigers for him )and Balmain drop to third choice as he was intended to be this season (allowing him to head out on loan for a season as a first choice at Nottingham or somewhere, rather than sitting on the bench hoping he gets 5 minutes every few games).
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

When you look at our backline if all were fit it would be incredible Youngs, Flood, Allen, Tuilagi, Benjamin, Goneva and Tait adding in Camacho to the mix but Lady luck doesn't seem willing to allow that at present...Alas hopefully we can see it this season before Goneva has cashed in at Castres..Sivatu and Goneva on the wings beware Castres next season..
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Ayerza, Barcella, Schuster, Bristow
Youngs, Hawkins, Briggs, Thacker
Cole, Mulipola, Balmain, Pasquali

Looks good enough to me. Barcella just a straight swap for Boris in effect.