Transfer Rumours Thread 2013/2014 Season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Transfer Rumours Thread 2013/2014 Season

Post by TigerLad »

kornboy130 wrote:I don't really have a problem with the foreign aspect to the team provided they put in and identify with the club.

It's easy to pick examples of players who have gone either way - but Pat Howard's words of "Make sure you look after my club" when moving back down south, or Darly Gibson's "I'd mow the lawns if it meant I could stay" - or the numerous contributions of players such as Murphy, Stranksy, Kronfeld etc etc.

As for the quality of our squad next year - I'm really chuffed with the quality of signings we've made - if this 23 can take the pitch in form then we'll be looking excellent:

1.Ayerza
2.Youngs
3.Cole
4.Slater
5.Parling
6.Croft
7.Salvi
8.Crane
9.Youngs
10.Burns
11.Benjamin
12.Allen
13.Tuilagi
14.Goneva
15.Tait

16.Ghiraldini
17.Mulipola
18.Rizzo
19.Kitchener
20.Barbieri
21.Mele
22.Williams
23.Morris

And there is a lot of scope for that shifting around - notable absentees are Morris, Thompstone, Loamanu, Gibson, Matera and Bowden amongst others - though we can't be sure if the last two will be with us.

If we get the rub of the green with injuries (we deserve it after this season!) then we should be looking sweet - whatever the nationality.
That team looks fantastic although on current form I'd have Williams ahead of Burns. I can't wait to see Loamanu, you could put him on the bench and he covers back row, wing, centre and fullback. He's also a monster who will really scare defenders. Still got to finish this season first though and hope/expect to retain our title. :smt027
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Hope those Italians are going to be Ok for us, Treviso now bottom of Rabo, even Zebre have climbed above them, although played 1 more match :smt017
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

LE18 wrote:Hope those Italians are going to be Ok for us, Treviso now bottom of Rabo, even Zebre have climbed above them, although played 1 more match :smt017
The players we have signed are probably their best players
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

LE18 wrote:Hope those Italians are going to be Ok for us, Treviso now bottom of Rabo, even Zebre have climbed above them, although played 1 more match :smt017
This has been mentioned before, we are signing 2 current italain internationals 1 of which gilhrandi is considered to be one of the best hookers in the NH, and Barberi has been the highest try scoring forward in the rabo and is number 2 number 8 behind Parisse and is also a damn good 7.

Loamanu is a brilliant depth player and cause huge havoc against us.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Old news really but this conversation between YBY and Burns on twitter seems to suggest the deals done. Youngsy responding to Burns writing a message of how much he will miss Glaws and how much he has enjoyed his time.

@benyoungs09: @FreddieBurns #crymeariver #enjoythemiddlepeginthesmalltimechangingroom

@FreddieBurns: @benyoungs09 haha cheers youngsy pal! #startingfromthebottom
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Watched most of Treviso's game tonight with Brendan Williams making his 250th app Well done to him!!
As far as our "signings" are concerned only the hooker showed up! Luke McLean on his way to Sale been announced tonight Treviso have a lot of rebuilding to do for next season & their now bottom of the Rabble not looking good for them!!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Treviso have gone violently backwards this year. Bit worrying for them, and a bit sad considering they have made steady progress in the last few seasons. All our new boys are fine players though.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Treviso do seem to have fallen apart, didnt they finish mid table within the past couple of years? This problem will be compounded by the poaching of most of their top players like Ghiraldini, Barbieri, Rizzo, Mclean, Loamanu and De Marchi, Lets just hope they can come back stronger
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

GT1 wrote:Watched most of Treviso's game tonight with Brendan Williams making his 250th app Well done to him!!
As far as our "signings" are concerned only the hooker showed up! Luke McLean on his way to Sale been announced tonight Treviso have a lot of rebuilding to do for next season & their now bottom of the Rabble not looking good for them!!
Wasnt it only Ghiraldini that was playing out of our new signings?
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

I thought that's what I said kpj?
Treviso's season probably started to go off the rails when their coach of many years Franco Smith left just before Christmas :smt023
Having been to Treviso & loved the weekend's (especially the first trip when the wine/food festival was on) I do have a soft spot for them & always look for their score if I can't find the game on TV! Hope they can turn it round as their fans deserve it, great proper rugby club!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

GT1 wrote:I thought that's what I said kpj?
Treviso's season probably started to go off the rails when their coach of many years Franco Smith left just before Christmas :smt023
Having been to Treviso & loved the weekend's (especially the first trip when the wine/food festival was on) I do have a soft spot for them & always look for their score if I can't find the game on TV! Hope they can turn it round as their fans deserve it, great proper rugby club!
So you did, must have completely misread what you put :smt009
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Jerome Schuster to Tarbes as per the LTUSM twitter feed (usually reliable).

Will be interesting to see how we go in our hunt for a replacement - Perpignan have just been relegated and have ample resources in this area - but depends if we cna compete.

Sebastien Taofifenua has moved to Bordeaux already.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Sport/Rugby ... 060000.htm

Thanks to Burton Tiger for this.

Joe Cain retires aged 21.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Shame for Joe Cain, speaking of the LTUSM it was posted up a month or so back that we had signed a young Portuguese lock called Paolo Fril into the academy

http://leicestertigersultrasubmarines.b ... gning.html
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Yeah, that story was on April 1st... And look what happens when you rearrange the letters of his name....