Transfer Rumours Thread 2013/2014 Season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Winno11

Re: Transfer Rumours Thread 2013/2014 Season

Post by Winno11 »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote:Also, didn't the initial rumour around Pohe suggest he was under contract? Therefore wouldn't be allowed to just leave without Tigers say so. Sounds like a loan if true. Broaden his horizons, as. Don't see him unseating Fofana anymore than he will Allen at this stage.
Maybe Fofana is coming the other way?? suppose we can dream :smt005

I think we defiantly need another prop, has anymore been announced about Dan Cole, he sits near me and doesn't seem to be in much pain with normal day to day activities but scrummaging isn't an every day activity for most people
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

With all these new players -Ghiraldi ,Barbieri , Rizzo , Loamanu , Bai to go with our present ones Mulipola , Goneva ,Tuilagi etc ;I have even heard Corieltauvi is also being linked to Tigers. True Brits !!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

wormus wrote:Corieltauvi is also being linked to Tigers!!
Who?
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

A tribe from Britain whose capital was Leicester I believe.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Cockers said that we are done with signing players for next season on the radio although I still have hope that we have another Polynesian monster lined up. Watching Nathan Hughes today and last week for Wasps reminded me that Opeti Fonua had a relegation clause in his contract which would meant he could be signed for free if Bayonne go down (which is likely) .I imagine Matera will have to make a decision regarding his future very soon, if he does decide to leave then Fonua could sign as an 8 and Barbieri could play as more of a 7. That would leave us with a very nice selection of back rows.

6.Croft/Mafi/Gibson
7.Salvi/Barbieri/Gibson
8.Crane/ Fonua / Pearce
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Agreed Tigerlad, if Matera does go I hope we can get Fonua, this would give us the best backrow options in the League
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

TigerLad wrote:Cockers said that we are done with signing players for next season on the radio although I still have hope that we have another Polynesian monster lined up. Watching Nathan Hughes today and last week for Wasps reminded me that Opeti Fonua had a relegation clause in his contract which would meant he could be signed for free if Bayonne go down (which is likely) .I imagine Matera will have to make a decision regarding his future very soon, if he does decide to leave then Fonua could sign as an 8 and Barbieri could play as more of a 7. That would leave us with a very nice selection of back rows.

6.Croft/Mafi/Gibson
7.Salvi/Barbieri/Gibson
8.Crane/ Fonua / Pearce
Whilst I would love to see Fonua here, I just can't see it happening cos Bayonne will not go down. they have 50 points and are 4th from bottom on points difference from Oyonnax and Perpignan who both have 50 pts but with much more difficult last games. Perp have to go to Clermont and get more points than both Oyonnax and Bayonne to avoid relegation. Oyonnax have to go to Brive and get more pts than Bayonne who have a home game against Castres. Yes the results could go against Bayonne but the likelyhood is that they will stay up and Fonua will not be avaiable.
Hehehehehehehehe
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

trendylfj wrote:
TigerLad wrote:Cockers said that we are done with signing players for next season on the radio although I still have hope that we have another Polynesian monster lined up. Watching Nathan Hughes today and last week for Wasps reminded me that Opeti Fonua had a relegation clause in his contract which would meant he could be signed for free if Bayonne go down (which is likely) .I imagine Matera will have to make a decision regarding his future very soon, if he does decide to leave then Fonua could sign as an 8 and Barbieri could play as more of a 7. That would leave us with a very nice selection of back rows.

6.Croft/Mafi/Gibson
7.Salvi/Barbieri/Gibson
8.Crane/ Fonua / Pearce
Whilst I would love to see Fonua here, I just can't see it happening cos Bayonne will not go down. they have 50 points and are 4th from bottom on points difference from Oyonnax and Perpignan who both have 50 pts but with much more difficult last games. Perp have to go to Clermont and get more points than both Oyonnax and Bayonne to avoid relegation. Oyonnax have to go to Brive and get more pts than Bayonne who have a home game against Castres. Yes the results could go against Bayonne but the likelyhood is that they will stay up and Fonua will not be avaiable.
This is the table right now

Grenoble 54
Oyannax 51
Perpignan 50
Bayonne 50
Biarritz 30

Biarritz are already down so it's between Grenoble, Oyannax, Perpignan and Bayonne to join them. It will be very close but Bayonne could still easily go down.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

[quote="TigerLad]

Grenoble 54
Oyannax 51
Perpignan 50
Bayonne 50
Biarritz 30

Biarritz are already down so it's between Grenoble, Oyannax, Perpignan and Bayonne to join them. It will be very close but Bayonne could still easily go down.[/quote]

Planet Rugby has it as this:

http://www.planetrugby.co.uk/tables/0,2 ... 18,00.html

Pos Team P W D L F A PD B Pts

10. Grenoble 25 11 2 12 457 587 -130 5 53
11. Bayonne 25 10 1 14 401 536 -135 8 50
12. Oyonnax 25 11 1 13 439 543 -104 4 50
13. Perpignan 25 10 1 14 464 568 -104 8 50
14. Biarritz 25 5 1 19 354 602 -248 8 30

as do SKY Sports :smt017

http://www1.skysports.com/rugbyunion/co ... p14/tables

Unless there are games ongoing that are not included, or that I can't see from my overseas internet void :smt002 but Bayonne could still go down from there.

Did try to align the table for ease of reading but it keeps reverting...
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Whilst agreeing that Bayonne COULD go down I just can't see it happening. For that to happen Perpignan have to get something at Clermont which is their last fixture and Oyonnax have to get something at Brive, their last fixture which is more possible than Perpignan's task. Even if that does happen then if Bayonne win at home to Castres or match what the other 2 get then Bayoone stay up. Just can't see them going down.
Hehehehehehehehe
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

What differentiates when sides are level on points? Because on this Oyonnax have not not won more matches than Bayonne but have a better points difference, yet are listed below them.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

WhitecapTiger wrote:[quote="TigerLad]

Grenoble 54
Oyannax 51
Perpignan 50
Bayonne 50
Biarritz 30

Biarritz are already down so it's between Grenoble, Oyannax, Perpignan and Bayonne to join them. It will be very close but Bayonne could still easily go down.
Planet Rugby has it as this:

http://www.planetrugby.co.uk/tables/0,2 ... 18,00.html

Pos Team P W D L F A PD B Pts

10. Grenoble 25 11 2 12 457 587 -130 5 53
11. Bayonne 25 10 1 14 401 536 -135 8 50
12. Oyonnax 25 11 1 13 439 543 -104 4 50
13. Perpignan 25 10 1 14 464 568 -104 8 50
14. Biarritz 25 5 1 19 354 602 -248 8 30

as do SKY Sports :smt017

http://www1.skysports.com/rugbyunion/co ... p14/tables

Unless there are games ongoing that are not included, or that I can't see from my overseas internet void :smt002 but Bayonne could still go down from there.

Did try to align the table for ease of reading but it keeps reverting...[/quote][/quote]

The app I use is usually correct but it must have been sorting the table by games won like we do in England. I can't believe Perpignan could be relegated. It was only 5 years ago that they were top 14 champions and competing in the HC. I suppose that goes to show how unsustainable the French model is.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Done some research on the french rules and wicki says the following:

Competition points earned in head-to-head matches
Points difference in head-to-head matches
Try differential in head-to-head matches
Points difference in all matches
Try differential in all matches
Points scored in all matches
Tries scored in all matches

Thats seems to be why the table by itself mays little sense to us.
Hehehehehehehehe
jauzy19
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by jauzy19 »

L Smith wrote:The monster 8 was Opeti Fonua. Unfortunately, he was only available if Bayonne were relegated
Fonua is overweight and :censored:. I'm sure Bayonne would be happy to release him for free. He's now their 3rd choice number 8 after Haare and young Ollivon. Really i don't understand why you are excited by his potential signing. Leicester is still one the best clubs in Europe, isn't it ?
doogie

Post by doogie »

It's a bit worrying that 3 of our rumoured new signings (Loamanu, Barbieri & Ghiraldini) from Treviso, played in the 62-7 thrashing by Leinster this weekend. Are we really strengthening our squad with these players or just buying another load of Jerrome Schuster's who will never be heard of until they get loaned out somewhere else?