Transfer Rumours Thread 2013/2014 Season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Transfer Rumours Thread 2013/2014 Season

Post by baz1664 »

Id play him wherever he is going to get most ball and 8 could be that place, with him smashing holes up the middle and allowing the likes of Manu and Goneva to follow up is going to be destructive, Loamanu is the kind of player tigers have been shouting out for and should give us that X factor!!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

hugh78 wrote:It says on that link that baz1664 posted that he's actually played 8 in the past. I wouldn't be too surprised if Loamanu turns up at the back of the pack for us!
Indeed; during our HEC meetings this season he played on the wing at WR

http://www.leicestertigers.com/rugby/18009.php

And at Flanker in the return leg in Italy

http://www.leicestertigers.com/rugby/18651.php

Versatility :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

baz1664 wrote:http://www.ovguide.com/christian-loaman ... 0013a333f4

6 minutes of destruction from the big man, could be the signing of next season!!
When he had dreadlocks on a few of those clips I genuinely thought it was Alesana. Wouldn't want to have to organise the defense against us next year, who do you double up on when we have 3 monsters in the back line? All these big players can only be a good thing. It does look like Matera will be off at the end of the season though. Barbieri and Loamanu both cover back row and unfortunately that seems to spell the end of Matera at WR which is very disappointing because I think this lad will go right to the very top. The squad looks superb for next season though and if we aren't hampered by injuries I think the league is ours to lose. Look at the wingers we will have at our disposal. Morris, Loamanu, Benjamin, Goneva, Camacho, Thompstone, Scully, Hamilton, Smith and Purdy. That is an incredible set of wingers which will give us the chance to alternate our style of play whenever we like. If it's wet and windy go for Morris and Scully and if the grounds are hard go for Goneva and Loamanu. They seem to like him in Treviso http://italianrugbynews.com/2012/08/loa ... -williams/

Now all we've got to do is find another Logo at tighthead and we will be sorted!
:smt026
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

News RE: Goneva contract.

The saga began in November with the signing of a preliminary contract by Goneva for three seasons at Castres Olympique, comes to an end. Fijian winger or center (30 years) is rehired for the next three seasons with the Tigers. It is a blow to the defending champion thus sees a rookie spinning weight. Especially at the same time, Leicester also got signed Seremaia Bai. Fiji center or opener Castres (35, 57 caps) has signed for two years with the Tigers. Recruiting Bai was also not intended to compensate the possible departure of Goneva as we explained our English source. "We wanted to bring Bai recruiting experience to our line of three quarters following the departure of Toby Flood (who signed for Toulouse). "
Castres without recourse? The Castres Olympique, who managed to keep Rory Kockott despite the preliminary contract signed by the South African half mixed with Toulon, is found in the opposite situation. Saturday, Mathias Rolland did not want to confirm the information on the lurch of Goneva, but the manager CO explained: "When we sign a pre-contract, we generally fix a clause very high forfeit. "According to our information, it would amount to EUR 500 000. A sum that CO may claim Goneva, but not in Leicester. However, under the law "Mamuka Gorgodze", which had re-signed to a pre-contract with Montpellier despite the RCT in 2011, for the preliminary contract to be valid, the document must be written in the original language of the player. Fijian for Goneva. This was not the case. In addition, the player playing in England, the law is different and further protects the players. And unlike France where clubs arrange them (Castres paid 300,000 euros to Toulon), the Tigers do not intend to compensate the Castres Olympique.

From the castres forum from L'Equipe.

Cohen is the master of contracts so this could get interesting.

Also sounds like Bai is a definite.
tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerfeet13 »

Michele Rizzo has been followed on twitter by a number of Tigers players today. In the past that has signalled a done deal.
@mikyrispoli on Twitter.
Rugby Special... Is the Tigers!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Updated for Chuter, Pohe, Hepetema and Goneva.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

kornboy130 wrote:Updated for Chuter, Pohe, Hepetema and Goneva.
missed Pohe & Hepetame - shame if they go, think they will develop in to good players.

I am not so sure matera is a good fit for us atm, we would only be able to develop him in season, and for us (hopefully) challenging for top honours is a big ask and a risk, maybe better to learn his trade elsewhere and maybe come back in a couple of years?
cheers
Rich
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

RagingBull wrote:News RE: Goneva contract.

The saga began in November with the signing of a preliminary contract by Goneva for three seasons at Castres Olympique, comes to an end. Fijian winger or center (30 years) is rehired for the next three seasons with the Tigers. It is a blow to the defending champion thus sees a rookie spinning weight. Especially at the same time, Leicester also got signed Seremaia Bai. Fiji center or opener Castres (35, 57 caps) has signed for two years with the Tigers. Recruiting Bai was also not intended to compensate the possible departure of Goneva as we explained our English source. "We wanted to bring Bai recruiting experience to our line of three quarters following the departure of Toby Flood (who signed for Toulouse). "
Castres without recourse? The Castres Olympique, who managed to keep Rory Kockott despite the preliminary contract signed by the South African half mixed with Toulon, is found in the opposite situation. Saturday, Mathias Rolland did not want to confirm the information on the lurch of Goneva, but the manager CO explained: "When we sign a pre-contract, we generally fix a clause very high forfeit. "According to our information, it would amount to EUR 500 000. A sum that CO may claim Goneva, but not in Leicester. However, under the law "Mamuka Gorgodze", which had re-signed to a pre-contract with Montpellier despite the RCT in 2011, for the preliminary contract to be valid, the document must be written in the original language of the player. Fijian for Goneva. This was not the case. In addition, the player playing in England, the law is different and further protects the players. And unlike France where clubs arrange them (Castres paid 300,000 euros to Toulon), the Tigers do not intend to compensate the Castres Olympique.

From the castres forum from L'Equipe.

Cohen is the master of contracts so this could get interesting.

Also sounds like Bai is a definite.

Had a word with some lawyers on this at the weekend (they were dead chuffed to spend their saturday running through employment law with me) - but they said in international instances a pre-contract is much more binding in France than in the UK and as such it would be difficult for Castres to gain any compensation.

Lucky for us - because 500,000 Euros is more than we'd be willing to pay I'd imagine.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

If we lose Pohe we have a problem. An excellent prospect and now looking to get out because we've signed a 35 year old (and on a two year contract, I don't understand that).

I know the club is reluctant to bring through players likely to be in internationals due to the amount we suffer during the AIs and Six Nations but surely keeping a youngster like Pohe is better than signing a 35 year old journeyman? Am I the only one thinking that?
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

There I don't want to say I told you so, but I did tell you over 3 months ago. Oh! Ye of little faith That Niki Goneva would sign an extension to his contract, at all times believe the wise old owl who is Noddy555. Unfortunately my powers of divination don't run to predicting lottery numbers or I would now be posting from either France or the Bahamas.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

I agree entirely.
A life long Tiger
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TTRITH wrote:If we lose Pohe we have a problem. An excellent prospect and now looking to get out because we've signed a 35 year old (and on a two year contract, I don't understand that).

I know the club is reluctant to bring through players likely to be in internationals due to the amount we suffer during the AIs and Six Nations but surely keeping a youngster like Pohe is better than signing a 35 year old journeyman? Am I the only one thinking that?
I think bai was signed not only as a 12 but because he is a :censored: good 10 and plays there regularly for castres as well as 12 and therefore if as some reckon Williams could be playing for wales next season he is there to cover that which we currently don't have in the youngsters with burns starting.

If you look at the castres board there rate Bai very, very highly and with the WC coming up could prove to be very handy.

Reckon pohe and Heptema would be considered 3rd/4th choice next season, we will see what happens.

But bai imo is much more than a journeyman 12 he provides very good cover at a key position (10).

Also it will be up to the club to release both players, as opposed to the players not signing a new deal.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Id be surprised if the tigers let Pohe leave, he has been a project since signing for the tigers at 16, money and time would have been spent on his development and he has the potential to be a Manu type monster of a player, Cockers will know when he is ready to be pitched into the big games, Notts always offers the tigers to ship players out like Pohe for some game time, I think Bai has been signed to mainly cover fly half, it is more than likelly that Williams and Burns could easily be picked for there countries and Bai offers that experienced international player who can step in, I think a wise signing and one that won't stunt the development of players like Pohe.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

TTRITH wrote:If we lose Pohe we have a problem. An excellent prospect and now looking to get out because we've signed a 35 year old (and on a two year contract, I don't understand that).

This does a disservice to Bai in terms of quality.

However in terms of age and potential, it is disappointing that Pohe feels the need to move on. We need depth at 10 which Bai has been signed for so I'm not sure in the logic of him thinking he'll be behind Bai or won't be able to prove himself a better asset.

Also it's just a rumour and both are under contract for next season - so it's unlikely we'll lose them unless we feel covered.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Lots of talk about Tigers seeking to sign a monster No 8. Have we signed one and if so who is it?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity