Transfer Rumours Thread 2013/2014 Season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfer Rumours Thread 2013/2014 Season

Post by kornboy130 »

I wouldn't be surprised to see Schuster move the other way...
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Mail on Sunday report Marlon Yarde has signed for Harlquins next season on 200K a year.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

If the Thomas rumour is true then would rather have him than Yarde.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Shamelessly re-located from the unoffy:

"The Rugby Paper say today that Opeti Fonua is on his way and that wee are looking at Christian Loamanu a Treviso franker."

Fonua - bit of a unit (understatement)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrDWUGVakB4

Tongan No8, maybe Steeeeeeeeve Mafi had a word?

Loamanu we know from our recent matches against Treviso where he played in the backs, on the wing at WR and at Flanker in Treviso IIRC.

I did hear, nothing more than a terrace rumour though, that Waldrom & Crane were both on their way out, Waldrom obviously now signed for Chiefs. Not really sure about that one, and no idea when Crane's contract is up, but throw it into the mix.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Well RC said he wanted to sign a Monster No8 hope its true we can badly use him to punch some holes :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

I don't see why Balmain would be unhappy if the Biarritz prop came in ? Surely competition is good and if you work hard enough and keep your head down you'll get the rewards. If you fall short, then either leave or work harder. Brutal I know, but that's rugby at Tigers, whether you've come through the Academy or have just come across from France.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

In first post:

Yarde to Quins updated.
Pearce confirmed.
Fonua as good as signed.
Thomas as good as signed.
Barcella likely to be signed.

Christian Loamanu also now linked with us.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: I did hear, nothing more than a terrace rumour though, that Waldrom & Crane were both on their way out, Waldrom obviously now signed for Chiefs. Not really sure about that one, and no idea when Crane's contract is up, but throw it into the mix.
Crane is to be re-offered a contract I believe after the initial offer was taken off the table when they were "deciding" between he and Thomas. I'd wager he stays, probably on a 3 year contract given the post on the unoffy.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Looks like we are beefing up a bit.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Fonua will be a great signing if true. All too often we've come up against top teams and been out muscled. I like Waldrom and Crane but neither of them are really international class and I think Fonua could be. To have Crane, Fonua and Pearce all battling out for the 8 shirt would be fantastic as they all add different things. Pearce is clearly a project and could be special from what Rotherham fans have seen and they've seen Dickinson and Copeland in recent years. Loamanu is interesting. When we played Treviso at WR I remember thinking that he was having a very good game and that we could do with a monster like that out in the wing, something we haven't had since Alex left. He can also cover the back row and fullback so would definetely add something different to what we currently have. The Fonua signing excites me the most though, while we clearly need to have more to our game than size, a 6 foot 6, 23 stone ball of Polynesian muscle can't hurt can it? :smt023
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

kornboy130 wrote:
WhitecapTiger wrote: I did hear, nothing more than a terrace rumour though, that Waldrom & Crane were both on their way out, Waldrom obviously now signed for Chiefs. Not really sure about that one, and no idea when Crane's contract is up, but throw it into the mix.
Crane is to be re-offered a contract I believe after the initial offer was taken off the table when they were "deciding" between he and Thomas. I'd wager he stays, probably on a 3 year contract given the post on the unoffy.
Cheers kornboy130. As I said, just a rumour on the terrace, someone's opinion or a whisper on the wind no doubt.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
kornboy130 wrote:
Cheers kornboy130. As I said, just a rumour on the terrace, someone's opinion or a whisper on the wind no doubt.
I heard it the other way, that TTTE was always on the way out, but there were second thoughts on keeping Crane for a while, and the increase in cap meant we could keep him through to a benefit. Also will repeat rumour about LI making a big offer to Bozza.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

By Bozza do you mean Boris or Bowden. Bowden is apparently considering a few offers. Boris is allegedly of to the NG Dragons.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

sam16111986 wrote:By Bozza do you mean Boris or Bowden. Bowden is apparently considering a few offers. Boris is allegedly of to the NG Dragons.
Boris. He has been approached by LI.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

WhitecapTiger wrote:Shamelessly re-located from the unoffy:

"The Rugby Paper say today that Opeti Fonua is on his way and that wee are looking at Christian Loamanu a Treviso franker."

Fonua - bit of a unit (understatement)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrDWUGVakB4

Tongan No8, maybe Steeeeeeeeve Mafi had a word?

Loamanu we know from our recent matches against Treviso where he played in the backs, on the wing at WR and at Flanker in Treviso IIRC.

I did hear, nothing more than a terrace rumour though, that Waldrom & Crane were both on their way out, Waldrom obviously now signed for Chiefs. Not really sure about that one, and no idea when Crane's contract is up, but throw it into the mix.
Loving the YouTube clip: I would pay good money to see Jonny replaced by Fazlett in that video :smt037 :smt037 :smt041 :smt041 :smt026
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man