Transfer Rumours Thread 2013/2014 Season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Transfer Rumours Thread 2013/2014 Season

Post by L Smith »

Regarding Opeti Fonua... clearly, his attributes speak for themselves, having watched a few highlights. The question for me is, if he's playing for a top 14 side, why wouldn't one of the big French sides be in for him, ahead of Tigers? :smt017
Admittedly, I don't get to watch a great deal of Top 14 games, so I would welcome any insight from people who do.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Valhalla I am coming!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

fleabane wrote:We want someone " big and nasty!"

http://www.espn.co.uk/england/rugby/story/211645.html
Happy Days the club has answered my prayers :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

L Smith wrote:Regarding Opeti Fonua... clearly, his attributes speak for themselves, having watched a few highlights. The question for me is, if he's playing for a top 14 side, why wouldn't one of the big French sides be in for him, ahead of Tigers? :smt017
Admittedly, I don't get to watch a great deal of Top 14 games, so I would welcome any insight from people who do.

the same could've been said of Kayser and Dupey, our any player. Sometimes players want a change of league. Who knows.

Maybe steve Mafi has had a word or two to him.

Like ayerza and Camcho to Matera.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Valhalla I am coming!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

L Smith wrote:Regarding Opeti Fonua... clearly, his attributes speak for themselves, having watched a few highlights. The question for me is, if he's playing for a top 14 side, why wouldn't one of the big French sides be in for him, ahead of Tigers? :smt017
The last two French players we signed before this season went on to get international honours very quickly. Our reputation for development stretches quite far it seems - and Thomas has a lot of potential.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

kornboy130 wrote:
The last two French players we signed before this season went on to get international honours very quickly. Our reputation for development stretches quite far it seems - and Thomas has a lot of potential.
Lucas Guillame and Luix Roussarie?

:)
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

4071 wrote:
kornboy130 wrote:
Lucas Guillame and Luix Roussarie?

:)
You win this round... :smt002

*2 players of potential coming from strong French sides - Julien Dupuy and Benjamin Kayser.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Didn't Lucas Guillaume primarily come to study, but somehow stumbled into our academy?
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

I believe 4071 was being cheeky Darc - but yes that is the case.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Darc Tiger wrote:Didn't Lucas Guillaume primarily come to study, but somehow stumbled into our academy?
Yeah, he came to study at De Montfort uni last year and has stayed on at the academy. I would love Fonua to join, he is the definition if a monster. Put it this way Henry Tuilagi is/was 128kg and 6,1, Fonua is 135kg and 6,6.... It would certainly add to our pack in the sense that we don't really have a monster in the back row, someone to make the big hit or carry and inspire the team. It would be nice to be a bit more of a nasty team as all too often I think we are too nice, Fonua hitting fly halves hard is a tactic that would be nice to use on Northampton.
Brianf

Post by Brianf »

Toby Flood explains why he is leaving Tigers...

http://sport.uk.msn.com/rugby-union/flo ... as-tough-1
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Toby Flood wrote:"But other bits and pieces came into it, like the England situation and where I wanted to be and what opportunities I may have.

"It came down to what felt right for me over the next three or four years.

"It was a hugely close call but there were three or four factors that made me think this was my last shot at it, if I wanted to go (abroad)."
To me sounds like England was the biggest factor imho.
tigerinireland

Post by tigerinireland »

Any body care to tell me the likelihood of re-signing Pablo Matera? He is a huge talent and re-signing would go a long way towards ensuring our future prosperity.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

tigerinireland wrote:Any body care to tell me the likelihood of re-signing Pablo Matera? He is a huge talent and re-signing would go a long way towards ensuring our future prosperity.
Depends with the Cap rise we may be able to re-sign him, depends if he will want to stay or not.