Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Transfer Rumours Thread 2013/2014 Season

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

amazing tiger wrote:is darc tiger high up though
Never asked them..."Darc Tiger, are you high up the transfer/Tigers food chain? And in light of that, Amazing Tiger, how high up are you in the aforementioned food chain? :smt002 A guess school friend may know?
There is never any points for 2nd place...
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Could definitely hack having Sharples here.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

No need for another lock. De Chaves looks good, and we have some good youngsters
I have not seen enough of De Chaves to know, which young locks are ready to take us to the next level, we could have done with something yesterday as I did not enjoy dozy Borthwick dominating us!
Last edited by The Boy Dave on Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheery chappy
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

amazing tiger wrote:i have a friend who is quite high up in the staffordshire rfu and he reckons we have signed sharples and burns
Signed? As in, ink dry on contract? Before we're even allowed to talk to other Prem Club players?

Cockers has admitted we've spoken to Burns's representatives so maybe they've assured Tigers that he intends to sign - different to actually having signed. Maybe his agent will tell us on 31st Dec that he will sign for us then on 1st Jan Glaws will tell us he's extended his contract with them……..

If true, and ever proven, then IMO either Tigers, or your friend, have been very stupid. People with loose lips like that shouldn't really be in 'high places' IMO, sounds like a bit of 'knowledge is power' and some personal 'kudos' to me, both dangerous in the wrong hands - or mouths. A trust broken, or a chat overheard and spread maybe.

Tigers, or any other club for that matter, would be daft to tap up players, or make their antics known, intentionally or not, especially following Cockers's comments the George Ford to Barf debacle, although, nothing happened to Barf over that…..did it?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

kornboy130 wrote:Could definitely hack having Sharples here.
He is a marmite player
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Neil Fissler has tweeted:

Priestland will have a choice of Wasps and Gloucester, is said to favour moving to London. Burns to Leicester.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sapajo wrote:
kornboy130 wrote:Could definitely hack having Sharples here.
He is a marmite player
Agree sapajo. I cannot recall any defensive ability that would make the signing of Sharples a 'great' thing, but he can be good with ball in hand….and space…..and dry tracks……or maybe I'm being too harsh.
sapajo wrote:Neil Fissler has tweeted:

Priestland will have a choice of Wasps and Gloucester, is said to favour moving to London. Burns to Leicester.
Favours London? Neither of those then! :smt002 :smt003
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Agree Whitecap, frankly I do not see what Sharples can offer over any of our current wingers especially in defence. Any move in a straight line after escaping over the bridge is closer to London for Priestland :smt002
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Burns should be cheap (and getting cheaper by the day) so that could free up money to buy a good 12 (if AA or Bowden leave) or to keep Goneva or at least get a decent replacement :smt023
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Anyone know how long we signed Ryan Lamb for? just picked up a rumour that he's off to Wuss next year?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

tigerburnie wrote:Anyone know how long we signed Ryan Lamb for? just picked up a rumour that he's off to Wuss next year?

Why would he want to go to a Championship side???

:smt003

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

to join back up with Dean Ryan?
cheers
Rich
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

I rate Sharples highly as it stands and he has something of a Tigers signing about him - young, high potential, a little out of form in recent times.

As for his play - he isn't a big hitter but he's always been defensively sound enough - nothing which can't be worked I'd say - he isn't afraid to get stuck in at ruck time when required either which i like. What he does have is a good kicking game, positioning, step off both feet and electric pace - all things which could see him on his way to being a favourite at Welford Road - if indeed he does sign at all.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
amazing tiger wrote:i have a friend who is quite high up in the staffordshire rfu and he reckons we have signed sharples and burns
Signed? As in, ink dry on contract? Before we're even allowed to talk to other Prem Club players?

Cockers has admitted we've spoken to Burns's representatives so maybe they've assured Tigers that he intends to sign - different to actually having signed. Maybe his agent will tell us on 31st Dec that he will sign for us then on 1st Jan Glaws will tell us he's extended his contract with them……..

If true, and ever proven, then IMO either Tigers, or your friend, have been very stupid. People with loose lips like that shouldn't really be in 'high places' IMO, sounds like a bit of 'knowledge is power' and some personal 'kudos' to me, both dangerous in the wrong hands - or mouths. A trust broken, or a chat overheard and spread maybe.
Tigers, or any other club for that matter, would be daft to tap up players, or make their antics known, intentionally or not, especially following Cockers's comments the George Ford to Barf debacle, although, nothing happened to Barf over that…..did it?
A little harsh perhaps - Tigers will have spoken to representatives of these players and those representatives will be informed of a decision one way or the other by the player which they can choose to pass on or not. So Tigers won't have had to have been very stupid to know who they are pretty much certain to have on their books next term from talks with agents.

As for Amazing Tiger's source being very stupid - what's wrong with him passing on what he's heard, potentially from a reliable source? If it was said in trust that's one thing but if he just wanted to inform Amazing Tiger as a fan of some behind the scenes knowledge then more power too him. I for one am thankful people are willing to share their information regarding the club as it is information I am not privy to as (as despite commonly place rumours :smt002) I am not Simon Cohen. Let's not get name calling if people are kind enough to share their information.

I've also added Lamb in as there's been a few rumours going round about him.
Last edited by kornboy130 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

i was just saying what he told me. but it might of been a stupid thing to say.as everyone thinks it is