Is Ben Youngs injured? I thought hew was named on the bench originally
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: England V's Argentina

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Looks like England have broken ben:

http://www.rfu.com/news/2013/november/n ... cement_arg

Danny Care replaces Ben Youngs on bench as ben failed a late fitness test.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Good result but once again a very unsparing performance.

Ashton is a joke, misses tackles, concedes turnovers and screws up try scoring chances every other winger in the perm would put away. Even his "try" was questionable as his grounding was so delayed I am pretty sure he was in touch. I just hope Lancaster does not see the try as a chance to give him even longer in the team.

Tomkins is another player that should not be in the team imo, offers absolutely nothing going forward and is nowhere near the standard required for international rugby.

Forwards on the whole had a reasonable game although the line out once again was a problem and something we need to get right for next weekend.

No one really stood out today and if we put in a similar performance against New Zealand I fear we could be embarrassed.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

fortysix wrote:Cannot believe Ashton is considered the top right winger in England.
It is beyond a joke now.
You must have had a premonition about today's game. Despite his try Flashton was p-poor.

Now, could you send me next Friday's Lotto numbers on the quiet, please.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

SilebyTiger wrote:Marcos will destroy David Wilson + co

He did, but then Marcos tired and got taken by Dan Cole, which may or may not have happened if DC had come on earlier.

Fatty Barnes bigging up Corbs when he came on but he was lucky not to be pinged for boring in.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

TomWeston wrote:
SilebyTiger wrote:Marcos will destroy David Wilson + co

He did, but then Marcos tired and got taken by Dan Cole, which may or may not have happened if DC had come on earlier.

Fatty Barnes bigging up Corbs when he came on but he was lucky not to be pinged for boring in.
Marcos was crackered the other weekend, so apparently are all the Argentines according to a couple of newspaper reports.
I see no reason to alter my view of what is largely a p-poor team.
Unlike this guy who obviously did not watch the same game.
http://tinyurl.com/oqtrljz
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Can't help but feel Lancaster and Daddy are holding England back.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

TomWeston wrote:
fortysix wrote:Cannot believe Ashton is considered the top right winger in England.
It is beyond a joke now.
You must have had a premonition about today's game. Despite his try Flashton was p-poor.

Now, could you send me next Friday's Lotto numbers on the quiet, please.
Watching our Laydees v the Frogettes I think I would prefer this Ruth Leyborne to Flashton.

Do you think she can play on the other side?
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

England have a massive problem.

Forget the fact that six of the three quarters wouldnt get into any other International side-- Brown exempted-- the major issue is Farrell..

The Management are so inured to producing Johnny Wilkinson Mark 2 that Farrell is a shoe in, mainly because he has a good temperament when kicking goals...
Problem is he is basically a defensive fly half, has zero attacking confidence, ability and vision, and is totally paceless.

But I hear that Stancaster doesnt actually trust the rest to deliver when the pressure is on, and allied to Farrell senior breathing down his neck, it is unlikely things will change, unless of course, the sun shone and poor Fazlet got injured...........
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Thing is isn't Daddy's boys kicking record worse then Flood's? Sky campaigned to have Flood replaced and the pillocks fell for it. Daddy's boy is a centre not a 10 yet TF keeps having to play 12, just retire Toby, Lancaster won't pick you unless Daddy's boy gets injured
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I admire TF's tenacity and loyalty making himself available for England. That said its galling enough for him to have to play second fiddle to a part time club 10 with no clue. Now for the second match in a row he suffers the supreme insult, because unlike the rest of the England bench when he comes on he does not even get to play in his position but instead gets put in at 12. If I was Flood I would tell SL to shove it as Farrel is nailed on to the pitch when England play and it will not change this side of the world cup its a disgrace :smt013
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Stuart Barnes' anti tigers bias was so annoying, Hartley was ok but Barnes would have you believe he won the game single handedly
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Its a worrying obsession with certain players and tactics (usually northern, leaguers, Sarrie, or of previous associations with Bomber).

Ashton: Useless for a long while at this level. Ditto Strettle.
Tomkins: Clearly not good enough for this level. At least Eastmond/Burrell would be a threat to teams.
Clark: Picked before despite clear disciplinary issues, or little justification in a highly competitive position.
Farrell Jnr: Can't run a backline. Holding England's progression back. Still guaranteed 80 minutes.

Also we seem to be trying to play a Saracens style game, which may work well against club sides if executed well, be England aren't. Nowhere near as efficient as Saracens. And with that in mind, you need to bring something else, and the current crop do not. Bring in the likes of Wade, Flood/Burns, Eastmond and given a little time, this team could be great. The pack are doing the hard work. The backs are beyond wasteful.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:Stuart Barnes' anti tigers bias was so annoying, Hartley was ok but Barnes would have you believe he won the game single handedly
Indeed that is why he gave Hartley MOM because in so doing putting pressure on TY and easing the way for Hartley to get the start against the All Blacks. No doubt all of the stains contingent will start as SL is such a pathetic leaf in the breeze.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
tig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tig1 »

Another good win against a very decent side. Thought the first half was very good. Pack went well. Second half obviously way tougher. But a nineteen point victory over Argentina is a decent result. Better than the Abs achieved in either game this summer.

Interesting to see Australia running in seven tries and fifty points away to Italy. That was some performance, and puts into perspective England's excellent win last week.

I doubt we beat the All blacks.