Gloucester fans being stupid

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Gloucester fans being stupid

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Gloucester Rugby today issued the following statement in relation to an incident at the London Wasps game at Kingsholm on Saturday November 2nd.
The club was made aware on Monday, of a video that had been distributed online, which appears to show a supporter throwing a drink over London Wasps' Elliot Daly as he slid over the dead ball line at the West end of the ground.
Gloucester Rugby would firstly like to apologise to Mr Daly. As a member of the opposition, he was a guest at Kingsholm and should not have been subjected to such treatment.

As a club, we pride ourselves on our standing within the community and of the passionate backing we receive from our supporters. However, we absolutely condemn any behaviour of this kind.

Rugby union is a game with magnificent traditions, and respect for the opposition and its supporters is one of the most fundamental.
We studied the relevant video footage and stills photography, and have now been able to identify the individual in question.

The club will issue an update on Wednesday morning.

http://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/mobile/news/9285.php

this is surely a first at Rugby?
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: Gloucester fans being stupid

Post by trendylfj »

The only statement I want to hear from Glaws is a lifetime ban from all rugby grounds and that they have withdrawn his season ticket if he had one. I just hope that Bristol, Bath and Exeter are allowed to know identity details so he cannot buy tickets for their matches if he is banned.
Hehehehehehehehe
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

trendylfj wrote:The only statement I want to hear from Glaws is a lifetime ban from all rugby grounds and that they have withdrawn his season ticket if he had one. I just hope that Bristol, Bath and Exeter are allowed to know identity details so he cannot buy tickets for their matches if he is banned.
whilst CCTV camera's are so good at Football grounds they can read your program over your shoulder, what are they like at Rugby? will they even know who it was?
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:
trendylfj wrote:The only statement I want to hear from Glaws is a lifetime ban from all rugby grounds and that they have withdrawn his season ticket if he had one. I just hope that Bristol, Bath and Exeter are allowed to know identity details so he cannot buy tickets for their matches if he is banned.
whilst CCTV camera's are so good at Football grounds they can read your program over your shoulder, what are they like at Rugby? will they even know who it was?
They say that they have identified the individual concerned
Hehehehehehehehe
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Not surprised - while almost all Glaws fans are OK there are a few that are seriously disturbed when sherbets have been taken. Mrs G was accosted verbally and with a threatening manner by a couple of very posh tossers after we'd beaten them at their place. Mrs G refuses point blank to ever go there again.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

Wasps had a vaguely similar incident some time back and banned the guy for life. Surely Glaws will do likewise and take away the keys to his tractor too.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Nooooooooo! Not the tractor! It's the latest John Deere Sports model! :smt046
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I was on Gloucester website organising tickets for the game on the 29th and noted the statement. Looked for the video on YouTube but not found anything - does anyone have it.

On a final note - all sides have their moronic fans, Tigers included (as much as it pains me to say!).
SilebyTiger

Post by SilebyTiger »

I know what he's done deserves a ban, but banning him for life would be ridiculous unless he has history.

I hear he's banned for this season which seems much more sensible.
Alatoruk

Post by Alatoruk »

they banned him for the season, seems he gave himself up -

The supporter who was seen to throw a drink over London Wasps player Elliot Daly at Saturday's Aviva Premiership fixture has been banned for the rest of the season.
The individual was captured on video, which was quickly circulated on social media. The club was also able to identify him from stills photography.

The individual made himself known to Gloucester Rugby management on Tuesday afternoon and came to Kingsholm to meet the Operations Manager.

He was full of remorse and apologised profusely for his actions. He has promised to write letters of apology to both the club and also to Elliot Daly.

As a result of his actions, he has been banned from attending matches at Kingsholm until the first Premiership match in 2014-15. He has also been warned that any future transgression will result in a life ban.

The club now consider the matter to be closed and will not be making any further comment.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

sensible and proportionate.......
Less is more....