Comprehensive injury list

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Comprehensive injury list

Post by MrPartridge »

This has been discussed before on the Forum but I find it totally frustrating that we don't appear to know the injury status of all Tigers players. In American sport they adopt injury status reports and disabled lists that allow fans to know the injury status of all players.

Can anyone (or collectively) provide a full list of injured Tigers players and estimated return dates? I appreciate it isn't an exact science predicting return dates but it would be good to have an insight on a few players. For example, I have no idea when the likes of Tait or Camacho are likely to be back!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Comprehensive injury list

Post by sapajo »

MrPartridge wrote:Can anyone (or collectively) provide a full list of injured Tigers players and estimated return dates? I appreciate it isn't an exact science predicting return dates but it would be good to have an insight on a few players. For example, I have no idea when the likes of Tait or Camacho are likely to be back!
That has and never will be forthcoming as Tigers believe it gives our opposition a tactical advantage
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

That has and never will be forthcoming as Tigers believe it gives our opposition a tactical advantage
Strange view from Tigers if the case. American sports teams don't seem worried about this, nor the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson and Mourinho, etc.

From a purely commercial view: as fans who pay the players wages, don't we deserve to know the status of our 'assets'?
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

Leicester are currently missing Anthony Allen, Gonzalo Camacho, Tom Croft, Vereniki Goneva, Rob Hawkins, Ryan Lamb, Scott Steele, Mathew Tait and Manu Tuilagi because of injury.

They are also without Dan Cole, Toby Flood, and Ben and Tom Youngs, who all helped England beat Australia at Twickenham on Saturday.
And Geoff Parling

From the BBC website

We know Croft's out for the season.
AA until Dec\Jan I believe - probably Feb even
Camacho - Had something broken - Will be off with Argentina if fit so wont see him until end of Nov at the earliest
Goneva - 4 - 6 weeks. I would say end of Nov at the earliest
Lamb as above I would think and he will have to work really hard to get any form of recognition. He needs to talk to AA and adopt his attitude.
Tait - Next week or the week after or the week aft that or the week after that...basically sometime in the future...your season ticket may expire before he gets fit....
Tuilagi - I would go for end of Nov...hopefully fit for HC games and I mean match fit.
Hawkins and Steele - No idea
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

MrPartridge wrote:
Strange view from Tigers if the case. American sports teams don't seem worried about this, nor the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson and Mourinho, etc.

From a purely commercial view: as fans who pay the players wages, don't we deserve to know the status of our 'assets'?
American Sports mainly give out the list due to Fantasy Football being there number 2 income provider outside of Merch (number 1being betting.

Let the coaches coach or will you knowing that certain players our out change anything among the team, no? just support the team. They are not your assets, you pay for the privilege to watch and support a top class rugby team (abet not top class atm) who have been in the final for 9 consecutive years.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Various coaches in American sports also manipulate their injury list to try to gain an advantage over the opposition. Bill Belichik is often accused of this.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Yeh you just have to look at the current situation with Gonk, to know it isn't all black and white.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Smalldell - thanks for the comprehensive update :smt038
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

smalldell wrote:Lamb as above I would think and he will have to work really hard to get any form of recognition. He needs to talk to AA and adopt his attitude.
Indeed. Whilst other non-playing members of the squad turn up at home matches in smart jacket, collar and club tie, Lamb was dressed in casual jacket, V-necked shirt and skinny jeans on Saturday.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BJ. wrote:
smalldell wrote:Lamb as above I would think and he will have to work really hard to get any form of recognition. He needs to talk to AA and adopt his attitude.
Indeed. Whilst other non-playing members of the squad turn up at home matches in smart jacket, collar and club tie, Lamb was dressed in casual jacket, V-necked shirt and skinny jeans on Saturday.
Thus he has always been. Every team has one.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

BJ in my experience how the players in attendance are dressed is normally associated with whether they are on corporate hospitality duties, or with friends and family. Some of the club's concessionary tickets for those with friends and family are close to where I sit and their garb is often 'casual'.

Depending on what circumstances you saw Ryan in, could it just be he was there supporting his team-mates and in an unofficial capacity? (Also bearing in mind that players there in an unofficial capcity often mingle with their mates doing their corporate duty.) If Ryan was there in an unofficial capacity, I say good on him.
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

Do we also need to add Bowden, Hepetema and Smith to the injury list?
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

Ads677 wrote:Do we also need to add Bowden, Hepetema and Smith to the injury list?
Yes! Bowden and Smith both out with concussion an Hepetema out for several weeks with a fractured eye socket :smt009
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Bundy wrote:
Ads677 wrote:Do we also need to add Bowden, Hepetema and Smith to the injury list?
Yes! Bowden and Smith both out with concussion an Hepetema out for several weeks with a fractured eye socket :smt009
http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Matt- ... story.html
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

We are well and truely cursed.
Good luck to the academy boys!