Comprehensive injury list

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Comprehensive injury list

Post by GT1 »

Couldn't help but notice Flood was feeling his thigh/groin in the 2nd half let's hope it's just a knock & no more!
Frankers
Tiger Cub

Post by Frankers »

Frankers wrote:
Croft should be back for February or March

Please what is the source for this fantastic if true news?
Source was Crofty himself
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

GT1 wrote:Couldn't help but notice Flood was feeling his thigh/groin in the 2nd half let's hope it's just a knock & no more!
He was feeling it after his first penalty attempt.
Johnnyg

Post by Johnnyg »

You can add Julian Salvi to the list. He was wearing an orthopaedic boot on his right leg at South Leicester RFC yesterday morning. Obviously I have no idea if precautionary, but didn't look good.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Johnnyg wrote:You can add Julian Salvi to the list. He was wearing an orthopaedic boot on his right leg at South Leicester RFC yesterday morning. Obviously I have no idea if precautionary, but didn't look good.
I think Julian got the knock towards the end of the game. I think if he is out for substantial number of games then that could be our season over! :smt010
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Johnnyg wrote:You can add Julian Salvi to the list. He was wearing an orthopaedic boot on his right leg at South Leicester RFC yesterday morning. Obviously I have no idea if precautionary, but didn't look good.
Strewth. It doesn't get better, does it? :smt010
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
SilebyTiger

Post by SilebyTiger »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:
I think Julian got the knock towards the end of the game. I think if he is out for substantial number of games then that could be our season over! :smt010
Fortunately we've just signed the world's most exciting, young back row forward at the moment.
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

It's got to the point that I don't even bother to get upset about yet another injury! Who knows if we will survive the horrendous injury list to get into AP contention at the end of the season but I see a consolation bizarrely in actually enjoying the games more and seeing how players actually perform without the pressure of expectation to win?! :smt039
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Bundy wrote:It's got to the point that I don't even bother to get upset about yet another injury! Who knows if we will survive the horrendous injury list to get into AP contention at the end of the season but I see a consolation bizarrely in actually enjoying the games more and seeing how players actually perform without the pressure of expectation to win?! :smt039
Oh dear Bundy you just don't get it do you. Some on here expect the Tigers to perform even if the first choice 30 players were not available. No excuses, sack the coaches and get rid of the likes of Flood and Youngs. :smt003
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/25105604

Goneva to be fit for friday. Tait soon, but we've heard that before...
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Frankers wrote:

Frankers wrote:
Croft should be back for February or March

Please what is the source for this fantastic if true news?
Source was Crofty himself
That is great news if true! Won't get my hopes up too much though... Oh sod it, 3-5 months till we get to see Crofty playing again. Let's just hope that it is true for now though. To be fair though it wouldn't suprise me if Cockers was lying about injury lengths, by saying Crofty was out for the season he kills all speculation and hope he could return. Then, if the player comes back before Cockers said he would everyone gets a boost. I can't be the only one who is hoping that this all some sick joke by Cockers and that we will see Manu, Croft and Tait vs Glaws?
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

If they let Croft play again this season they are daft.
His knee should feel fine by then and he'll be fit as a butchers dog but the reconstructed ligament might not be up to full strength. The graft take time to develop it's blood supply and then full strength.

We don't want him to to do Lindsay Vonn, return to soon and re-injure it.
He may want to play again to put himself in the reckoning for the England summer tour but sometimes players need protecting from themselves.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Heard from reliable sources that Anthony Allen should be back for Sale and/or Bath…. nice to see things starting to move in the right direction with Tait also due to have a run out with Nottingham... :smt002
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

This seems to happen every year....no players available up to christmas then everyone seems to come back roughly the same time for the remaining part of the season
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

It may be that the change of Training ground may assist in cutting down the injuries, I remember when Derby County F C changed their training ground from Raynesway to their present facility, the number of training ground injuries dropped dramatically.