Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Worst player today...

Post by fentiger »

... in my opinion - Deacon.

He shows no leadership, when the players are huddled together behind the posts after conceding a try he is not amongst them geeing them on, no instead he is just wandering around on the perifery looking disinterested. Seems to me he is just marking time.

It's no good blaming the new/young players when there is no proper leadership out there.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Worst player today...

Post by sapajo »

fentiger wrote:... in my opinion - Deacon.

He shows no leadership, when the players are huddled together behind the posts after conceding a try he is not amongst them geeing them on, no instead he is just wandering around on the perifery looking disinterested. Seems to me he is just marking time.

It's no good blaming the new/young players when there is no proper leadership out there.
You have a point but its a more deep seated rot namely players and coaches taking the money safe in the knowledge that their pay packets will remain undiminished :smt013
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
SilebyTiger

Post by SilebyTiger »

VERY unfair to single out single players. Nobody was particularly good but I don't think anybody was outstandingly bad either. I think the coaches got it wrong tactically. We looked clueless in attack and were beaten by the better team.
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

Can't single out one player as being bad but we did not seem organised. several good individual efforts which weren't backed up by others - maybe another 9 points would have helped today .
Maybe the main man should go back in his box as the 2 games he has attended we have lost !

just kiddin btw
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

The point I am trying to make is that Deacon was the most experienced player on the field, has the Captaincy and those points make him more responsible than other players.
He hardly ever speaks to the ref, no I don't want a Borthwick clone in that respect, he does not get the players together to tell them what is needed. Contrast just those two aspects with how Toby is when Captain?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

fentiger wrote:The point I am trying to make is that Deacon was the most experienced player on the field, has the Captaincy and those points make him more responsible than other players.
He hardly ever speaks to the ref, no I don't want a Borthwick clone in that respect, he does not get the players together to tell them what is needed. Contrast just those two aspects with how Toby is when Captain?
I'll see your Deacon and add my Crane. Our little huddle were horrified by his lack of drive or effectiveness.
I see the dead hand of weight(Deacon)and favouritism (Crane)here. TTTE was better value, fullstop.
We have a great back 3 in Mafi, Slater and Salvi. Put Slater at 8.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

He shows no leadership, when the players are huddled together behind the posts after conceding a try he is not amongst them geeing them on, no instead he is just wandering around on the perifery looking disinterested.
Totally agree, I thought his leadership at Wasps was poor but tonight was even worse :smt009
A citizen of hope and glory
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Was Wigglesworth!

He allowed Hopper to be permanently offside; Lambert to collapse scrums at will; and any number or players to enter the ruck from the side.
Still keeping the faith!
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

Bill W (2) wrote:Was Wigglesworth!

He allowed Hopper to be permanently offside; Lambert to collapse scrums at will; and any number or players to enter the ruck from the side.
I Agree so did the crumbie terrace around me except for the Quins fans . Allowed some dodgy banana throw ins at the line outs too'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

No use picking out individual players. The problems we have are team problems at the moment. There is a lack of intensity, and a lack of pace, structure and patterns in attack.

Quins showed us how to engineer space and break the gainline today. Recycling the ball quickly, players coming on the ball at pace, and at the next phase there are players ready to go again. In waves.

Too often we just run out of ideas too quickly, don't have the next attack set, and we revert to easily defended carries. We don't need to offload the ball in every tackle like Quins like to do, but the pace they put of their attack was far beyond ours. Its so much harder to defend. We did well to hold them to only 2 tries to be honest (and only with a man down).
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Personally I think during the AIs, the 2nd row ought to be Slater & Kitchener, now Mafi is back at 6. I think Crane/Waldrom is 50/50 at 8.

Was it me, or did Slater take the captaincy today after Deacon was replaced (as Crane was replaced just after). Good long term plan.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Hot_Charlie wrote:Personally I think during the AIs, the 2nd row ought to be Slater & Kitchener, now Mafi is back at 6. I think Crane/Waldrom is 50/50 at 8.

Was it me, or did Slater take the captaincy today after Deacon was replaced (as Crane was replaced just after). Good long term plan.

Looled to me as if Chutes took control!
Still keeping the faith!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

fentiger wrote:... in my opinion - Deacon.

This was so noticeable as Deacon was distant from the team by the Crumbie following the Quins try and filling up with even more water.
Total lack of leadership.
How often have we seen the hundreds of supporters leaving the ground with ten minutes to go. Bring on Slater & Salvi who tried so hard he was carded for his efforts having seen Quins get away with it!
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Difficult to judge - they were all about as bad as each other. The team played like clueless Muppets. How Cockers could leave TTTE on the bench in favour of Flakey Crane is totally beyond me. IMHO, last week's performance by TTTE would have sealed the No 8 shirt for the rest of the season. Owen Williams needs to find his mojo too. At Wasps last week he was nowhere near being in position to go for the late drop goal. David Mele was apopletic with him and rightly so. Come back Flood & Youngs - QUICK!!!
Maximus66

Post by Maximus66 »

Hot_Charlie wrote:Personally I think during the AIs, the 2nd row ought to be Slater & Kitchener, now Mafi is back at 6. I think Crane/Waldrom is 50/50 at 8.

At one point I noticed Slater go over and speak to the ref in the second half. He plays from the heart and should definitely be considered a future captain :smt001