Tigers vs Quins

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Quins

Post by sapajo »

Well lets hear a reasoned balanced objective view on that performance as frankly I am gutted :smt009
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Romford Tiger

Post by Romford Tiger »

Yes - Its not our 1st choice backline.....BUT they where shocking. Never threatened the Quins defence.
Far too many first tackels missed (Crane springs to mind).

Are we missing O'Connor that much????
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Romford Tiger wrote:Yes - Its not our 1st choice backline.....BUT they where shocking. Never threatened the Quins defence.
Far too many first tackels missed (Crane springs to mind).

Are we missing O'Connor that much????
I agree all our coaching team are ex Tigers and it shows they are simply like most of the players just not upto it!
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

We lost the game. We've potentially lost Bowden and Smith. We lack incision. Williams is not yet the saviour; everything must be done to keep Flood for another season.

As Cockerill said, it was pretty embarrassing.

Now, as far as my own consistency goes, here's a little pop at the referee. Ignoring clear instructions from the assistant referee; a disgraceful decision to send Salvi to the bin; failure to spot countless high tackles and knock ons when they're right in front of his face; failure to penalise Harlequins' cynical play and punish a disciplined side.

I accept that we deserved to lose today. We were beyond poor. We would have lost even if the referee had a good game. However, it is not acceptable that, in a complex enough game as it is, referees are missing the simplest of things - today it was such an incompetent display it began to look like bias.
parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by parkerd68 »

As bad as we were, can anyone explain to me why, after giving away so many penalties, no Quins players were carded? Maybe someone watching on TV cos I'm baffled.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Quins solve their centre injury problems by signing a big man of the match centre. Tigers sign Hepetema :smt017
Tweentown

Post by Tweentown »

Whilst on the subject of refereeing decisions, I felt when watching live that the pass that led to the second try was forward. The ref referred it to the TMO. The replays clearly showed that the pass was made a yard outside the 22. The pass was received well inside the 22 - so the ball went forward. Various debate about the passers hands on TV. The TMO awarded the try. Can someone explain?
Bring back the rolling maul...and they did
Old Tight Head
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Old Tight Head »

"You can't accept mediocrity, can you..."
Cut me and I bleed red, green and white...
Romford Tiger

Post by Romford Tiger »

The ref had a better game than any Tiger did! lol
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Old Tight Head wrote:"You can't accept mediocrity, can you..."
You blatantly can at Welford Rd
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Tigers had another shocker except in the scrum ..

The Ref was frankly awful, , though the result was fair- but Quims deserved a couple of yellow cards.

We need , as said countless times, some sharpies in the :censored: backline.. Our backline is devastingly medium pace and lightweight ..... If they have Tuilagis power, fair enough, but they havent.... Morris I exempt. And presumably Lamb must return..

The backs coaching seems totally non existent, as Quims were in a totally different league.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Tweentown wrote:Whilst on the subject of refereeing decisions, I felt when watching live that the pass that led to the second try was forward. The ref referred it to the TMO. The replays clearly showed that the pass was made a yard outside the 22. The pass was received well inside the 22 - so the ball went forward. Various debate about the passers hands on TV. The TMO awarded the try. Can someone explain?
This was (the only?) one of the 'forward passes' that was correctly decided upon. Momentum dictates the movement of the ball in this situation and focussing on the movement of the hands (ie backwards motion) is the consistently applied method for determining whether a pass is forward or not.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Salvi deserved the yellow card as he slowed the ball down in the red zone preventing a try. In the end the sin binning cost Tigers 17 points.
Quins backs got too much of the ball and used it much better.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote:Salvi deserved the yellow card as he slowed the ball down in the red zone preventing a try. In the end the sin binning cost Tigers 17 points.
Do not blame Salvi for a disgraceful team performance. His yellow card was necessary due to our poor defence. Moreover he was one of the few players that actually salvaged any respect out of tonight's horror show.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

sapajo wrote:
Tigerbeat wrote:Salvi deserved the yellow card as he slowed the ball down in the red zone preventing a try. In the end the sin binning cost Tigers 17 points.
Do not blame Salvi for a disgraceful team performance. His yellow card was necessary due to our poor defence. Moreover he was one of the few players that actually salvaged any respect out of tonight's horror show.

I am not blaming Salvi for the defeat, merely stating facts. Tigers were under the cosh and Salvi tried to slow the ball down.

Salvi did not lose us the game
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk