Parking for the Quin's match and in Leicester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tiger.wych

Parking for the Quin's match and in Leicester

Post by tiger.wych »

I usually park at the King Power stadium, when I can get to home games but it is fully booked for the game on the 2nd November.
Does anyone know any other car parking near by, other then the Welford Road NCP. Thanks
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Parking for the Quinn's match

Post by fentiger »

I would guess that Tigers have had an allocation of tickets to pre-sell for parking at The King Power and that there will still be spaces available on the day.
Personally I didn't agree with having to pay a £1'50 online fee for each ticket!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

When I drive I usually park somewhere around the Freemens Common industrial estate, other side of Morrisons supermarket and the Cinema, about the same distance as KP stadium.

Depends how early you intend to be there. May be some roadside 'freebies' available if not the parking for the industrial units is used at £3 or £4 a vehicle, parking fees are advertised as going to MS charity.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
tiger.wych

Post by tiger.wych »

Thanks, that's a great help. At least I can relax a bit knowing there is other cheap options
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Try Welford Road side streets beyond the New Road Inn, or park on Welford Road no restrictions on a Saturday. About 10-15 mins walk depending if you frequent any pub on route...NRI, Donkey or Dry Dock for starters!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

My post seems to have been deleted???????????????????
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Not deleted anything, I haven't been on since yesterday teatime.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Rizzo I replied to WT in a jokey way about not giving our parking secrets away, that & WT's reply gone missing!
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

tiger.wych wrote:I usually park at the King Power stadium, when I can get to home games but it is fully booked for the game on the 2nd November.
Does anyone know any other car parking near by, other then the Welford Road NCP. Thanks
Had an email earlier from Tigers saying that parking at King Power is "on first come, first parked" basis
Pip
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

GT1 wrote:My post seems to have been deleted???????????????????
It's a shame the same didn't happen to your unnecessary horde of question marks.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Trying to get the point over that I was really surprised my & someone elses posts deleted!
I hope you feel better for spending your precious time pointing that out to me BJ!
BTW got plenty left ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :smt015
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Why do you use question marks when you're not asking a question? My post seems to have been deleted is a statement.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

It is a statement but by applying question marks it got my point over as to why the posts had been deleted!! :smt023
Have a nice day at the match & thanks for my friends cushion the other week very generous of you!
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

Ruddy Leicester council I just got back from the USA - missed the Wasps game Drove over from Warwick today for the hairy Queens match only to find my usual parking place on the Aylestone rd by the old gasworks ~(1km from WR )is now part of a bus lane and double yellow lines . I and many others have been parking there with no problems for many years. So I tried the big carpark by the Local Hero pub - intending to have a pint and a steak after the game - got turned away by the car park gestapo . From history I have found the NCP carpark behind the CAT stand is either always full or reserved. Everywhere else close to WR wants a fiver to park. I already pay over £500 a year road tax to put my family cars on British roads I should not have to pay to park on one.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parking at Welford road

Post by APJones »

Years ago I used to park in the huge carpark behind the Local Hero , the car park gestapo arrived.
Ruddy Leicester council I just got back from the USA - (missed 2 games) . However Drove over from Warwick today for the hairy Queens match.
Expected roadworks problems by the M1 / M69 - but that was OK only to find my usual parking place on the Aylestone rd by the old gasworks ~(1km from WR )is now part of a bus lane and double yellow lines . I and many others have been parking there with no problems for many years. So I tried the big carpark by the Local Hero pub - intending to have a pint and a steak after the game - got turned away by the car park gestapo . From history I have found the NCP carpark behind the CAT stand is either always full or reserved. Everywhere else close to WR wants a fiver to park. I already pay over £500 a year road tax to put my family cars on British roads I should not have to pay to park on one.
So where can you park on match days ? :smt017
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15